• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A house rule that made your class perfect

Nevvur

Explorer
I always wanted to play a Devotion paladin that could do Sacred Weapon as a bonus action, but then I remember no paladin deserves more power.

Gadget

Adventurer
Here's one I've been toying with for Pact of the Blade Pact Boon:

You can use your Eldritch Blast cantrip create a shimmering melee pact weapon in your empty hand of eldritch power rather than the usual blast. You can choose the form that this melee weapon takes each time you create it. You can attack with this weapon by making a melee spell attack against a target in reach. This weapon counts as magical for the purpose of overcoming resistance and immunity to non-magical attacks and damage and the damage for this weapon is 1d8, no matter what form it takes. Your pact weapon disappears if it is not in your grasp and must be created anew. You can also use an action to dismiss the weapon, or it disappears if you die or fall unconscious. You cannot use the Eldritch Blast cantrip while you have your pact weapon, but each time you would get another bolt with Eldritch Blast, you can make an addition melee spell attack with the pact weapon as part of your action.

Invocations that affect Eldritch Blast, also affect your one of your attacks per round with the pact weapon. Agonizing Blast adds your charisma modifier to damage with pact weapon, Eldritch Spear extends the reach of your pact weapon by 5', Repelling blast can push a target you hit 10', etc.

This way you have a blade pact warlock that can really use their pact blade to decent effect. Thirsting Blade allows you to use your reaction to make a melee spell attack for an opportunity attacks while holding your pact weapon (as you are making melee spell attacks with it, you do not automatically get opportunity attacks) and Life Drinker is replaced by an Invocation that grants medium armor and shield proficiency. This pretty much eliminates the need for the Hexblade sub class and most of its cool features could be given to the Raven Queen sub class.

WarpedAcorn

First Post
Warlocks get Ritual casting just like Wizards and Clerics
Warlocks have proficiency in Martial weapons
Warlocks can use magic items normally reserved for Clerics, Druids, or Wizards.

I would add one more for Warlock, let them add Animate Dead to their spell list or create it as an Invocation. I haven't played a Warlock for more than 1 game, but if I did that would be the one thing that would make the class near perfect for me.

Yunru

Banned
Banned
Well, here we go.
*Slams book down*

Right, change number 1:
Berserker Barbarians have another level 3 feature "Font of Stamina" which lets them recover 1 exhaustion level each short rest.

Change number 2:
*Shot*

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads