• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E A New Frontier [IC]

River Song

Explorer
"I...don't like...this place...."Thren stutters. "Did you know that in some cultures cats are the guardians of the underworld and prevent the dead from coming back. Yes, this place definitely needs a cat."

Humming happily to himself he ponders, "Wh...wha...what ..do we do...n-n-now?"

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony/Manor House
Morning
Round 0

Arjhan glanced around. It seemed the unseen undead had abandoned them. “Let us hope those are the only two spectral residents we encounter,” he commented. The girl Alice hadn’t been so bad. “But then Alice did mention her father… We should continue clearing this floor.” He looked around for the exits.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 26/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (1/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)*
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We clean it, one ghost at a time. We need to find out what keeps them here, these obviously aren't some random remains of necromancers guardians, but a family with tragic events ending their line. Once we resolve the mistery we can talk and hopefully permanently put them to rest." Luthor checks Thren and frowns
"This wound is spiritual more than physical. Not sure if I can heal it."

[roll0]

Last edited:

Thateous

Explorer
Luthor's assessment of the wound is correct. Thren's wound has weakened his spirit, if weakened enough he will die with no hope of returning to the land of the living.

As the party makes their way around the first floor your presence goes unnoticed. You pass through several rooms caked in a layer of dust and note that despite the dust, there doesn't appear to be any sign of struggle within he manor. Den, kitchen, dining room, living room, foyer, wash room, servant's quarters, and guest quarters are all in order. It's as if whatever tragic event took place here, froze it in time. The only place you haven't explored, is upstairs.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"No idea. I would wait until tomorrow. We risk the skeletons and the write reforming. But we can come better prepared. If waiting doesn't help we might get help in the city."

Last edited:

"It seems these undead could be hurt by normal weapons." Tarukka says as he checks his sword for damage. "We should keep going, if we wait they might come back and be ready for us next time. Thren, if the wound won't heal, you should keep back and support us from afar."

OOC: Sorry to disappear like that, I had a work related accident. I'm home recovering now. Thank you, [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] for taking over.

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
Jamestown Colony/Manor House
Morning
Round 0

Arjhan frowned as they all went around the lower floor of the manor. “Everything is...untouched. No sign of trouble. Did someone right the place after whatever happened? Dispose of the bodies?” He looked toward the stairs now that they had reached the foyer once more. Perhaps there was more up there.

“We will see if the library in town has anything about healing you, Thren,” Arjhan promised before heading up the stairs, glowing spear held before him, shield ready for trouble.

OOC: Hope you’re okay, [MENTION=87106]MetaVoid[/MENTION] Take it easy.

[sblock=Actions]
Action:
Move:
Bonus Action:
Free Object Interaction:
Concentration:
Conditions:
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ministats]
HP: 26/27
AC: 18 (chainmail, shield) 16 (without shield)
Spear: +7 1d6+5/P (2H: 1d8+5) Range 20/60
Greatclub: +7 1d8+5/B (2H)
Dagger: +7 1d4+5/P Range 20/60
Light Crossbow: +3 1d8+1/P Range 80/320
Breath weapon (1/R): 15’ cone Con DC 13 half poison
Spells: +5/DC 13

Cantrips: Guidance, Light, Sacred Flame, Thorn Whip
L1 (2/4): (Animal Friendship, Speak with Animals), Bless, Cure Wounds, Guiding Bolt, Healing Word
L2 (1/2): (Barkskin, Spike Growth), Prayer of Healing, Spiritual Weapon
Channel Divinity (1/R)*
Turn Undead
Charm Animals and Plants
[/sblock]

Remove ads