• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Ion

Explorer
I think we're going to start with whoever is ready to go wednesday nightish. If we can't find a unique setting in which all the characters that are ready might be involved, I certainly have no qualms with using the traditional starting in a tavern. I think we could make it interesting.

What do you guys think?

Eluvan

First Post
Sorry this is taking me a little longer than expected. I have the stats done, but the background is unfinished as of yet. I'll have it done tonight. :)

zevon

First Post
I'm taking longer than I thought too...will update to 5th level before wednesday though...scout's honor....I was never a scout or much for honor actually but I'll try to have it done :uhoh:

Voadam

Legend
Voadam's rift could open anywhere so it could be at the intro scene. Or it could be in over Meadowbrook and we could write in them getting along as they both have an interest in lore and Meadowbrook has an interest in travels which means she could be interested in hearing about some of Voadam's travels throughout Faerun and other worlds. He would certainly be interested in a beautiful young magical woman. Voadam would also have to gather his bearings as the rift ripped away lots of his magical power as well as his familiar and he is currently penniless. It will be a while before Voadam builds up the money and magical power to hire a scry spell and be able to cast teleport again to reconnect with Waldo.

Voadam

Legend
Nicos's most immeadiate goals are concerning the Xanathar's Guild in Skullport, as one of the Shadow Thieves he is actively trying to destroy the "usurpers". Unfortunately he has no where near the power to get rid of them outright. He has resorted to his old tactic of political manuevering to try and place himself so that he may strike the guild down. If he accomplishes this the guildmaster in Amn has promised to make him guildmaster in Waterdeep.
Nicos is attempting to redeem himself in the eyes of the Harpers, unfortunately this has not gone well so far but Nicos has been having some success and hopes to eventually speak with Khelben Arunsun, Lady Cylyria, and Storm Silverhand so as to clear his name with the three branches of the organization. In addition he is arranging to execute a crushing blow to the Zhentarim in the area of Waterdeep, he is pinpointing the cells with the aid of a Red Wizard and hopes to strike them down within the decade.

Voadam does not know anything about the Xanathar Guild or the Zhentarim, but I could see him getting hooked into going against evil organizations.

Voadam

Legend
I did out the math on Voadam's spellbook, and it costs 8,850 to get scrolls and ink for the 1st and seconds he has beyond the free ones from starting and wizard levels 2-4. Just about right for a 9,000 gp 5th level character if you ignore the higher level spells he can't cast. :)

Ferrix

Explorer
Ion, which would you find easier to deal with, a grappling/brawler type or a pistol focused musketeer type?

I was hoping to use some of the rules on firearms from both Steam and Sorcery by Fantasy Flight Games and ENArsenal: Pistols for the musketeer.

For the brawler I was going to use some feats from AEG Feats/Mongosee's Ultimate Feats, notably: Back Alley Brawler, Joint Locking, Expert Grappler.

I'll be ready for Wednesday regardless if you let me know this one little bit.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads