• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Level Up (A5E) A full list of combat maneuvers

WinnableBadger

Explorer
You're not using basic maneuvers to inflict damage. The damage is just a side effect.
I can't be bothered to track one damage though. Especially at level 8. I understand you get side effects, but would it be game breaking to say proficiency bonus damage? At least for lower levels. Maybe 2-3-4(-5?) then cap out there?

King Brad

Explorer
Is basic melee damage + Strength? Because then I could see it making sense as that is what a regular unarmed strike is. Otherwise, I'll likely houserule it to just be with strength or flat proficiency bonus.

King Brad

Explorer
I could sense it.

Attachments

• professor-x-xavier.gif
    professor-x-xavier.gif
    306.6 KB · Views: 102

WinnableBadger

Explorer
oh that is so much better! I am so happy that the previews are not necessarily final as well. Most of the stuff looks amazing, but there are some strange ones here and there

Faolyn

(she/her)
I can't be bothered to track one damage though. Especially at level 8. I understand you get side effects, but would it be game breaking to say proficiency bonus damage? At least for lower levels. Maybe 2-3-4(-5?) then cap out there?
I would track it (since it's possible to roll a 1 for damage when using a weapon, if you don't have a stat bonus, and I'd track that), but personally, I think I'd ignore basic damage unless the PC actively wanted to inflict damage when using a basic maneuver or there's an ability that adds to your basic damage (or lets you add basic damage to another attack).

Remove ads