• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Ion

Explorer
So, I kind of feel like DMing something. I'd like it to be set in the Forgotten Realms. I hope to find some players who want to have fun, play characters who's goals and aspirations and what not will hopefully take the spotlight.

I'm thinking around level 4 (but I'm still flexible). I don't have a starting location yet, but hopefully as the characters get created, a logical place to begin adventuring will appear.

When building your characters, feel free to use most any of the WOTC sources (just maybe list them in case I get curious), most third party books will probably be fine too, though run it by me first please.

For stats, we'll use 28 point buy. but there is a catch;

If you write up a character history, you get an extra 2 points.
If you are able to post some sort of character picture or portrait; and extra 2 points.
If you draw a map of your travels all red dotted line "Indiana Jones" style; 2 more points.
If you come up with a list of fears/phobias/quirks/favorite foods and why; more points.
Really if you come up with anything cool that adds context to your character you get points to a maximum of 36. (though feel free to create as much context as you can!)

That might be all the important stuff I can think of. If I left something out, let me know. Feel free to ask questions / toss ideas around, etc.

Rob.

Last edited:

Eluvan

First Post
Mmmm... sounds really cool actually. :)

Makes me want to make a paladin.

That said, until next Monday the vast majority of my time will be taken up with preparing for/ writing an essay, and then I'm headed off for a couple of days to go to a funeral. So not til Wednesday of next week will I really be able to think about this game.

Of course, things are slow right now with Thanksgiving coming up and all so maybe that won't matter. If it doesn't, I'll be very happy to play!

Ion

Explorer
Eluvan said:
the vast majority of my time will be taken up with preparing for/ writing an essay
I won't lie... My whole motive for starting this game is to give me something else to think about while studying for finals.

I'm such a poor student ;)

Our schedule is wholly dependent on how much interest people show, so I sadly don't have much of an answer for you now. Once it gets going I'm hoping for something near a post/day.

Last edited:

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
I'm in for this. :D (Sounds like a wonderful idea. :D )

Ion said:
I don't have a starting location yet, but hopefully as the characters get created, a logical place to begin adventuring will appear.

For me the best location would be Waterdeep but I could work around this...

I do feel I should warn you that I'm slowed do to my father having surgery last night, he's been in the hospital since last Thursday, but this should be a temporary problem as my dad is making a nice recovery.

Eluvan

First Post
Ion said:
I won't lie... My whole motive for starting this game is to give me something else to think about while studying for finals.

I'm such a poor student ;)

Our schedule is wholly dependent on how much interest people show, so I sadly don't have much of an answer for you now. Once it gets going I'm hoping for something near a post/day.

:lol:

Well, so long as there's no requirement for me to have a character up before Wednesday or Thursday next week, a post per day should be no problem for me. I like fast moving games!

Still, if you find yourself itching to get started before then, never mind. I won't be heartbroken or anything. But this does sound very promising, so I have my fingers crossed. :)

Ion

Explorer
Just so I don't get myself confused.

Interested People:
(1)Eluvan
(2)Brother Shatterstone
(3)Voadam
(4)Ferrix
(5)Fenris

That's probably just the right amount of players. Assuming everyone is still interested (once they get back ;) ) we should be set.

Remove ads