A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 continues
Charlarn restores Sara to 2 hp.

Sara full defends.

Iggy is up!

(ooc: Probably should keep ooc tactical advise to a minimum.)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Steve Jung said:
"We're getting killed here. We should get out of here. I can grab Ducane.

"Are you kiding, Ig's got this one on the ropes! just magic me up, we'll be fine!" In spite of being a little under the weather still, she full attacks the blinded stunned birdman before her, shouting, "Zack, Iggy, just keep that one busy another sec!" (hrm two probable hits with him stunned/blinded, but prolly too low damage on either to get through. Oh well, coulda got a lucky crit.... next level, weapon specialization! (should she live so long))

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack starts circling the unhindered beasts, hoping to draw its attention. As soon as it takes a swing at him, he drops down his scythe and takes a hold of the outstretched arm and attemps to immobilize the creature.
"Ensorcel Ducane's sword instead of one of those toys!" he yells at Charlarn and Sara.

OoC: Moving inside the threatened area to get it to use its AoO, then attempt a grapple. Touch attack 12, Grapple check 13. I accidentally used my scythe attack bonus (which has WFocus) so the numbers rolled were off by one (they're correct here). Touch attack doesn't have flanking bonus, since Zack might not have it after moving.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Dalamar said:
Zack starts circling the unhindered beasts, hoping to draw its attention. As soon as it takes a swing at him, he drops down his scythe and takes a hold of the outstretched arm and attemps to immobilize the creature.
"Ensorcel Ducane's sword instead of one of those toys!" he yells at Charlarn and Sara.
Sara makes a mental note to show that little snip what two masterwork "toys" can do to his scrawny body when weilded by someone who has trained extensively with them, but aloud just says, "uh, no."

Dalamar

Adventurer
"Dammit, you know yourself you can't even scratch the beasts with the non-ensorceled butterknife! My brother is down for the count, so you get his sword so we can kill these things before they kill us!"

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

Kahuna Burger said:
"Are you kiding, Ig's got this one on the ropes! just magic me up, we'll be fine!"
Charlarn rolls his eyes. So much for that. We have to do this together, so I guess I'm staying.
Dalamar said:
"Dammit, you know yourself you can't even scratch the beasts with the non-ensorceled butterknife! My brother is down for the count, so you get his sword so we can kill these things before they kill us!"
Charlarn switches the wand to his shield hand. "Picking up his sword wastes time. She's already wielding her weapons." He starts saying the words to his magic weapon prayer as he reaches for Sara's sword.

Cleric Spells Prepared (4/3+1/2+1: save DC 13 + level):
0-detect magic, guidance, light, mending;
1-bless, detect evil, magic weapon, sanctuary*;
2-bull's strength, shield other*, status.
*Domain spell.

Last edited:

Kahuna Burger

First Post
ok, did Zack succeed in grappling mr stony bird? If so, sara will do a charge if there's room, but definitly move over and wack (ugh, whats with the one on the damage die! 22 to hit, 5 damage) at rock-droppings with the now enchanted sword (yeah, she's still at 2 hp, but if they are hugging, she'll have some warning before she can take a hit. In that case she will also say "thanks, charlarn, you can hit this one!" (ooc: I think C can use the bastard sword too, and maybe get a few points through DR, while sara is getting all her short sword damage through. more efficienct all around, though that wouldn't have been part of sara's rather low wis computations.... :heh: )

If mr moving stony bird is not grappled, sara will instead wack (as above) the stunned one and say "can you pump me up a little more before I get into it over there?" and hope Zack survives till she makes it over able to take more than one hit. (this will also be a good test case for the now enhanced blade vs rocky.)

Remove ads