A D&D History Tour Of Lake Geneva

Several staffers from WotC attended Gary Con this weekend. Aside from lots of gaming, they also went on a tour of historic TSR locations. Gary Con is held in Lake Geneva, the birthplace of TSR, the company which launched Dungeons & Dragons back in 1974. The "Gary" of "Gary Con", of course, refers to D&D co-creator Gary Gygax, and started the year of his passing in 2008. Here are some of the places WotC's staff visited.

Several staffers from WotC attended Gary Con this weekend. Aside from lots of gaming, they also went on a tour of historic TSR locations. Gary Con is held in Lake Geneva, the birthplace of TSR, the company which launched Dungeons & Dragons back in 1974. The "Gary" of "Gary Con", of course, refers to D&D co-creator Gary Gygax, and started the year of his passing in 2008. Here are some of the places WotC's staff visited.

Cc4578QUUAAWihw.jpg

The location of the very first Gen Con

Cc4578PVAAAY6ch.jpg

Cc47pjzW8AE3OI7.jpg

Cc48ciSWAAA9Ldi.jpg

Gary Gygax's old house

Cc4-l7YWwAMyazJ.jpg

The first TSR building, a few blocks from Gary Gygax's house

Cc5vqFkVAAEEEJB.jpg

Another Gen Con location​

SwivSnapshot

First Post
What is awful? Tourists? Prices? Traffic? Would you say more?

Yes, yes and yes, but I work in downtown Lake Geneva, so I'm pretty biased, especially against the fiends who keep stealing my parking space so they can run into Starbucks.

Interesting. Thanks! Any more photos? What about the later, big TSR office place?

Now private offices and warehousing. Roll an open locks check....

Remove ads

Remove ads