• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A complex question for you gaming-gurus out there...

Cedric

First Post
For starting a plantation, instead of buying an existing one (complete with good reputation) ..

And for starting the Coffee House/Coffee Trade in Waterdeep, I think these numbers are reasonable.

Honestly there are tons of ways of doing it. You seemed to have taken elements of many of the ideas posted here to come up with something you like for your campaign...

And that sir, is good DM'ing!

Cedric

I vaguely remember that the Birthright book had tables and rules for crops, income, and other related subjects for a duchy. This could probably be scaled down to work with a single plantation.

That said, I really like Cedric's work on this. Kudos! I'll have to keep that in mind in case one of my players goes on a business kick.

Ysgarran

Just how long would it take for the coffee plant to grow to
maturity? Or is the there an assumption that there is
a mature coffee plantation to buy?

If there is one on the market competition for that plantation might be sharp especially if someone is looking to form a monopoly of some sort.

Ysgarran

Cedric said:
Plantation implies established, old, large and with a built in reputation.

Remove ads