• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E 5th Edition Campaign Ideas and Starting Town Ideas

Valetudo

Adventurer
Hey guys, this is my first time on the website. I have a question to propose. I'm trying to make a campaign based around Ruronin Kenshin and TES. The Title is going to be called "The Cursed Blade Wars". And the prologue is pretty much about Makoto Shishio being corrupted by one of the 13 cursed blades in Japan and starts killing innocent people. The problem is that how do I go about making the starting setting for the campaign and what NPC's to put in throughout the campaign. Any advice would be awesome. Also, this would be my first time DMing.
If your gonna use long term npcs, try making them part of thr players backstories. Also be carefull of making npcs stronger than players. Maybe have someone to aspire to or a menter but players should be the stars. If I throw in a strong npc, theres a good chance hes either gonnabetray the pcs or get crippled and/or die.

S'mon

Legend
Re TES - Elder Scrolls - Skyrim I thought had a couple great starter towns in Riverwood & Whiterun. For your first couple sessions something like Riverwood or slightly larger is ideal, with NPCs, minor quests, local bandits etc. It's important to let the PCs get established before you hit them with the plot railroad.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads