A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Patlin

Explorer
Battle Concludes
Ducane's parting shot comes to naught, and the Merrow swim after their retreating mage. The merfolk don't pursue, turning their attention to their dead and wounded.

Charlarn heals Zack for 9 damage, bringing him momentarilly back to consciousness. As his rage fades, he slips once more into a catatonic state.

Patlin

Explorer
XP award
Based on Charalarn's character sheet, it looks like our last two xp awards got lost in the crash. Anyone know when the date I last gave you time xp through was? Also, does everyone have their correct xp totals?

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: I'd like to get this adventure back on track and flowing faster, so I'll go into narrative mode shortly to push things along toward the next step. (I also want to give out that xp award and introduce our three new players.)

Please let me know the following if you get a chance:

1. Your characters immediate and medium term intentions.
2. Whether you are all still out there. (My current understanding is 1) Steve is here and ready to go; 2) Manzanita is on vacation but will be back within a week and posting normally; 3) Dalamar is having summer related issues connecting to the internet, and may not realize his character is still alive; 4) Xael is having summer issues like Dalamar, and has contracted WOW-itis [which I understand as I quit cold turkey about 4 or 5 months ago: he's probably stuck somewhere in the barrens right now.] 5) KB has unspecified real life issues, and we are unlikely to hear from her for an unspecified amount of time.) I understand these issues are frequently not within our control, and that no one intends to quit the game (right?) but I do want to be able to plan for them, so let me know if I've got the status right.
3. Whether or not you would like your character temporarilly sidelined due to your other concerns -- I should be able to arrange this in a way that you can quickly return to the action if you so desire. It's been a while since we've heard from KB, so unless she posts otherwise I'll assume this is what she wants. If we don't here from Dalamar, I'll be guided by Xael as to his desires, as they seem to know each other IRL ("in real life.")

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Charlarn will use as many of the horns of curing as he can to get the wounded stabilized, if not moving. Once he has that, he'll try to bring Zach up to fighting condition. Problem is, all that will takes a few minutes at least. He'll want to go after the merrow while they're retreating.

I'm here until August 3rd, then my participation will be intermittent at best until August 9th through the 15th when I'll be away.

Xael

First Post
Patlin said:
3) Dalamar is having summer related issues connecting to the internet, and may not realize his character is still alive;
He's normally at least in MSN Messenger, but I haven't seen him online there either for a week or so. I'll find out what he's doing.
4) Xael is having summer issues like Dalamar, and has contracted WOW-itis [which I understand as I quit cold turkey about 4 or 5 months ago: he's probably stuck somewhere in the barrens right now.]
Naw, I went past The Bar... I've got everything under control. There's nothing to see here.
If we don't here from Dalamar, I'll be guided by Xael as to his desires, as they seem to know each other IRL ("in real life.")
We're cousins and part of the same RL gaming group. We usually start to harass each other if we go missing for a while. My turn it seems.

Ducane should have correct amount of experience, but I have no idea when we got the last batch. My DucaneExperience.txt hasn't been modified since the 3rd of May, but that's not necessarily correct. I'm pretty sure we haven't got anything after that date though.

Last edited:

Patlin

Explorer
Charlarn moves about, liberally dispensing healing to the wounded. Seeing the speed of the Merrow's retreat, he gives up on the notion of pursuit... there's no way he could catch them.

Ducane confronts the merfolk commander regarding the courage of his troops, or lack thereof. At first, the commander protests that his change in tactics was due to the specific request of the human wizard. The conversation rapidly deteriorates from there, as casualty figures start coming in.

[To be continued...]

Dalamar

Adventurer
OoC: Sorry for the disappearance act, real life got real busy for a while (a combination of summer job and being the "tech support" of the family), resulting in me spending only between ten to seven hours at my flat each day for the last couple of weeks. And since I do have to sleep and eat, ENWorld was among the things that were neglected.
I should be able to return to a about-daily posting now, though.

As to Zack's intentions... He'd like to forge an adamantine scythe at some point, but currently he's lacking both the funds and the tools for that (and probably won't do it untill can get enough bonus to be able to Take 10). Within the scope of the adventure, I guess he doesn't really have any specific intentions.

Patlin

Explorer
The merfolk have six dead from the encounter, in spite of everything Charlarn was able to do. THe conversation ends abruptly in a fairly cold manner. They gather together the dead, including a dead human warlock who no longer looks like a fish man, and head back to their city.

As the Merfolk didn't wait for the slower paced land dwellers, the party concludes their reception at the merfolk city is likely to be chilly. Not wanting to risk alienating your employers further, you decide to head up and out of the lake back to the small human settlement you've stayed at twice before. As you aproach, you hear a child shouting out the news of your return.

Recieving a warm greeting, you are quickly informed that you aren't the only guests. Three more adventurers arrived last night, having somehow managed to cross the wilderness completely without incident. Based on your earlier experiences, it would seem that would have required either great luck or divine guidance.

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=Before leaving Orussus]Opale would have bought two scrolls: Alter Self and Feather Fall. I would like to know if she would have the chance to learn and scribe them into her spellbook before they reach the village.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
[sblock=While Travelling]The trip from Orussus to the lake was quite long, and allowed for time to scribe spells as long as you also purchased the special inks required and have nough space in your spellbook.[/sblock]

Remove ads