A Keep on the Borderlands: Consolidation

jkason

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Gotcha. Apologies for my seive brain[/sblock]

"If we think Hexum might be inclined to more of his spellcasting, Maybe someone with range can draw a bead on him from the overlook?"

[sblock=ooc]I don't know how many spells Arcata has left, or I'd have him explictly suggest that. If she doesn't, one of our remaining archers should probably be stationed as lookout?[/sblock]

Axel

First Post
Sh'aah, blood still streaming from the groove in his axe, shoulders through the press of people around the tunnel entrance and into the treacherous patch of ground.

Raising his axe in a high overhead arc, to strike down on the prone dwarf like an executioner, Sh'aah nearly loses his balance and goes over backwards. Cursing his own foolishness, he recovered his balance, still standing over the prone dwarf like a sentinel.

[Sblock=rolls & ooc]
Acrobatics DC10 to move into the grease, adjacent to prone Dwarf (I think you can attempt untrained Acrobatics for the purposes of moving through Grease?): 1d20+2-2=16 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4541197/

Attack roll 1d20+9=10 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/4541214/
Well, that ends my run of excellent attack rolls...fitting in a way I guess :)
[/Sblock]

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

"He might have some useful information if we let him keep his head, anyway, Sh'aah," Bastian calls, adding to the prone dwarf, "Of course, if you want to have your scalp on a string for our half-orc friend, I'm sure we can accommodate that."

Shayuri

First Post
Arcata goes to rest a comforting hand on Sh'aah's shoulder...though she has to raise it over her head to do so. Then she turns to Bastian.

"Anyone with a crossbow, to me. We'll go to the overlook and see if we can harass them from above. Best we don't let them regroup in peace. Anyone we can pick off is one we won't have to fight when they come again...or after they retreat and we have to assault the waystation."

She nodded at the Lion of Dulat. "You form up a line of defense here. The spell I cast won't last forever, and I only have enough power for one more of that much energy. After that..." She lifted a hand and shrugged as sparks played between her fingers briefly. "...just apprentice tricks. This fight will be won by swords and soldiers, not my vast magic powers."

Her smile was wry at that, and she looked around to see how many people had ranged weapons to join her sortie.

Kaodi

Hero
"I might have a trick left up my sleeve," offers Brother Comoray. "But I am not sure whether I will have the opportunity to use it to full effect with a restrictive passage in between us." The warrior priest elects to position himself midway up the stairs so that he may move to aid either group of defenders.

jkason

First Post
Bastian Sangue, human cavalier

Bastian nods at Arcata's orders, gesturing for those without ranged weapons to ready themselves to guard the passageway. His face takes on a slight grin as the lady deprecates her magical abilities, but makes no further comment.

Axel

First Post
Arcata's touch on his shoulder was like a bolt of electricity! She has never touched me before! That was a wonderful thing. Smiling in his thoughts, Sh'aah paused long enough to get some semblance of self control, and didn't bring his axe down on the dwarf. Yet. He settled for an un-gentle nudge with his boot that fell short of a kick.

"Up," was all he said.

Dr Simon

Explorer
As Arcata and and Bastian head to the overlook, Cassie and one of the Copper Dwarves follow, crossbows at the ready. Comoray moves to a more central position whilst the other Copper Dwarves form a defensive line, with Fyfe ending up part of it. The stocky Dulat trooper looks momentarily dumbfounded.

Sh'aah's Cobalt Dwarf prisoner gets carefully to his feet, glaring at his captors and trying to maintain as much dignity as he can when his feet keep threatening to slip out from under him at any moment. Slowly and carefully he puts his hands on his head.

[sblock=OOC]
Dwarf Sanctuary 12.jpg
This is the positioning as it stands at the start of the next round; there's time enough for those in the overlook to move and act before the Cobalt Dwarves do whatever they are planning to do next.
[/sblock]

Shayuri

First Post
(OOC - the map is a bit unclear; can 9 and 8 get to Arcata and the crossbowfolks? It looks like that's an open chamber between them.)

Dr Simon

Explorer
OOC: No, it was sketched a bit carelessly but the "opening" from the overlook room is little more than an arrow slit, and about 20 ft. above ground level.

Remove ads