A dilema

StupidSmurf

First Post
Wait! Stop the presses! I got it! I. Have. Got. It. An elegant solution. If you're a DM and someone's wife is making out with some other guy, but you don't want to tell the husband that she's cheating on him, then simply rephrase it. Use the following letter:

Dear Friend
Sorry to be a bother, but could you please be so kind as to tell your spouse to cease playing tongue-hockey with this other guy on my couch? It's really distracting, ruins the fantasy mood I'm trying to build, and harms the game's flow. Normally, I would smack down a player for non-gaming behavior, but, given the awkward nature of the activity, I thought it better if someone who knew her more intimately would be better off doing the honors.

Thank you ever so much for your time. Let me know how it works out for you.

Your friend,
(Insert Name Here)

HeapThaumaturgist

First Post
billd91 said:
I think Conan would be the one doing your wife, truth to tell. You just can't trust that barbarian.

THEN he'd tell you. And if you got angry and went for him, the "dun dun dundun dunadunadun!" music would start in the background and he'd cut you down in the street like a dog.

And if you DIDN'T get angry and go for him, he'd think you were unmanly and cut you down in the street like a dog. But without the music, because then it would just be a morality moment about what it means to be a manly-man ... and not being a manly-man means you're not even worthy of background music.

--fje

fafhrd

First Post
Or he may cut you down like a dog first. As you lay there in a steaming pile of your viscera, watching his exertions and listening to the lamentations of your woman, you would be the first to know.

Lord Pendragon

First Post
radferth said:
2) If you suspect or know my wife is cheating on me, do not tell me. There are many reasons, but it boils down to that our relationship is between us, and it would not be helpful to hear about something like that from a third party.
Wow. Again, this just goes to show how differently we all see these intimate issues. From where I'm sitting, it seems like you'd rather live a lie than have a friend intrude (as you believe it would be) on your relationship.

I can't fathom that. The idea of preferring to be cheated on, rather than have an outsider reveal the truth, staggers me. It is completely foreign to my way of thinking.

Now, if a friend told me this upfront I'd have no trouble acceding to his wishes. I'd just never understand why he preferred I do as I was doing. ;)

DonTadow

First Post
Lord Pendragon said:
Wow. Again, this just goes to show how differently we all see these intimate issues. From where I'm sitting, it seems like you'd rather live a lie than have a friend intrude (as you believe it would be) on your relationship.

I can't fathom that. The idea of preferring to be cheated on, rather than have an outsider reveal the truth, staggers me. It is completely foreign to my way of thinking.

Now, if a friend told me this upfront I'd have no trouble acceding to his wishes. I'd just never understand why he preferred I do as I was doing. ;)
I've been through something like that, and it gets more and more difficult when children and other family members envolved. I knew my ex was cheating for months of our relationship but I didn't want to leave because we had a child together. You really do live in a fantasy world and when others try to tell you , you lash out at them because you don't want to lash out at the person/people envolved for fear of changing the environment.

Remove ads