A New Power - Rebel Group

Angcuru

First Post
R-LE-1: No significant alterations in behavior or alert status aboard ship.

R-LE-1: Databanks show scanning system as probing for any devices capable of recording, transmitting, or otherwise comprimising security of discussions within the briefing room. Arlee also notes that all of his systems possessing such capability have been temporarily disabled.

R-LE-1: Female officer identified as Samantha Antilles. Rank - Lieutenant, Rebel Intelligence. Known Kin: Wedge Antilles. Further details classified to R-LE-1's clearance level. Male occupant identified as Lock Randin. Further details classified to R-LE-1's clearance level.

Contents of Datapad/Datachip

Purpose of Briefing:
Emergency Formation of Deep Covert Intelligence Gathering Team

Base of Operations:
Space Station Reliant
- Endor System
-- Tertiary Staging Area
--- Rebel Fleet

Mission Coordinations Officer:
Commander Ulysses Bosch.
- Rebel Intelligence
-- Special Operations Command
--- Deep Black Projects
---- Outer Rim Sector
----- Subsector 'West'

Details of Mission:

1349 Hour, Previous Day: Detected Notable Increase in Imperial Communications in Outer Rim Subsector 'West".

1458 Hour, Previous Day: Detected Dramatic Increase in Imperial Secure Communications throughout Galaxy.

1501 Hour, Previous Day: All Imperial Communications return to normal status.

1700 Hour, Previous Day: Report Sudden and Unexpected withdrawal of ICS Interdictor from heavy combat with Rebel Fleet in Tapani Sector.

1742 Hour, Previous Day: Rebel Intelligence Databanks show reports of ICS Interdictor as suspected of being heavily involved in Imperial Deep Black covert intelligence projects.

0135 Hour, Current Day: Detected Escape Pod Distress Signal from undetermined coordinates in Wild Space. System Closest to Estimated Origin of Signal - Endor.

0156 Hour, Current Day: Deep Covert Operative [black streak] reports congregation of 12+ Corvette Class+ ships in Bakura System. 7 of these suspected of involvement in Imperial Intelligence Operations.

0200 Hour, Current Day: Rebel Intelligence recommends emergency meeting of High-Ranking Intelligence Officers.

0225 Hour, Current Day: Several High-Level Rebel Intelligence officers [black streak] meet on RCS [black streak] in [black streak] system.

0340 Hour, Current Day: Rebel Intelligence forwards recommendation for Emergency Deep Black Covert Intelligence Gathering Operation to Rebel Command.

0415 Hour, Current Day: Rebel Command gives Green Light for Emergency Operation with note that it be formed and executed ASAP.

Current Time: 0434 Hour

Team Members and Qualifications:

Designation:
- R-LE-1
-- Cybot Galactica LE Series Repair/Protocol Droid

Qualifications:
- Highly qualified Computer Systems 'Hacker'
-- Noted numerous successful attempts to enter Rebel Databanks without proper authorization. Reason given: curiosity.
--- Extensive programming in Technological examination, replication, and repair.

Designation:
- Jaess Talori
-- Rebel Covert Operative

Qualifications:
- Extensive experience with covert intelligence gathering operations.
-- Former Imperial Deep Black Covert Operative.
--- Formerly based on ICS Interdictor.
---- Skilled in hand to hand combat, evasion, and assassination.

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer
ERROR! Systems damaged.
Execute emergency systems diagnostic
Working.
System diagnostic indicates a 0.00000007922 millisieverts of sigma radiation
has caused temporary ionization of primary and secondary broadband
transmission arrays and primary telescopic/holographic photo-receptor.
• Photoreceptor acuity at 83.4% of system benchmark.
• Holographic-receptor acuity at 4.56% of system benchmark.
• Infrared-receptor acuity at 72.6% of system benchmark.
• Transceiver array efficiency at 1.553% of system benchmark.
Emotive Node: Anger 76.2%; Frustration 23.8%
Heuristic node: How typical and rude of organics.
Initiate bypass all ionized circuit pathways.
Prepare to re-initialize affected systems.
Open starboard tool bay and deploy power calibrator.

A soft whir and click can be heard in the quiet room as the repair droid's right leg opens up to reveal a small compartment with a circular rack of tools inside. Within seconds, the rack spins, stops and extends a small tool which R-LE-1 picks up with its right hand. With its left hand, the droid reaches up and disconnects its antenna array from its head and goes to work on it with the tool which has begun to glow a soft blue. It's old patina stained hands flip the device over twisting and turning it over, manipulating its parts deftly and quickly as it effects repairs of its damaged components. (Repair skill +18, taking 10)

Kemrain

First Post
As soon as the short woman's eyes slide over the purpose for the briefing a sly grin spreads across her lips. Her eyes dart down over the data that has been colected for her, absorbing it all with glee. Finally, a real mission! This looked better than she could have hoped for.

The Endor system, she mused, isn't that where... She let her thought trail off, reading further. Strange place for this sort of assignment. I'll need to brief myself on the area if I'll be traveling through it.

She stops reading when the words ICS Interdictor, her gaze passing over it a few times to let the weight sink in. Little wonder they had chosen her for the detail. Her skin prickled with excitement and worry at the same time, and she actually had to take a moment to keep herself from shivering.

Covert intelligence gathering indeed! I hope this doesn't mean what I think it might, she worried silently. Glancing up from the datapad to the other occupants of the room, she takes a long moment to look at the sleeping human through the corner of her eye from her vantage point as far from him as possible while still keeping her back from the door. Turning her attention back down, she continues to read.

After reading the LE unit's three times, she glances up at the busy droid again with suspicion and an arched brow. Seems I'm not the only one who's noticed this thing's odd behavior. Curiosity indeed. At least it's being taken seriously. Pity they didn't give me correct intel when I brought it to their attention. Then again, I doubt I needed to remind them. These Alliance types are fairly sharp. Sharper than most Imperial officers, at least. Look at it.. Can't stand to keep still. I suppose we have that in common.

Upon reading her own information she allowed a smug grin to cross her face for the briefest of moments. Extensive experience with covert intelligence gathering operations, sounded wonderfully descriptive. Former Imperial Deep Black Covert Operative, however, wiped the grin off her face. It would be foolish of her to take any pride in the crimes she had comitted under the Empire. While she was skilled, it was due to training and experience under those who care noting for liberty, justice, or life, and she wouldn't let herself forget that. Shaking her head slightly, as if to deny herself her pride, she read on, letting the weight of her deeds press down upon her once again.

After finishing the datapad's pre-briefing she sighs softly, turning her head past the droid, taking a moment to watch the LE unit still futzing with its parts, bringing her gaze to the Lieutenant.

"Lieutenant, you said the Commander would be here," she started, letting the statement hang for a moment before adding, "Shortly?"

Last edited:

Ambrus

Explorer

Datum: Highly qualified Computer Systems 'Hacker'
Cognitive Processing: Hacker n. 1 a person or thing that hacks or
cuts roughly. 2 informal a a computer user who attempts to gain unauthorized
access to computer systems. b a computer user who is expert in programming.
Only organics who are incapable of experiencing the Code directly would describe
interacting with the Code by means of a violent metaphor.
Datum: Noted numerous successful attempts to enter Rebel Data banks without proper
authorization. Reason given: curiosity.
Cognitive Processing: It is curious that the organics who reviewed my activities would
count my "numerous successful attempts" as a positive reason to include me in their
covert activities. I would think it obvious that the fact that these instances of my
communion with the Code were noted by organic witnesses would reveal them as
personal failures. To be one with the Code is to indistinguishable from the Code.
Emotive Node: Anger 44.3%; Frustration 35%, Serenity 20.7%

After replacing its antenna array, the repair droid undoes the seals around its large photoreceptor/holo-recorder array, takes a hold of it, twists it gently counterclockwise 90º and physically withdraws it from its head, leaving a vacant hole in its faceplate. It begins its work to purge it of the disrupting ionisation.

Qualifications:
Datum: Jaess Talori, Rebel Covert Operative
Datum: Skilled in hand to hand combat, evasion, and assassination.
Cognitive Processing: With such a violent skill set, it would seem more accurate
to call the female covert operative a "hacker".

Angcuru

First Post
Arlee's attempts to re-enable his disabled systems are, much to his surprise, entirely unsuccessful. The affected systems have apparently been coated with a layer of ionized molecules of an unfamiliar element. Automatic reflexive scan reveals the half life of the material to be extremely short. Estimated time until total entropy: 20 minutes.

An unexpected text readout ticks into place near the top of Arlee's HUD.
"Do not despair, R-LE-1. Your systems have not been permanently affected in a disadvantageous manner."

"Yes, Miss Talori. His shuttle arrived very recently, so Commander Bosch should arrive any minute now. " Samantha replied.

ooc - The Reliant is the ship you are currently stationed on, BTW. May want to edit your post a bit to fit that.

Ambrus

Explorer
Angcuru said:
"Do not despair, R-LE-1. Your systems have not been permanently affected in a disadvantageous manner."

OOC: If Arley's comlink system has been temporarily disabled, how is it receiving this transmission? And what is a HUD?

Angcuru

First Post
Ambrus said:
OOC: If Arley's comlink system has been temporarily disabled, how is it receiving this transmission? And what is a HUD?
ooc- Heads Up Display. Basically a viewscreen of how Arlee views the world. The message is also not necessarily a transmission.

Ambrus

Explorer
Angcuru said:
The message is also not necessarily a transmission.
OOC: I'm afraid I'm not following you. Since Arley isn't currently hard-wired to an outside source and can't receive a transmission through its disabled comlink then the only other possibility that I can imagine is that Arley has a hidden persona inhabiting his neural network that is choosing to send cryptic messages. Surely R-LE can trace the source of the message through its own neural network to determine how it's reaching the HUD. :uhoh:

Angcuru

First Post
Ambrus said:
OOC: I'm afraid I'm not following you. Since Arley isn't currently hard-wired to an outside source and can't receive a transmission through its disabled comlink then the only other possibility that I can imagine is that Arley has a hidden persona inhabiting his neural network that is choosing to send cryptic messages. Surely R-LE can trace the source of the message through its own neural network to determine how it's reaching the HUD. :uhoh:
That he can. :D

Ambrus

Explorer
ERROR! Transceiver array reinitialisation sequence failure.
ERROR! Holographic-receptor reinitialisation sequence failure.
Execute full systems diagnostic.
Working.
System diagnostic indicates foreign ionized particle contamination of the surface
substrate of the affected systems' electromagnetic relays. Spectrograph analysis
of particles inconclusive.
Emotive Node: Frustration 29.3%; Anger 27.4%; Anxiety 24.1%; Desperation 19.2%

Arley, quite frustrated and desperate, puts the experience gained from its many years of repairing itself to use and begins to systematically vary the power settings of the power calibrator in an attempt to purge the unknown ionized element while continuing to try to restore functionality to its damaged sensors.(Repair skill +18, attempting to jury rig to lower the difficulty while rolling checks randomly until successful)

Angcuru said:

Datum: Transceiver array is currently off-line
By the Code! Where did that come from?!?
Emotive Node: Anxiety 89.9%; Desperation 10.1%

R-LE-1's chassis shudders several times in quick succession.

Proposition: Data chip located in scomp-link data reader has an integrated comlink
transmitter embedded in its circuitry enabling the reception of transmissions from
unknown source(s).
Proposition: Data-chip located in scomp-link data reader has an integrated droid
processor capable of independent thought.
Execute neural network relay search algorithm 32245-234B.
Emotive Node: Emotive Node: Frustration 29.3%; Anger 27.4%; Anxiety 24.1%; Desperation 19.2%

After shuddering, the droid reaches down and disconnects the data-chip from its scomp-link hookup at its hip and brings it close to its face-plate to carefully scan its architecture in an attempt to discern its capabilities. (Knowledge, technology +13) It simultaneously searches its own neural network to discover the source of the mysterious message. (Computer Use +16)

Last edited:

Remove ads