• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A hobby for a demon-prince

Kodam

First Post
Hi!

What evil hobbies do your demon-princes have? What do they do "just for fun"? :D

I love this one: The demon has somehow captured an angel. Now he uses Summon Monster to summon another celestial being. Then the latter one is commanded to torture the first. :eek: This wont just hurt those two but will stirr up all heaven literally. :D

Kodam

shilsen

Adventurer
Knitting.

What? Just because you're an evil planar tyrant spreading suffering in your wake, you can't relax with some soothing cross-stitching?

Okay, fine - knitting with hair and skin drawn from living creatures, preferably angels and such. Now are you happy?

Critics!

Nifft

Penguin Herder
From an ancient issue of Grimjack: playing golf with living bunny heads. Then, using the severed heads to create flying energy-beam mini-demons.

Flying bunny-head ray-guns. That's a hobby fit for a demon-prince.

-- N

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
Every read Zelanazy's Bring me the Head of Prince Charming? Balance of power game, the most evil would have to change the outcome of a fairy tale (happy ending) to gain control of a world.

I do think it should be a game game/hidden game.

Stormborn

Explorer
While not a demon prince, I had the leader of a powerful demonic cult collect Tattoos. Other people's that is. He cut them off, dried them, and had them pressed into a book. In his other identity as a wealthy merchant he would occasionally see a new style or variation on someone in the market place. They usually wound up on the list for sacrifice, but he was careful not to mar the tat.

On the other hand, having just spend most of the day writing commentary on the it, the Book of Job says that the Devil spend his time "Going to an fro about the earth, seeking whom he might devour."
I think demon princes probablly spend there off hours causing little simple problems. Giving people exactly what they want, encouraging them write that book, telling them small simple truths, that sort of thing. Or maybe thats just how I spend my off hours.

Collecting oddly shaped snack food is good too.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
Hmm, lets see. What can we do to make your demon prince just that much more vile without really messing around with his stats?

If I were a bored demon prince, I would appear as that stranger from out of town who is just that much better then everyone else. He could tempt people of the opposite sex to cause the original suitor to abandon the woman, then turf her, and convince everyone in town that she is a whore. He could buy all the local live stock, slaughter them, and let the town starve.

Or he could just go ahead and sneak into peoples houses at night and wreck up the place.

END COMMUNICATION

takyris

First Post
I dunno. I like my sincerely evil folks to be just a little tormented and weird. There's nothing like breaking into the lair of the demon prince and finding wall after wall of paintings of a beautiful female celestial in sensual, but not quite erotic, poses. Beautiful paintings that would make bards weep and paladins blush, crafted without the aid of magic.

Raises a few questions about who the subject is, why she lets the demon paint her, and so on.

Or, to keep it demonic and all that, five angel paintings and then one painting of a horrifically tortured living creature that is, from the looks of things, still alive and being dominated to stand, bleeding and eviscerated, in an inhumanly painful position that causes its very joints to pop -- and was obviously kept that way for hours, while the demon got the colors, texture, and luminosity just right.

Angel, angel, torture victim, angel, basket of fruit... that would weird me out.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
The problem would a demon prince have any free time for a hobby? They are power hungry, so they are always looking to increase their standing. Then they are power hungry so they have to protect what they already have.

I think you could see thier jobs as their hobbies, enjoying it. :)

MarauderX

Explorer
I always figured if they had free time they would spend it torturing someone/thing. Not necessarily for information, just to get better at it with each type of creature they abuse.

They may be masters of sociology so that they could know the behavior of species and could anticipate what reactions he could expect from various members of society. A huge library about legends and people could be the largest collection ever seen, and the demon-prince may be in the middle of writing several books on the subject as well.

Remove ads