• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A bit of an odd question for Sydneysiders

Hey, folks.
People who don't live in Sydney, that big, bridge-straddled, trains-never-on-time metropolis on the shores of the Pacific can probably ignore this question since they really won't be able to contribute much.
I'm going to be up there over Easter, and since I live in Canberra where RPG retailers are thin on the ground (there is really only one), I'm going to try to pick some stuff up while I'm in the Big Smoke that we don't seem to have here. The question seems a little odd, but where can I buy this stuff in Sydney?
The reason I say it sounds odd is that I imagine there are dozens of retailers that sell RPG-related nerdity, but I'm not going to be anywhere in the outskirts. I'll be staying in Cronulla (lucky me), so if it's outside Sutherland Shire it's no good to me, but I'll be in the City at least twice, so does anybody know where I can buy our hobby? I know there's a shop somewhere in the CBD with two or three levels of games, including ours, because I've been there - I just can't remember where it is or what it's called.
Any people from that neck of the woods able to help me out? The City or Sutherland Shire only, if at all possible. Is there a place at Miranda? They sell everything else...
I should probably mention to those that are worried that I'm not going up there specifically for this. It's just something I thought I'd have a look for while I just so happen to be there. OK? I'm a geek, but I'm not that much of a geek...

hong

WotC's bitch
Coming up for Necronomicon, are you? 3 game stores in the city I know of:

Tin Soldier: 46 York Street
Napoleons Military Bookshop: 139 York St
Games Paradise: 343-357 Pitt St

You can find them all on Google Maps in a jiffy.

Sugarmouse

First Post
I second Hong on the above.

There is also the GW Store.
222 Clarence Street.

All these stores are within walking distance of each other. :)

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
I recommend the first two, having worked at the third.

Actually, the third is a store with a good range, I just recommend that you don't give the owners your money.

mhacdebhandia said:

Actually, the third is a store with a good range, I just recommend that you don't give the owners your money.

What's wrong with Games Paradise, or more specifically, the owners of Games Paradise?

Olaf the Stout

Sound of Azure

Contemplative Soul
mhacdebhandia said:

Olaf the Stout said:
What's wrong with Games Paradise, or more specifically, the owners of Games Paradise?

Olaf the Stout

Indeed, inquiring mind want to know.

I only ask because I haven't dealt with them before but I plan to buy a case of D&D minis from them once my finances recover a bit. Surely they can't be any worse than MilSims in Melbourne, whose owner needs a lesson in customer service.

Olaf the Stout

Aus_Snow

First Post
Olaf the Stout said:
Surely they can't be any worse than MilSims in Melbourne, whose owner needs a lesson in customer service.
Heh, just goes to show. . .

(though I'm not sure what exactly) :uhoh:

I've never had a problem with those guys, is all. And I've ordered a fair bit from them - even checked out the store once.

Games Paradise, I've not seen (or bought from) though.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads