• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Great New Fantasy Card Game

pogre

Legend
Thanks for the heads up - looks like a fun game.

A bit off-topic: I would love to see the general area of ENWorld have more posts like this.

Col_Pladoh

Gary Gygax
pogre said:
Thanks for the heads up - looks like a fun game.

A bit off-topic: I would love to see the general area of ENWorld have more posts like this.
Yuletide Cheer!

Happy to have been of service. Of late I have bveen playing a lot of buard and card games, but it isn't often that I get onto one that is virtually brand new.

Christmas best wishes.
Gary

KRBourgoine

First Post
Gundark said:
well it looks interesting. The website was definetly lacking. Couldn't find anything on it on Boardgamegeek

Good news, I was just told Adventurer Card Game was added to Boardgamegeek. I will be a taking a look later and adding some extra information.
Also there should soon be a few nice product shots of the game on the Adventurergame.com website.
So far people have been really pleased with what they are getting, so much so that we are starting to get re-orders!

Have a great new year,

K.R.Bourgoine
www.ADVENTURERGAME.com

KRBourgoine

First Post
dvvega said:
Greetings,

what are the similarities/differences to the Dungeoneer game which is card based as well?

Linkage: http://www.atlas-games.com/dungeoneer/

TIA
D

Dvvega,

I dont have the answer to that. I have never played the Dungeoneer game. But with only looking at the link you posted and some of the documentation on it I hazard that Adventurer is a littler lighter in rules. Adventurer was designed for fast quick play and to be extremely easy to learn, which would open the game up the to the widest collection of players.

I hope that helps, or perhaps somebody else who has played both can tell us other differences.

K.R.Bourgoine
www.ADVENTURERGAME.com

mordelack

First Post
This might help a little as well, here is what the game looks like:

adventurerproductshotawk3.jpg

MeepoDM

First Post
My copy has arrived!

First off, the packaging is gorgeous. Beautiful full color artwork. The style reminds me of Talisman, another favorite of mine. The cards physical quality are comparable to any CCG card I've seen.

Here are some pics. Apologies for the flash and/or blurriness. The lighting in my home is terrible today, looks like another snow storm coming!

This is a shot of the entire package. Includes The box top and bottom, deck, dice, rules sheet (only 2 pages, woot!), promotional flyer, the 4 heroes, and 2 promo cards.

This is a closeup of the promos and dice. Dice are of surprisingly high quality!

This is a shot of 16 cards whose artwork hadn't been seen online yet.

This is a closeup of the box. Unlike most card games, this game doesn't have a "tuck box" which was what I expected. Instead it is two pieces, the top resting over the bottom. Good quality, will hold up on a gameshelf well!

All in all, I am very impressed! I hope to see this game on shelves soon!

Also, feel free to come on over to the new official forums and chat with everyone about the game. A quick RPG-like experience in a pocket, how can ya go wrong? :)

Last edited:

Rhuvein

First Post
This is a very fun game that we got for Christmas. My daughter, wife and I have been playing it and having a blast. I can't wait to my gaming group to try it next time we get together!

:D

KRBourgoine

First Post
Just thoughts that I would give a heads up on all the work M.r Reaper has done. He set up an online version of Adventurer for people to participate in. If you have not had a chance to play yet, this is a great start.
Head on over to the Dragonsfoot.org forums and join in one of their online versions of Adventurer run by the infamous Mr. Reaper.

You can check this thread here for when a game might be going on:

http://www.dragonsfoot.org/forums/viewtopic.php?t=26934

K.R.
www.ADVENTURERGAME.com

Remove ads