A Fantasy RPG Themed Bar on Kickstarter

Dungeons & Drafts is "a tavern for geeks and gamers coming Spring 2015 to Fort Collins, Co." While that's probably not of much use to 99.999999% of people reading this, it's still something fun to read about. It's raising funds on Kickstarter (funded very quickly, and now approaching $60K). "For too long geeks have had to endure noisy sports bars and venues without readily accessible polyhedral dice just to have a drink with friends. Well, no more! Dungeons & Drafts is here to provide geeks from all walks of life with a welcoming place to call their own, kick back with a pint, and play a game with friends."

Dungeons & Drafts is "a tavern for geeks and gamers coming Spring 2015 to Fort Collins, Co." While that's probably not of much use to 99.999999% of people reading this, it's still something fun to read about. It's raising funds on Kickstarter (funded very quickly, and now approaching $60K). "For too long geeks have had to endure noisy sports bars and venues without readily accessible polyhedral dice just to have a drink with friends. Well, no more! Dungeons & Drafts is here to provide geeks from all walks of life with a welcoming place to call their own, kick back with a pint, and play a game with friends."

pub.png

The Kickstarter is here. With themed menus (The Ranger Cheese Plate, and a bunch of normal food which pretty much looks exactly like the pub round the corner from me!) and drinks (Health Potion, Phoenix Down), it looks kinda fun. It sounds like one of those boardgame cafes, but instead of lunchtime coffees it's for evening beers.

drinks.png

The M'hael

First Post
It sounds like one of those boardgame cafes, but instead of lunchtime coffees it's for evening beers.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showth...y-RPG-Themed-Bar-on-Kickstarter#ixzz3VoYnvm4e
I used to live in Fort Collins, so this is really interesting. This quote reminds me of The Haunted Game Cafe which is also in Fort Collins (Behind the Red Lobster if anyone cares). The HGC had a board game library where you could just go in and play a game while drinking a Coffee of a Smoothie. When this opens Ft. Collins will have this, the HGC and Griffon Games and Comics. People who live there are really lucky to have so many great places to game. Many places don't have any game stores anywhere near them.

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Anyone care to translate from American to English? :D

Definition of "DudeBro" can be found here: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dude+bro

A Tapout shirt is a shirt worn by Ultimate Fighter fans (kickboxing / wrestling / martial arts hybrid cage matches)

View attachment 67660

DISCLAIMER: I have personally never met a "DudeBro." And I have also never watched a single Tap Out match, ever. Therefore, the above references are provided "as is" with no bias on my part as to the accuracy of said stereotype. Like all stereotypes, I would imagine that they should be taken with a grain of salt. After all, there are those who would characterize us as "Ne'er-do-wells" and "under-achieving gamer nerds." :p

Last edited by a moderator:

Fildrigar

Explorer
It's the best I could do on short notice.

We have several of these types of establishments around the Seattle area.

AFK Tavern and AFK Elixirs and Eatery are two. Gamer themed bars and restaurants. They have Karaoke night.

Card Kingdom/Cafe Mox and The Mox Boarding House are two more, if slightly different. They're game stores with a bar/restaurant attached.

Then we have a few Game Stores/Cafes. Around the Table ( awesome selection of used games for sale, plus beer on draft, ice cream, and pizza.) And Meeples Games. ( allegedly famous for their Queso. It's actually not so great.)

These types of places are popping up all over the place. I think it's a sign of things to come. More and more people are buying their games at a discount on the Internet. Having your game store of choice offer additional services is a way to keep them in business.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
We have nothing vaguely resembling that. Not even a game store. Must be weird living somewhere like Seattle.

Remove ads

Remove ads