A New Power

Angcuru

First Post
Upon diagnosing the diagnostic computer for damage, Kia comes to the realization that whoever designed this ship didn't have planetary crashlandings in mind when he designed the shock buffer. As she has considerable experience with making repairs, she can tell that nothing is where it should be. If she were to try and attempt a repair on the diagnostic systems, she would need more reliable, and less dangerous light than that of her lightsaber.

Kia notices that the part of the control switch that feeds power to the lights on the ship has been damaged. A few quick wire splices have the switch up and running as it should, but the lights still do not turn on. A quick examination of nearby light panels and fixtures confirms her suspicions that the lights themselves have been damage. Repairable, but it would take quite a while to get all of the lights on the ship working. Kia surmises that it would likely take about ten minutes or so an average to fix each light...if she can find the proper materials.

Aasan's ventures prove a bit more fruitful. He finds that the ship has enough food stored away in various compartments and suchlike to feed a single person for four months, given proper rationing.

Last edited:

Super Girl

First Post
Kia groans when the lights fail to come back on after her efforts. Sighing, she starts the process of canabalizing every other light panel for the parts needed to fix the other glow panels. From her years of experience repairing things, especially the ship, she figured she could make things work with half-light, or even only a third. Worst comes to worst, and she would strip all but one light out of everywhere that wasn't essential. A single light in the galley, a single light in her cabin and the crew quarters, etc, to get the amount of light she needed elsewhere. She wondered if the Cockpitt was the only place without light at the moment, if any of the lights had survived intact, if they had, she could just switch them in immediately and save time.

"I have the power back up, but it looks like a lot of the glow panels themselves are broken, I'm gonna see if I can canabolize some to get the rest running. Are any actually working back where you are?" she calls out to her 'guest'.

After calling out to the Kel-Dor, she gets down to the repairing of the lights, wondering f she should close the hatch in case more of those dog things showed up, she decided against it, the ramp only opened so much, if she closed and opened it too much it might get stuck.

OOC: I think Kia would qualify as an expert in repairs. 5 ranks is considered the level of a professional, though a professional would most likely have 5 ranks in profession mechanic to give him a boost, as well as computers +5 for computer repairs(which she has), etc

Angcuru

First Post
OOC: Ah, right. Apparently when making that check I looked at your Ride score by mistake. :heh: The result is the same, though. Kia also surmises that to do what she has in mind will take two or three hours, scavenging included.

Super Girl

First Post
Angcuru said:
OOC: Ah, right. Apparently when making that check I looked at your Ride score by mistake. :heh: The result is the same, though. Kia also surmises that to do what she has in mind will take two or three hours, scavenging included.

OOC: Sounds good

Angcuru

First Post
After an hour or so of moving about the ship and trying to repair what light sources she can, Kia hears a series of odd sounds when she passes by the landing ramp. She hears what sounds like the ripping and tearing of flesh accompanied by frequent growling, barking, and yelping.

Super Girl

First Post
"Hey...uh...whoever you are, I think we have more of those dog things outside the ship. I don't think they'll be able to get on the ship, but I'd like you to cover me with that Carbine of yours while I check it out." Kia calls out to the Kel-Dor wanderer. She heads over to the ramp, and kneels down, to look out towards where she had killed the one animal, expecting to see it get torn to pieces by others. She doesn't get too close to the edge, and she has her blaster pistol in hand pointing down the ramp.

Angcuru

First Post
Kia looks out over the edge of the ramp and sees what has to be at least a dozen of those dog-things devouring the corpse of the one she had killed earlier. They can't have been at it for long, but the remains were near skeletal now. Now having a chance to look at them without worrying about her immediate survival, Kia sees that they are all gaunt, with barely any meat on them at all. She is shocked to see that they have already finished off the meat on the recently dead corpse, and now appeared to be attacking each other. The pack circled around the smallest of their number, slavering and growling, and then they all pounced at once. Within seconds it was torn apart, limb from limb, the pack feasting on it before it was even properly dead.

Super Girl

First Post
Kia watches in horror as the dog things tear ravanously into the dead, and then into their weaker members, it was horrific. The Force Sensitive girl could almost feel the teeth and claws of the dog things digging into her, though it was most likely only empathising and no force gift. She knew they would attack her given the chance, and she didn't want to give them that chance. Lying on her belly, Kia lines up a shot on the largest of the animals, taking the time to be sure of a hit. Just like her father had taught her, she pulled the blaster stud softly, sending out a glowing red line.

:OOC:
Spending 3 actions aiming
so +10(3d6-1) they lose dex because of a concealed attacker (outside 10 meters)
or
+11(3d6) they lose dex because of a concealed attacker

Angcuru

First Post
Kia took careful aim at her chosen target, and fired. Although her shot was well placed, the targeted dog-creature's constant movement from fighting over the scraps of meat on the corpse caused the shot to merely graze its shoulder, doing little more than singing some hair...and getting its attention.

Although the others take no notice, the one she had shot at ran from the cannibalistic feast to the landing ramp of the Dawnsprinter, trying to leap up and get at her, but it can do no more than claw harmlessly at the edge of the ramp.

Super Girl

First Post
97/100 shots

Kia growls in frustration at the glancing shot, she had hoped to do more. She flinches at the creatures darting attack, even if she was safe, it still was startling to say the least. She lines up on it again, this times, not bothering to aim as much, the entire pack was behind it, still feeding, so a miss might not miss entirely. She strokes the firing stud, again.

"We have a whole pack of those dog things out here, eating the dead one from earlier, and they just killed another of their own, I think we are going to have to deal with them if we ever want to go outside the ship to do external repairs and stuff." Kia calls out.

OOC: +6(3d6) damage

Remove ads