• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A "character driven" FR campaign.

Eluvan

First Post
The desert? Sure, why not. ;)

Though he'd likely find his own slightly higher-minded reasons to be there above and beyond digging up treasure, that doesn't mean he wouldn't be willing to pitch in with that too, if he and Voadam get on.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
I think we're going to start with whoever is ready to go wednesday nightish. If we can't find a unique setting in which all the characters that are ready might be involved, I certainly have no qualms with using the traditional starting in a tavern. I think we could make it interesting.

What do you guys think?

That would work for me... I know I owe you some background stuff, a list of known people, and goals, and a list of likes and dislikes, but my time tonight is probably going to be limited... So do you consider Meadowbrook to be done enough for starting tomorrow or not?

Ion

Explorer
Ferrix said:
Ion, which would you find easier to deal with, a grappling/brawler type or a pistol focused musketeer type?

I was hoping to use some of the rules on firearms from both Steam and Sorcery by Fantasy Flight Games and ENArsenal: Pistols for the musketeer.

For the brawler I was going to use some feats from AEG Feats/Mongosee's Ultimate Feats, notably: Back Alley Brawler, Joint Locking, Expert Grappler.

I'll be ready for Wednesday regardless if you let me know this one little bit.
For what it's worth, my vote is go with the brawler.

Brother Shatterstone said:
do you consider Meadowbrook to be done enough for starting tomorrow or not?

Yes

Ion

Explorer
Phineralthus Flickwort, Voadam the Traveller, Medowbrook and Firen Stormsong all seem pretty ready to go, so I think we can start with them.

Do you guys prefer the idea that Phin, Medowbrook and Firen are all hanging out in "acceptable tavern I will detail shortly" when Voadam falls out of the sky?

or After falling out of the sky, Voadam and Medowbrook go to a local tavern (which also happens to have Phin and Firen), when something out interesting happens?

or third option I've not covered?

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Ion said:
or After falling out of the sky, Voadam and Medowbrook go to a local tavern (which also happens to have Phin and Firen), when something out interesting happens?

I prefer this. :D If we go with the other than it would seem like we would all know each other minus Voadam... (of course)

Ion

Explorer
To me, the first one gives you guys the strongest reason to hang out together, "Hey, we're all interested in helping the strange man who fell out of nowhere get his bearings"

where as the second one lets you guys cut "right to" some action, and activly go about trying to do some of the things you have said you'd like to.

Ion

Explorer
With either way to start, are we working under the assumption you guys have previously met? or is whatever encounter we start with the first meeting? (except for Voadam in the second one...who met medowbrook one scene prior)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads