A Clash of Earth and Sea (El Jefe Judging) [See Part II]

Pbartender

First Post
SlagMortar said:
"No matter what way we we go, we have to get through one of these gates. I say we head back to the rope, shimmy back up and lick our wounds for a bit, and come back tomorrow. I can feel Mongrel's blessings fading."

"That gets my vote," Jack agrees. "They've hit us hard, but we hit them pretty hard, too. We don't have time to get poor Ducane any help, or else we'll have to start again from the beginning. We'll need to regroup before we hit them again."

Patlin

Explorer
Is it your attention to backtrack out of the dungeon, then? The lot of you working at it should certainly be able to lift a gate. (You can take 20.)

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]There is a gate on teh way the wizard was? Ok, my mistake. Now there is no reason to go that way. I thought there was no gate that way...[/SBLOCK]

"Jack, you are more familiar about traps... do you have an idea how we can get out of here? by the way, aminor healing spell would be usefull, my back hurt awfully. Those gate are heavy."

Pbartender

First Post
Velmont said:
"Jack, you are more familiar about traps... do you have an idea how we can get out of here?"

"How else? Lift the gates. If we work together, I'm sure we can heave one of these portcullises high enough to slip through one at a time."

Patlin

Explorer
Pbartender said:
"How else? Lift the gates. If we work together, I'm sure we can heave one of these portcullises high enough to slip through one at a time."

Indeed, a quick examination shows them to be heavy but not locked in place.

Velmont

First Post
"I am not very strong... I hope they are not too heavy"

[SBLOCK=OOC]I dunno why, I was more thinking the gate was simple block of stone, without much grip, a bit like Indiana Jones, not like a porticulis of a castle gate, that why I thought there was no gate where the wizard came from, as he wouldn't have seen us.[/SBLOCK]

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
[SBLOCK=OOC]I dunno why, I was more thinking the gate was simple block of stone, without much grip, a bit like Indiana Jones, not like a porticulis of a castle gate, that why I thought there was no gate where the wizard came from, as he wouldn't have seen us.[/SBLOCK]

The gates are in fact made of heavy iron bars, with a flat portion on the bottom and top holding them all together. There's also several horizontal bars for reinforcement. It was the flat portion on the bottom that had a go at squishing Opale. ;)

Examining them Further, you notice that non-merrow sized creatures might even be able to squeeze through the gates. DC 30 Escape Artist check for Medium sized creatures, DC 20 for size small creatures.

Manzanita

First Post
Iggy sighs, seeing Ducane die. But he knows now is no time for sentimentality. "We need to get out of here. I'm almost out of spells, and I hurt. Let's work together to lift the gate and retreat up the chimney."

As they work, Iggy says quietly to Jack. "Jack, the merfolk might be able to raise Ducane, but we left them, er, not on the best of terms. To stay on their good side, I'd like to be able to demonstrate that we've made some progress on their problem. Would you mind, er, cutting off the right ear of each merrow we've killed as we leave? I'd do it myself, but er, you'd probably be better at it. We killed three down here & three above. I think that would impress the merfolk."

Iggy is also eager to seize that hanging thing in the storeroom they passed if there's time.

Patlin

Explorer
ooc: Do you take the ear from the one you killed in this room, too? Whether or not you have time to check back on the hanging thing before you leave is entirely up to you, btw.

Remove ads