A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Pbartender

First Post
Manzanita said:
"I don't suppose any of you brought any magic useful underwater or against merrows armed with longspears?"

Jack just shrugs at his fellow halfling, "It's the not the sort of thing you normally ahead plan for."

SlagMortar

First Post
I was beginning to think we'd all gone crazy.
"If we've all gone crazy then at least we seem to have excellent company. Mongrel has recently gifted me with some neat new spells, but I haven't tried any underwater."

Velmont

First Post
Opale smiles at Ignatious question. "I doesn't go somewhere without a trick in my sleeves. It isn't the greatest one, but I just learned a spell that allow to change shape, that way, the caster (and only the caster) can take a shape of any creature. Having the mermaid form underwater can be a usefull edge."

Opale pause a moment. "Is there only a merfolk city in the lake? If some wizard is corrupting the lake, we should first find what that wizard seek. Any clue?"

Manzanita

First Post
OOC: Patlin, it occurs to me that we did take down an enemy wizard (who was using an 'alter self' spell, I reckon). Were we able to capture his body? Any loot?

"No. The merfolk seem to know nothing of this vision we have all had. These humans are also completely unaware. We have to rely on ourselves. I need to learn that spell of yours, Opale, to breath underwater. I do have a wand of water breathing, but it doesn't have many more charges. Still, it has enough to get us all down to the mermen. Once there, they have the ability to cast that spell on us again to take us back to the merrow lair. I'm not sure how they will feel about this venture. I think they were disapointed in our last fight, as they lost a number of soldiers. We're unlikely to get more help from them."

Velmont

First Post
"I don't see much problem if you are willing to exchange this knowledge, but I am not sure you'll find the needed ink to scribe it in this village, and you'll need time to scribe it. It took me almost two days, do we want to loose that time?"

Velmont

First Post
"In my hand, that spell will last no more than half an hour. In the hand of an archmage, it could last a few hours, but I doubt there is one around. Anyway, that spell is hard to cast, so it is limited to target the caster only. Sorry jack, you won't transform into a merfolk today." explain Opale.

Patlin

Explorer
Manzanita said:
OOC: Patlin, it occurs to me that we did take down an enemy wizard (who was using an 'alter self' spell, I reckon). Were we able to capture his body? Any loot?

The enemy wizard got away, though an enemy warlock was slain. The merfolk gathered up his body along with their own dead, and most likely will keep any posessions he may have had. You don't have any materials for scribing or item making unless you recorded the purchase before leaving Orussus. If you really need to, you could travel to a place to purchase something, though things may deteriorate further in your absense.

Additionally, it occurs to you that Tenebrynn's potion making skills with a little help from one of the mages could be used to make form altering magic more widely available, if the materials could be aquired.

Pbartender

First Post
"That's my point, precisely," Jack confirms. "Your spell, while handy to have around, is of very limited use to the rest of us."

"Iggy... How about that water breathing wand? How long does that last, and how long does it last when the mermen cast the spell?"

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Patlin said:
Additionally, it occurs to you that Tenebrynn's potion making skills with a little help from one of the mages could be used to make form altering magic more widely available, if the materials could be aquired.

Tenebrynn? Tenebrynn, Erekose's character, is in Monemvassia stuck underground (M4)... who is Tenebrynn you ar etalking about?[/SBLOCK]

Remove ads