A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"Alternatively, you could just go away for a day or two. By then, our business with this lady will be done and we need worry about getting in each other's way. I'm sure some people here don't want it to become violent - needless loss of life and whatnot," Phoenix smiles but there is flint in her eyes and magic laced in her words.

[sblock=Diplomacy 28]Diplomacy, using Arcana via Suggestion: 1d20+12=28.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Cyr interjects as the lady states her contract, his past experience with various demons and other outer planars, cautioning him: "No, we bind ourselves for no less then 24 hours AND no longer then 48 hours! Otherwise, I reject the contract immediately and call my companions to do the same!"

As the quintet lands and eladrin speaks, Cyr listens for traces of falsehood. He then advises the group
"Best to avoid fey politics if possible. We don't know what we're getting into and she lied right from the start by saying she's not expecting anyone."
Then to eladrin

"I will not let you torture her or do some other wile thing, but if she's fey lady as you impy is suspect you'll have your hands full even without our interferrence. And Lady Elerosse, you are NOT only one who knows the way back, so don't try to blackmail us. We will honor our agreement and serve you for a day, you will then give us the information about the portal. Best to keep it simple, right?"

Cyr moves slightly on the side, seemingly to get in view from behind Tarkus, in truth giving himself some space to act if needed.

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari tries her best to maintain an impassive facade, since she doesn't trust any of these people any farther than she can throw them. She's willing to play good soldier and let the more diplomatic types handle things for now.

JoeNotCharles

First Post
As the quintet lands and eladrin speaks, Cyr listens for traces of falsehood. He then advises the group
"Best to avoid fey politics if possible. We don't know what we're getting into and she lied right from the start by saying she's not expecting anyone."

"I fear I'm duty bound to get involved. If she is blameless I must defend her. Although if she lied to us, as you say, that's an argument that she's not blameless. Still, let's not do the prosecutors work for them - make your case, noble eladrin, and we'll decide whether to aid one side or wash our hands of the conflict!"

renau1g

First Post
The eladrin rolls his eyes at the human's words, "You have no power to judge anything in our world atani, you would be wise to head the ilfirin's words. We will not wait for the morrow, our Lord expects us this eve, we provide one further opportunity to remove yourselves from this conflict." the eladrin scoffs, the drakes bristle.

"I came upon a ring that was Lord Aramil's and he set a group of adventurer's on me to recover it, they were those I described to you earlier. They struck me down and while I was weakened reforming myself, Lord Aramil took my lands and I was helpless to stop him. I have yet to recover my full strength and could not stand against these hunters, else I'd make them pay myself" Lady Elerosse whispers.

[sblock=Elven]
atani is elvish for human and ilfirin is elven for immortal [/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
"Have you noticed you're outnumbered?" asks Tarkus. "Why take even a slight chance that we're more powerful than you judge? You were to send a message - it's done! She knows that you can find her. She knows that you could have beaten her had you wished to. You've proved your point. Go back to your Lord and tell him the message was received!"

[sblock=Diplomacy]
Diplomacy (1d20+10=24)
[/sblock]

Trying to reinforce the idea we're not just some random (im)mortals, Cyr changes his language to eladrin (though it may sound ancient even to them):
"You might reconsider, we just came from the desert and we killed a dragon, two arcanists with some dangerous pets, such as yours. You delivered your message and unless you have specific instructions how to do it, better go."

OOC: English is not my native so I won't even try to write renesanse or older english, let's just say he did (and I used the same in communication with old eladrin king in my last adventure, so it's already established) :) That's what you would expect from an immortal after all...

renau1g

First Post
The eladrin chuckles, "Oh, the message isn't for her, it's for the other Fey who might think of crossing Aramil. You see, we didn't come here to talk, we came for her. Her head shall make an excellent decoration for our Lord's home, and her limbs shall be sent to the far corners of Aramil's lands as a warning." The eladrin replies, then adds "I would hope you could at least count atani, there are eight of us, only seven of you, eight if you count the hag."

OOC: 3 eladrin, 5 drakes

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
"I'm with Cyr in rejecting your version of the terms. No more than 48 hours, in fact..." Phoenix says to the hag, her eyes narrowing.

She turns to the Eladrin, puts a hand on her hip suggestively and smiles. "I don't suppose your Lord Aramil might know where a portal to the material plane might be?"

Last edited:

Remove ads