A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Velmont

First Post
Opale take a look at Charlarn as he present himself... "These names sounds familiar... I remember! Irene talked about you, Charlarn, you were a companion of Rinaldo, isn't it? In Monemvassia. I am suprise to find you here, Rinaldo is still over there. Sorry, I present myself: Opale di Senzio. The elf with vision is Planus, a follower of Mongrel, as you've guess. And..." Opale scans the crowd of person. "Jack, get out of that crowd!" A small halfling that no one had spot before show himself. "That's Jack, he likes to stay around and out of sight"

Pbartender

First Post
Steve Jung said:
Charlarn extends his hand. "I'm Charlarn of Phyrah. These are my companions, Sara, the warrior, the brothers, Zack and Ducane, and the wizard, Ignatious. You say a vision brought you here? It sounds like the one we got after we destroyed the stonebird men. We need to dry off and get some rest. Those merrow fight well."

"Merrow?" the innocuous little halfling inquires.

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus grins broadly, "Thank you for the introduction, Opale. These must be famous heroes indeed if you have heard of them already. Perhaps they have also heard of our exploits. If not, I'd be happy to tell you all about them."

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Velmont said:
Opale take a look at Charlarn as he present himself... "These names sounds familiar... I remember! Irene talked about you, Charlarn, you were a companion of Rinaldo, isn't it? In Monemvassia. I am suprise to find you here, Rinaldo is still over there. Sorry, I present myself: Opale di Senzio. The elf with vision is Planus, a follower of Mongrel, as you've guess. And..." Opale scans the crowd of person. "Jack, get out of that crowd!" A small halfling that no one had spot before show himself. "That's Jack, he likes to stay around and out of sight"
Charlarn says, "You've talked to Irene? I thought she was lost in Monemvassia. I hope to see her again. It's good to hear that Rinaldo is doing well. He didn't mention a sister, though. It's nice to meet you all."
Pbartender said:
"Merrow?" the innocuous little halfling inquires.
"Merrow are like ogres, except they can breathe underwater like a fish. They use these long spears so getting close to them is tricky. Planus, I'd like to hear your tale, but first we need to get out of these wet clothes, so as not to catch a cold. Excuse us." The cleric leaves for the group's lodgings. Charlarn returns wearing loose sky blue robes. A silver falcon hangs from his neck and he carries a steel shield. "Much better. Now where were we?"

Velmont

First Post
"Sister? Ah!" exclamte Opale. "I'm not his sister, and it is a good thing. He is the cousin of my husband, Fransisco di Senzio. But I am close to his familiy. The young Salvador loves magic, so I use mine to entertain him when I pay a visit to Valeria, Rinaldo's wife, as Rinaldo is always on the road, seilling things or adventuring. And yes, we met Irene just before we left Orussus to come here. She was tracking some human girl without much success."

Opale let Charlarn and his companion change there cloth. When they come back. "I suggest you to explain the situation. If Mongrel ask us to help us, it might be a good thing to us to know what coming up."

SlagMortar

First Post
Planus opens his mouth to launch into his tale as soon as Charlan returns, but when Jack and Opale speak up, he decides they are correct. It would be best to hear more about the merrow and what has been going on.

Patlin

Explorer
Patlin said:
3. Whether or not you would like your character temporarilly sidelined

ooc: After whatever recap the original players offer, Sara intends to do some exploring on the surface around the lake, hoping to find a more accessible route into the dungeon. It looks like no one else is having availability issues quite as severe as KB, but anyone who needs a break can have their character follow Sara if they wish. [Steve's vacation plans are sufficiently short term that I hope Charlarn will remain with the party.] I will write characters back into the story rapidly whenever requested.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Charlarn of Phyrah: male human cleric 3/ranger 2

Velmont said:
"Sister? Ah!" exclamte Opale. "I'm not his sister, and it is a good thing. He is the cousin of my husband, Fransisco di Senzio. But I am close to his familiy. The young Salvador loves magic, so I use mine to entertain him when I pay a visit to Valeria, Rinaldo's wife, as Rinaldo is always on the road, seilling things or adventuring. And yes, we met Irene just before we left Orussus to come here. She was tracking some human girl without much success."
"My apologies, Opale. Irene must be after Jezibel. That one's a story herself."
Velmont said:
Opale let Charlarn and his companion change there cloth. When they come back. "I suggest you to explain the situation. If Mongrel ask us to help us, it might be a good thing to us to know what coming up."
Charlarn motions everyone to come sit by the fire. "The mermen in the lake asked for help, so we came. We found this camp and the people have been kind enough to let us stay here. While we were trying to find a way to get in touch with the mermen, we got rid of the stonebird men for the hunters. Our hosts had lost contact with the mermen, but they had a wand that allows people to breathe underwater. Once in the lake, devilfish attacked us. We fought thewm off and discovered the mermen city. They are under attack by wizards who are corrupting the lake."

Manzanita

First Post
Ignatious is in a somber mood upon returning to the encampment. The undersea battle had not gone well, and Sara was in one of her moods. He couldn't blame her for trying to find another way, but neither could he agree to accompany her in this instance. Thus he had to proceed without her, which always made him anxious.

"I am so glad you had the same vision we did, Planus. I was beginning to think we'd all gone crazy. This has turned out to be a viscious fight. Our enemies are very hard to beat, partly because we have to approach them underwater. It's not worth the pearls we are paid. However, this is about more than pearls. There's something else going on. Some kind of evil plan that will spread far beyond this lake if it goes unchecked. It's nice to meet you Planus, Jack and Opale. I don't suppose any of you brought any magic useful underwater or against merrows armed with longspears?"

OOC: I'm back. Thanks for the XPs and the NPCing. Iggy's long term plans are to take the Loremaster PrC and continue to adventure.

Remove ads