A break.

Dribble.

First Post
Yep. I'm taking a break. Thats pretty much all. I mean, everybody takes a break. Don't tell me you didn't! :p No, seriously, I'm leaving for a time. Knowing myself, it won't be longer than a month, but I'll try to make it longer.

WARNING - Boring and probably useless information follows. Read at your own risk.

The reasons? One, since I came here, I've been forgetting about other things. Before, I used to write, and to draw. Now I can hardly make a -lame- prototype of a stick figure. No kidding. Don't take me wrong, I don't regret it. This place was to have fun. And I had LOTS of fun :D But I have also told myself, "Damn, I can't do anything. I suck at drawing, I suck at writing, I suck at everything." So, a couple hours ago, I was invited to a party. You know, on those clubs? Because of my birthday. Anyway, instead of dancing, I sat to think. And I thought, "I'll always suck if I don't practice." So, I'm quitting ISRP (for a while) to practice, to draw, to focus on other things.

Two. I don't think I really fit here. I mean, I like the place, the people. I've had only two arguments by now, in both I was wrong :p and the first one led me to know a nice chap, Dieterich. But anyway, here at Argentina, you say role-playing, and people looks at you with a funny face and say "Eh??", and you say fantasy, and people laugh at you and tells you to read Harry Potter. Not a bash, just an example. My brother took his 1980 umm... Basic Set D&D from Canada when my family returned here, and that's by far the only connection I've had with it. Then I resulted to be proeficient with english and I stumbled on wizards, and finally here. Here I had, as I said, lots of fun, and I learned how to RP, learned that show offs are annoying, and all that. But, for some reason, I don't think I fit in the community anyway. It's like... I don't know, an ant between roaches? Lame comparison, but I hope you get the idea. Or maybe a bee between wasps, assuming the wasps are "better". Everytime I tried to participate in one of these communities, I screwed it. And I'm starting to screw it here. So I'll take a break, and return refreshed, so I can delay my permanent shun a bit.

Boring information ends here.

Anyway, don't expect to see Bari, Ghoul (who was already quite inactive) and/or his lackeys in a while. But fear not! I'll still lurk on the boards, and maybe even sign in the chat for a moment. That said, laters.

Last edited:

That's saddening, and yes, Asterix did have a fight with Midrod OOC, lol, I remember that. But anyways...if you want to RP, just ask me :p, I won't hold your screw ups against you. Hell, I screw up all the time while I'm playing 3 to 4 characters at a time. I'm either bored stiff or everyone is asking me to play. Just a note to everyone: If I'm taking my sweet dandy time, I'm sorry, I'm constantly bathed in IM's and usually RPing.

Anyways, dude, when you get back, I wanna RP with you at some point. I find it ironic how most of my best OOC friends on IMing I don't -ever- RP with. Odd, I think those were the ones that I talked about their dessies with, if you ever randomly get pm'd by someone complimenting your dessy, it's probably me lol. Sorry, but I feel obliged to do it.
Good luck dude, John

Kalreil

First Post
As a quick note. I have only played with your chars a few times, so I can't comment on that, but you mention roleplaying any wghere and you get those looks and responces, so don't feel bad there.

Sienna_Rose

First Post
My grandma thought I was satanic when she heard I played D&D, but, my mom told her it was practice for the theater, and that calmed her down. So, yeah, reactions are everywhere.

As for taking a break - if you feel the need to, do so. Everyone needs a break once in a while.
I certainly have enjoyed RPing with you, and Catriona will wonder where her new apprentice has gone.
You take care of yourself, and come back soon. :)

Elf_Ariel

First Post
Come live downunder...you say DnD and people just -look- at you. There is no recognition. It's a good way of getting a giggle actually.

I'll just miss watching you, since I dont think I've actually played with ya. But half my enjoyment is watching. How many folks now believe I'm a voyeur?! Ahhh well.

Come back safe.

Remove ads