• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A new beginning.

WraithSpawn

First Post
Preparing for Battle

"Not sure on exact numbers, Drilk senses quite a few more beyond the walls. I'd give a conservative estimate of twenty or so based on the size of the compound. We're up against a lot. We could use the Paladin's help. Either way, we should hug the wall so they can't get a shot at us with that ballista."

Dravis peers at the jugs more closely and then seems to be lost in thought for a while.

"When I was a child, raiding orcs often carried potions of flame."

Dravis spits on the ground.

"Perhaps these orcs carry the same. We should take them out quickly and silently or else find another way around. We would have to close in fast so they don't get a chance to use these potions against us, if that's what they are."

(OCC- Chris, I'm not sure what the potions are, but based on the orcs' accessability to them, I would guess they're the magical equivalent of Molotov Cocktails.)"

Aerlyn

First Post
Aerlyn silently moves closer to Dravis and Caedren.

"I agree that if we take out these orcs then we must sneak up and do it quickly. We can't risk them using those potions. Perhaps we can use the potions to our advantage. What do you two suggest?"

(OOC If we attack the orcs, should I use daze or magic missile or do you guys think that would cause too much noise and attract attention?)

Aerlyn

First Post
Aerlyn whispers to Dravis and Caedren.

"We have to do something. I'm going up ahead. Be prepared to run if this doesn't work out."

Aerlyn quietly moves closer to the wall to a better vantage point beside a large tree. The recent dream is still vivid in her mind. She decides against waiting for Caedren and Dravis' plan of attack and takes things into her own hands. She turns towards Caedren and Dravis and signals for them to back her up. She then casts magic missile on the orc closest to the clay jugs, and prepares for the impact that her hasty decision will make.

GladiusNP

First Post
A rash decision proves fatal....?

Aerlyns' chant suddenly snaps across the silence, the last syllable fracturing the air. Dravis and Caedren break off their whispered conversation, looking up to see a bolt of silver flame take the standing orc square in the throat. He grasps at his gorget, the leather collar now buckled inward from the force of the spell. He falls to his knees, and lies in a still heap. The other orc looks at him, his jaw hanging open.

(Init - Aerlyn 19, Caedren 20, Dravis 10, Orc Sentry 5. This is actually what I rolled! Aerlyn did 4 dmge to the orc on the ground. You all get another action before the orc. Aerlyn, I decided you didn't move more than 5 feet, since you were in range. This is also why the boys didn't stop you.)

Ceadren

First Post
Watching what is left of the first orc collapse to the ground, Caedren quickly reaches over his shoulder and feels for two arrows. While nockng the arrows he keeps his sight fixed on the second orc. Bringing the bow up and drawing back at the same time, he peers down the top shaft, takes careful aim, and looses the arrows at the orcs open maw.

WraithSpawn

First Post
While Caedran takes aim, Dravis rushes forward with Drilk at his side towards the final orc. His spear is lowered as he charges quietly through the brush. Anger boils inside of him and his face is fixed in a grotesque death stare.

GladiusNP

First Post
Caedren's first arrow arcs through the air, clearly humming through the space next to Dravis. The orc is taken between the eyes, and slowly drops to his knees. Caedren's second arrow makes a resounding thud into the door, also arcing through on target, but the orc is no longer there. Dravis manages to halt his charge before he runs into the pile of jugs, but a wood-hen, disturbed by the druid's passage, takes flight. Squawking loudly, it spirals up into the skies, wings beating furiously. A loud, harsh shout is heard up on the walls, and a slightly more muffled reply is heard as well. Dravis presses himself up against the wall.

WraithSpawn

First Post
Dravis motions for Drilk to chase after the owl into the woods desperately hoping to dispell any suspicions the orcs' may have. He then prays, marks himself with his holy symbol, and waits quietly.

Last edited:

Ceadren

First Post
Caedren glares at the startled bird taking flight, making a mental note to ask Dravis or Aerlyn if they know any scrumptious Wood-Hen stews. In an attempt to give Dravis a chance of surviving if things go wrong, again, he makes his way to the tree line and readies another arrow. Positioning himself behind a thick tree he peers around scaning the battlements for any movement and occasionally eyeing the clay jugs to see if he can discern any new information about them.

(OOC- Are there any low branches I might be able to climb to get a better look of the top of the wall or even over it? Oh yeah do I still have that special sword made from antlers? If i do, did I ever fugure out what it was?)

Last edited:

Aerlyn

First Post
Aerlyn immediately ducks behind the nearest tree hoping they haven't been discovered. She pets Fallon trying to keep him calm and quiet, and motions for him to stay alert for anything suspicious. Peering around the tree keeping Caedren and Dravis in sight, Aerlyn readies her magic missile spell in case anything goes wrong.

Remove ads