A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy is completely out of offensive spells, and feeling somewhat guilty about taking out Ducane. He goes ahead & picks up Ducane's bastard sword, "Take that you ugly monster!" he shouts.

OOC: Pick up bastard sword. Attack blinded and stunned gargoyle. -2 size, -4 nonproficient, -1 str, +1 size, +1 BAB: -5 1d10-1. DR 9-5=4. I believe Iggy has managed to miss a blinded, stunned opponent. I assume there's no AoO on Iggy since the thing can't see him.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 4 concludes
Bravely moving in and picking up Ducane's bastard sword, Iggy swats at the disabled monster and hits it ineffectively with the flat of the blade. Sara is too busy to notice, or she'd surely make a joking comment about which side of the blade is sharpened to her diminuitive wizard pal.

Clevery feigning weakness, Zack draws an attack from the other monster. Sturdilly, he withstands it's quick blow, which deals 6 points of damage (critical not confirmed.) He then attemps to grapple the monster, but it pulls away from him.

Round 5 begins
With a halfhearted parting shot at Sara (which misses) the monster yells out in a deep gravelly voice "I know nothing of this color magic which you use against us, but it shall not save you when I bring forth the rest of my wing. Huddle in fear, fools. In moments, you will die!" It bursts back into the air, drawing attacks of opportunity from Sara and Zack.

[This is a significant enough change in circumstances that I will want new posts from each player, even if you just want to confirm your previously stated action. I remind you that the nest is *not* far away. I await in dread Sara's confident declaration that she can take out half a dozen of these things at once....]

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

"Bigger wings won't help you! Come back and face me!" Iggy shouts, brandishing the bastard sword. He holds it too high, though, and it topples over. "Whoops. Uh, guys. I think we need to get out of here. Fast!"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
Patlin said:
[This is a significant enough change in circumstances that I will want new posts from each player, even if you just want to confirm your previously stated action. I remind you that the nest is *not* far away. I await in dread Sara's confident declaration that she can take out half a dozen of these things at once....]
I stand in stunned innocence at the very suggestion.... :eek:

Sara's AoO hits AC 15 (17 if flanking) and does 8 damage (or 7 if the sword isn't enchanted, I'm completely lost on order of things).

"Great, lets take the last one out before it wakes up!" Sara charges back to the stunned one, and wacks it, coming this close to a critical and doing 9 damage. (finally getting some good damage rolls....) "Iggy, seriously, put that down before you hurt yourself."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: Male human cleric 3/ranger 1

"I don't like the sound of that. Now can we leave?" Charlarn puts away his shield and the wand and tries to pick up Ducane. "Oof. Ignatious, can you help me?"

Kahuna Burger

First Post
"guys, we have to at least kill one of them or what are we doing here?!" Sara full attacks the stunned birdie for at least 3 rounds, hoping someone else will join in and they can permanently take out one foe before fleeing. (the first round is apparently a warmup, but the second & third have probable hits with the enchanted blade for 10 damage each... third round also has a possible crit on the off hand (confirms on a 15) for a total of 10... man, 700 xp to weapon spec if she lives so long....)

Dalamar

Adventurer
Zack takes a last rising swing at the creature, but once again only manages to scratch it.
He then goes to help Sara finish the remaining stonebird, but his unenchanted blade only scratches it.

OoC: Attack 16, Damage 11, not Attack 17 (misstyping). Attack 14, 20, 7; damages 11, 12, 10. This time I forgot to include the flanking that Zack gets into on the original rolls, but the bonus is included here.

Patlin

Explorer
Round 5 Continues
As the creature flies away, Sara and Zack strike. Zack manages to deal it another point of damage. As it flies away, it calls back "Fools! Your strength is no match for the armor of a Gargoyle! When I return with my brothers, the short one dies screaming!"

ooc: Charlarn has not yet cast his magic weapon spell, his last action was to heal Sara up to her current total of 2 hit points.

Charlarn pulls Ducane onto his shoulder, and begins to pull him away, requesting help from Iggy.

Sara runs up to the stunned Gargoyle, smacking at it ineffectually.

(Iggy is up!)

Kahuna Burger

First Post
I have completely lost the flow of this combat, and now it seems to be over. :\ If charlarn won't enchant the sword, Sara won't wave it around for naught. SHe will crankily accompany the cleric in leaving, grumbling about the reputation this is all giving her.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy

Iggy helps Charlarn ineffectually with one hand, and drags the sword along with the other. "He'll be OK in a minute, about the same time as that gargoyle." Iggy whistles to his pony and thinks. "The short one...that would be me, wouldn't it?"

Remove ads