A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

Darksteed

First Post
*After his momentary retreat to the back of the lines. Kauldron breathes heavily as he wipes off the remaining acid that soaked his suit of armor. He looks around the room as the fight continues onward. Reaching down into his box of cigars strapped to his leg, he removes another and sparks it up with a snap of his fingers. Taking a deep puffs, and exhaling a large cloud of smoke. He slips his helms visor back down and gets his mind back into the game. With a quick jolt of energy Kauldron dashes forwards past his comrades and to the far right. Weaving through the cavern to provide a greater flank. He charges a crawler that lay in wait around the corner. Slamming into it hard.*

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to D11

Standard: Charging Virtuous Strike
-Move: Charge to B9
-Target: Crawler 2 (A8)
-Attack: +12 vs. AC (Hit; 25)
-Damage: 1d8+6 RADIANT damage. (13 RADIANT damage)
-Effect: Kauldron gains a +2 bonus to saving throws until the start of his next turn.[/sblock]

[sblock=Kauldron] Goblin Tactics Trigger - Immediate Reaction to the First Enemy that misses Kauldron with a melee attack, shift 1 into a better flanking position.

Kauldron- Male Goblin Paladin 5
Passive Perception: 12, Passive Insight: 12

AC: 23, Fort: 18, Ref: 18, Will: 19
Vs. Opportunity Attacks - +2 bonus to All Defenses
Vs. Charm – +2 Item bonus to All Defenses
Vs. Fear – +2 Item bonus to All Defenses
Vs. Psychic - +2 Item bonus to All Defenses

Initiative: +4
Speed: 5

HP: 40/53, Temp HP: 0
Bloodied: 26, Surge Value: 13, Surges left: 9/12

Powers-
Divine Challenge
Enfeebling Strike
Goblin Tactics
Virtuous Strike

Action Point [ ] [ ]
Call to Challenge [ ]
Channel Divinity [ ]
Javelin [ ] [ ]
Second Wind [X]
Strength from Valor [ ]
Valorous Smite [ ]

Hallowed Circle [ ]
Lay on Hands [ ]
Majestic Halo [ ]
Dazzling Plate [ ]
Symbol of Brawn [ ]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Man, it's been too long off, I totally forgot my healing is a minor action - I can use Sacred Flame on the same turn! Except... crap, I can't see Papo right now, can I? So I'll have to save it for next turn.
[/sblock]

Tarkus moves forward to stand in the place Damen vacated. He squints at the cloud of darkness. "Well, Papo, wherever you are in there, be healed! I'm sure my Lady can see you where I cannot!" Sure enough, rays of silver light briefly escape the cloud.

Satisfied, he wheels on the Ghoul and fixes it with a steely gaze. "And you - DON'T DO THAT AGAIN!"

The undead seems unimpressed.

[sblock=Actions]
Move: to E10
Minor: Healing Word on Papo (1d6+4=8). Papo heals HS+8, and gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the next attack made against them before the end of my next turn.
Standard: Gaze of Defiance on Ghoul (1d20+6=9, 1d8+5=9) Miss.
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:16 Insight: 20
AC: 18 Fort: 15 Ref: 14 Will: 19
HP: 27/36 Surges: 8/9 Surge Value: 9 AP: 1
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:18 Cha:14

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Astral Flare
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Font of Tears
Bless
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience
Hero's Chainmail
Ornament of Alertness
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas is going to second wind, but I still need clarification on whether he's immobilized (Ben pointed out that the attack that supposedly immobilized Kaeysari seems to have been on Papolstaanas?).

At any rate, Papolstaanas heals to 21, then takes (5-3=2) acid damage, then second winds with cloak of the walking wounded to spend two more surges, leaving him at 45 hp with 8 surges left. If he's not immobilized, he'll crawl to F8 and try to hide.

Papolstaanas hide check
12(1d20) +12 = 24

Papolstaanas save vs ongoing acid
5(1d20) +2 = 7
failure[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]Papolstaanas is going to second wind, but I still need clarification on whether he's immobilized (Ben pointed out that the attack that supposedly immobilized Kaeysari seems to have been on Papolstaanas?).

At any rate, Papolstaanas heals to 21, then takes (5-3=2) acid damage, then second winds with cloak of the walking wounded to spend two more surges, leaving him at 45 hp with 8 surges left. If he's not immobilized, he'll crawl to F8 and try to hide.

Papolstaanas hide check
12(1d20) +12 = 24

Papolstaanas save vs ongoing acid
5(1d20) +2 = 7
failure[/sblock]

OOC: Yes, he's immobilized, it was supposed to be on him, typo'd in IC roller. Sorry Mewness et all for the confusion.

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: So, we've been on hiatus for roughly 2.5 months. @renau1g , what would be your honest assessment of the likelihood of this adventure getting moving again in the next week or so? As is, we're earning passive time xp and gp, but I'd rather be playing WoW than "playing" Adventure Quest :p.

RL seems to be pretty consuming for you at the moment and, of course, RL > Internets, but is it time to end the adventure?

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
OOC: Well, whatever happens, I'd like to play Phoenix. I'm going on vacation with no internets from Friday until Sunday sometime. Hopefully there will be some sort of resolution before then, if not, I'll see if we can't get some sort of judge in to resolve the adventure, one way or another.

Who knows, maybe renau1g will be back by then - that would be my preference since he's an excellent DM, but I'd rather play with any* DM than not play with a great one.

*Caveat: this is slight hyperbole since I've heard of some DMs so bad that you'd rather not play then play with them, but you get the gist.

Remove ads