• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A cool link for Gamma World fans

Skunkape

First Post
Hi everyone, a member of the GammaWorld Yahoo group that I belong to brought this post to our attention. While I think it's great for people to post links to sites for GW information so that others can view the information, I and other members of the Yahoo group feel it necessary to notify everyone as to the content on this site.

While I have no problem sharing information that I have created, I find it necessary to give credit where credit is due. Also, if I put something on my own site that is not something I created, I notify the individual who created it first and ask permission.

If I get their permission, I then make sure to credit them for this information. Finally, if I have something on my site that I did not create, and the person who created it wants me to remove it, I take that information down.

The Hobbitlands site is another story. Here is an email I received from one of the members of the group who wanted me to post it here.

Quote-----

Biohazard-

FYI, this site has material "borrowed" from several other GW sites.
Several of the owners of the material the webmaster "borrowed" asked that
their material be removed and he responded with language that would make
Eric's grandmother blush. I am not attacking you, just the webmaster.
JFYI

I am not interested in starting any confrontations about your original post, nor am I interested in starting a fight about the Hobbitlands site. I am just interested in making sure people realize where the information on that site came from, and that there have been issues with that site in the past.

dvvega

Explorer
Here here! Its good to know that a unified group is keeping watch on material and giving credit where it is due. I personally hate plagerism.

Remove ads