D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

Thateous

Explorer
As the shark speeds off to make room for a third charge it suddenly begins to glow an eerie shade of purple as Luthor yells for everyone to fire at the easier target. Holy fire, icicles, crossbows, and even a lantern all find their marks. As the shark begins its charge again a stream of blood follows behind it.

OOC: 89 dmg to shark
PCs turn

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ramas magical powers are depleted, he breathes heavily as he musters on more plume of fire.

OOC: casting firebolt [roll0]
Damage[roll1]

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 5

Arjhan was ill-equipped for extended ranged combat. His crossbow might be slightly more effective -- if he could hit with it. He pulled it out, sighting down the length as the great shark approached for another ram at the ship. It was trailing blood now. That meant it was wounded, but could also bring other predators. Slowly he squeezed the trigger on the crossbow.

[sblock=Actions]
Action: Crossbow attack: 1D20+3 = [8]+3 = 11
Crossbow damage: 1D8+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Wow, that’s three 1s in a row on damage!
Move:
Concentration:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 19/19
AC: 16
Breath weapon (1/R)
Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/3): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Command, Cure Wounds, Healing Word, Shield of Faith
Channel Divinity (1/R)
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Thren once again attempts to shoot the crossbow.

At sea
21 Kythorn/Mid-day
Round 5

Arjhan was ill-equipped for extended ranged combat. His crossbow might be slightly more effective -- if he could hit with it. He pulled it out, sighting down the length as the great shark approached for another ram at the ship. It was trailing blood now. That meant it was wounded, but could also bring other predators. Slowly he squeezed the trigger on the crossbow.

OOC: You both get a re-roll: faerie fire gives advantage on all attacks. Go for it!

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Luthor attacks again with thunderous blast.

This time, it is maximized through power of the High Captain and hits the shark as...well...as storm lightning.

"This is my last! Hold tight!"

[sblock=Actions]
Action: maximized Thunderwave for 16 damage, CON save DC 14 to be pushed back 10'
Move: hold on
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Tarukka throws another ice knife at the beast, momentarily freezing the water around its head. Not wide and strong enough to stop the beast however. He braces for new impact.
"We cannot take more of these! I'm heading down to try and repair some damage if we start sinking! Sailors! Drop the boat atop that thing! It may go for it instead of the ship!"

[sblock=Actions]
Move: brace for impact
Action: Ice Knife with advantage; piercing damage; cold damage: 1D20+5 = [17]+5 = 22
1D20+5 = [3]+5 = 8
1D10 = [5] = 5
2D6 = [6, 1] = 7
- hit for 12 total
[/sblock]

OOC: how bad the shark looks? Does it look like we could stop it before it hits again? :)

Thateous

Explorer
As the shark charges back its once again peppered by ice, fire, and heavy crossbow bolts. Just when it seems as though nothing could stop this beasts charge Luthor unleashes a monsterous thunderwave that momentarily stops the ebb and flow of the ocean and for a long moment the shark disappears. A long minute passes before the shark is spotted belly up a few meters from the boat. A cheer erupts from the deck.

Remove ads