A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Vanishing cows from a locked room? Charming. Reminds me of a serial I read once. What was the inquisitive's name? Lomes? Shooms? Ah, yes. Shylock Homes. Murder in a locked den, I believe it was. If I recall, the butler did it... or was it the purple-haired cyclops? Damen rubs his chin thoughtfully, but adds nothing else.

Mewness

First Post
"Is that a book?" Papolstaanas asks. "That sounds interesting. I wonder where I can get a copy--all I have to read is this stupid Homilies of Azantia which is no fun at all! Anyway I don't think the butler could have done it in this case, do you, because Mister Shamus doesn't even have a butler probably. So that makes the purple-haired cyclops more likely, doesn't it? Do you think a cyclops could have psychic powers?"

[sblock=note for Tarkus, anyone else who knows about religion]Homilies of Azantia is an Allarian translation of a book that's fairly well known in the Imperium. Azantia was an ultra-conservative priestess of Erath (Juna) who wrote the tract to encourage girls to become good, obedient wives, and boys to be loyal to their mothers.[/sblock]

stonegod

Damen suppresses a roll of his eyes. A series of stories in The Screamer, dear kobold. I was making an allusion. Unlikely it was a psychic cyclops. Though I would pay good money to see one of those in a carnival, I'm sure.

Darksteed

First Post
*Kauldron quirks an eyebrow under his helm as Papolstaanas mentions the Homilies of Azantia. Looking over his shoulder at the kobold as he marches in front of the others.*

Lad are ya planning on becoming a house wife? Or yee just wanting to be mister goody two-shoes? If yee haven't stopped reading that book already. I'd say to yee to just put it down. It's for the best really.

*He smirks and turns to look forwards yet again*

So Mister Shamus. Exactly how far we gonna be marchin 'ere? Any dangerous terrain we needs to be worried about from 'ere to yee place? I ain't really from around 'ere, so wouldn't really know yee see.

renau1g

First Post
"Ah, it ain't too far, maybe 25 miles or so as the crow flies, but a bit longer navigating the forests. Not too tough to get to, heck, I got here ok" Shamus replies, smiling as he compares his own gear (next to nothing, just a waterskin) to the party's formidible weapons, implements, armour and other various magical gear.

Mewness

First Post
Lad are ya planning on becoming a house wife? Or yee just wanting to be mister goody two-shoes? If yee haven't stopped reading that book already. I'd say to yee to just put it down. It's for the best really.

"Oh, no, not that," says Papolstaanas with an embarrassed chuckle. "It's, um--it's just a stupid book. I, I don't even know why I have it, really. Mother sort of insisted."

stonegod

Damen rubs his head and sighs, then focuses on putting one step in front of another. This was going to be a long trip.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Do not mock the Homilies!" Tarkus raps out from the back of the column, his eyes burning holes in Kauldron's back. "Rustic they may be, but they contain much humble wisdom. Papolstaanas, your mother sounds like a right pious woman. You do well to honor her. Take that book to heart - it is good for the spirit." After a moment he smiles. "Or so I've been told. I've never been able to get past the first page myself. I always preferred Caius Generus's Art of Holy War."

[sblock=OOC]
You have no idea how much self-control it took not to write, "Stop dissin' ma Homilies!"
[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I've not been much for books, aside from this one anyway," Phoenix says, slight smile twitching as she reaches into her small backpack and pulls out a small red book embossed with glowing silver runes.

"My parents had dozens of books of all shapes and sizes. They were so proud, had more books than anyone else in town - and I read them all cover to cover when I was a little girl so they would be even more proud of me."
Her gaze goes distant, the smile fades, and she walks in silence for a minute. Finally, she shakes her head as if dispelling a bad dream.

"But that was many years ago," she says softly, her voice barely above a whisper. "Many years..."

renau1g

First Post
The group walks out of Daunton and towards Huntingdonshire, Kauldron marching boldly up front, with Tarkus just behind. Kaeysari and Papolstaanas keep an eye on the flanks towards the front, with Phoenix and Cyr between them. Damen watches their backs while Shamus tries to keep out of your way.

The day grows longer as you navigate the twisting, turning path that Shamus points out to you. The sun begins to set in the west and you still haven't made it to your destination.

[sblock=Damen/Cyr]
You have spotted some wolves hiding in the nearby brush, by your counts there's at least a dozen, maybe more pairs of eyes in the bush. You react quickly before they notice your caution.

ooc - i.e. you won Init. Map is here

http://i1222.photobucket.com/albums/dd486/renau1g/FourSeasons.png [/sblock]

Remove ads