A curse

Kallikrates

First Post
Ya...My typing skills are somewhat break neck at times.

And I don't want him to leave because he's not a true problem.

Not like back in the days of Wizards. I think Nashira would have busted someone up side the head back then. Grief...my memory is long...

Bari

First Post
John a.k.a Sir D said:
THANK YOU! Seriously though, a lot of my posts are just trying to address problems, like the start of this one. I really don't understand why people keep bashing me for some of my thoughts and stuff. Really though, everyone seems to attack me and I don't know why really. Anyway I would just like to note two things. One being the fact that everyone is complaining that I complain too much. I'd like most of you to really think about that. I complained a lot, yes, I know that. I was goin' through a hard time just like everyone does sometimes. But so do all of you, and I am constantly having people asking me about their problems, but do I ever say that you complain about things to much? No. I try and help you all the time without insulting or sarcastically replying to you. I never complain about you people, also, if you don't like reading the posts and think that they are too stupid, then either don't post about that or don't read them. I suppose that is all, and I feel exactly as Krystal has said, thanks for -someone- to actually realize what happens to me on here, any post I do write gets criticized.

*sigh*
Of course it gets criticized. Thank god it gets criticized. If everyone just praised you and always agreed with what you say, this would be pretty stupid world, everybody would make the same mistakes over and over and over.

I'm sad John, because, I'm in two prerrogatives now:

A: You didn't read my post.
B: You didn't understand it.

Personally, I hope it's the second. But I'm not gonna post it again, unless you really didn't understand it.

Thamior said:
Wow, this thing is getting waaaay outta hand. I'm not taking sides, I've been here a fair amount of time but I still lurk and whine on occasion, a free speach type of right no?

It's not about taking sides, we are not fighting a war here. We are trying to reason. It's not getting out of hand, there was no flames or fights whatsoever, aside from a little line wich that probably escaped the keyboard because its author was having a bad day, everyone can make mistakes from time to time.

Last edited:

Dontella

First Post
Ahem.

Can we get this thread locked up?

Obviously it's terribly out of hand, and obviously people can not play nice.

Better to stop it now, before it gets worse.

Thanks.

Thamior

First Post
Dontella said:
Ahem.

Can we get this thread locked up?

Obviously it's terribly out of hand, and obviously people can not play nice.

Better to stop it now, before it gets worse.

Thanks.

That's what I said.... well atleast that it's out of hand

Magi_Trelian

First Post
I've seen people getting annoyed and showing it, but that's not breaking any rules. Playing nice is a hope, not a requirement. Some degree of argument should be allowed to be aired on the boards, but of course people will vary in how much is "out of hand."

"You disgust me" is harrassment if directed to a single person, but as a generalization it's borderline acceptable. ("This behaviour disgusts me" is preferable phrasing. Learn this sort of indirection and make it second nature. It'll help keep you out of too deep trouble when you're sending hasty e-mails in response to idiots at work. ;-))

Note that I'm always willing to lock a thread at any time if requested by the person who started that thread. (isrpmagi@gmail.com, remember)

The thread also seems to have petered out.

And with all that said, I see no pressing need to lock it.

Alana

First Post
Alright... after reading this thread, and some of the others, I will say what my overall opinion is. This is not meant as a flame, nor an insult, nor an attack, it is simply what I gather from what I've observed.

It seems to me, that someone like to only listen to the advice/support of those who agree with their ideas. If the advice being offered isn't synonymous with what the player asking for the advice wants to hear, then this player simply ignores the advice, or laughs it off rather harshly.

This isn't only restricted to the player this is vaguely aimed at; well all do this at one point or another, but it's the bigger people who keep an open mind about what they're asking advice on, who will actually learn and grow from the advice being solicited, whether they agree with it or not.

If you're not going to at least listen and think about advice, information, or opinions, no matter whether the jive with what you yourself believe, that you yourself asked for, then there's really no point in aking for it in the first place, unless you can keep an open mind. You just have accept that just because someone says something that isn't entirely positive and praising when they're giving their advice or opinion, doesn't meanthat they're being malicious. It's called 'constructive criticism'.

If you can't take it, I don't suggest taking a college art class of any kind, since your instructors and peers will pick out the faults and flaws of something you put your skill and pride into, not to be malicious, but to help you learn and grow from your mistakes.

Remove ads