A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

renau1g

First Post
OOC: [MENTION=14889]Mewness[/MENTION] - I had a typo in the attack line, it was supposed to be against Papo, not Kaey. The fluff was right in the post, but apparently I forgot to change the attack line. Again, sorry all. On the plus side, one of my LEB games just wrapped up (after 2 years) so that should free up some time :)

OOC: What are the greyed-out things on the map? Is that open floor or?

OOC: Open floor, just used Paint to modify the map, I lost all my Maptools assets so I still have to rebuild my file, but this was easier for me in the short term

OOC: Wait, so was Kaeysari hit only once, then? You've still got her in status at full HP.

OOC: Yes, only hit once

[sblock=r1]Kauldron is in square H14 currently. He went behind the lines to recuperate and why does he only have 20 HP?

First round he took 42 (21 + 21) damage. 11/53
On his turn he takes 2 ongoing acid damage. 9/53
He retreats and uses second wind, regaining 13 hp. 22/53
On Tarkus's turn during that same round, Tarkus uses a healing word on Kauldorn. Rolls a 1 adds +4 + Kauldron's healing surge value of 13. So Kauldron regains 18 hp. 40/53

He didn't get hit this last round of creature attacks.

Not upset or anything. Just curious if I overlooked something is all. Want to be on par with my own number blocks as well. :) [/sblock]

OOC: Error on my part, I missed a few things on the updated status', I'll edit now. Sorry all :blush:

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
Seeing Papo go down, Phoenix snarls and rushes forward, fire exploding into the undead near the fallen kobold.

OOC: I attacked the bloodhulk and ghoul's reflex last round, so I think they're unlocked now. Also, isn't this fight a milestone? Been a while, but I think it is.

[sblock=Actions]Move: Move to I9.
Standard: Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation(burst 1 in 10) centered on E5
*Attack 1: 1d20+11=13 Reflex vs Ghoul(14 if it's bloodied)
*Attack 2: 1d20+11=23 Reflex vs Bloodhulk 2(24 if it's bloodied).
*Damage: If hit, the targets take 1d6+11=13 fire damage and are knocked prone.
*Effect: Any creature that enters or starts in the burst takes 2 fire damage until the end of Phoenix's next turn.
If the ghoul and bloodhulk are both still up: AP: Freezing Burst(burst 1 in 10), centered on E5
*Attack 1: 1d20+11=27 Reflex vs Ghoul(28 if it's bloodied)
*Attack 2: 1d20+11=16 Reflex vs Bloodhulk 2(17 if it's bloodied).
*Damage: If hit, the targets take 1d6+11=13 fire damage and slide west 1.
Minor: -

Immediate Interrupt: If a non-minion hits Phoenix's AC or Reflex and would miss if it were 4 higher, Phoenix triggers Shield, gaining +4 AC/Ref TenT.
Immediate Reaction: If an enemy within 10 hits Phoenix, she triggers Infernal Wrath, dealing 1d6+6 fire damage to the enemy.

[sblock=Phoenix's Statblock]Phoenix, Female Tiefling Mage 5
Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 18
AC: 18, Fort:17, Reflex: 20, Will:18, Resist Fire 7 -- Speed:6
HP:5+39/40, Bloodied:20, Surge Value:10, Surges left:7/8
Initiative +3, Action Points: 1?
MBA: +7 AC, 1d4+4 fire damage. RBA: Range 20, 8 fire damage.

Powers: Magic Missile, Freezing Burst, Arc Lightning, Infernal Wrath, Orbmaster's Incendiary Detonation, Color Spray, Shield, Spidersilk Mantle, Second Wind, Flaming Sphere, Stinking Cloud, Flaming Dagger

Notes: *Phoenix does not provoke OAs for Ranged or Area attacks. Phoenix's attacks ignore fire resistance. *Phoenix gains +1 to hit against bloodied foes.[/sblock][/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
OOC: Ah, good point on the reflexes. Yes, you did reach a milestone too. Fought the fey already and then the skill challenge. I always forget SC's in the milestone equation.

Reflex is 14 on the Ghoul and the Blood Hulk's are 19, they're like the fast zombies from 28 days later :)

BenBrown

First Post
OOC: Thanks for clearing up the confusion. Glad this is going again

"Ow," Kaeysari says. She glares at the hulk. "Your turn."
Apparently thrusting wildly, she jabs her glaive out at the hulk in a series of near misses, pulling it off balance. As it tumbles towards her, she swings at its legs, cutting it and sending it tumbling at her feet as she jumps back out of the way. Standing between Phoenix and the monster, she readies herself for its next move.[sblock=actions]
I'm still a bit confused about the status block. You say that Kaeysari is immobilized in the enemy actions, but I think that's on an attack that should apply to Papolstaanas. Assuming Kaeysari isn't immobilized:

Standard: Footwork Lure vs. Bloodhulk 3: 19(1d20) +11 = 30. Crit since I resisted the darkness. Footwork Lure (Crit) damage: 3(1d6) +15 = 18, the hulk is slid to K8, falls prone, and is marked. Kaeysari shifts to J9.
Move: Shift to I9.

If she is, in fact, immobilized, I will retcon.[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 5
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
+2 to all defenses against opportunity attacks
Any critical hit that hits Kaeysari has a 25% chance of being converted to a normal hit instead.

:bmelee: +11 vs. AC, 2d4+7 damage
+3 to opportunity attacks.
If any adjacent enemy marked by Kayesari shifts or makes an attack that does not include her, she may make a melee basic attack against that enemy.

HP:32/52, Bloodied:26, Surge Value:13, Surges left:9/10
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Cleave, Footwork Lure
Covering Attack, Dance of Steel, Longtooth Shifting, Healer's Gift
Villain's Menace, Crashing Assault, Healing Word
Staggering Glaive (Daily)[/sblock]

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]
Tarkus are you going to get Papo back on his feet? Or should I do it with Lay on Hands?

How about you heal him and then I try to grant him an extra save?

Unless you have an attack you want to get off this turn, and can't fit lay on hands into your actions. In that case I can just heal him.
[/sblock]

JoeNotCharles

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]
You should go first, so that if something unexpected happens to block your Lay On Hands I can change tactics and heal him afterward.
[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Tactics]That was me, not [MENTION=85506]Darksteed[/MENTION]. He'd also have to get into the dark area where he could not see Papo (though Damen could assist if r1 is fine w/ that). Healing Word doesn't require sight.[/sblock]

Darksteed

First Post
[sblock=Tactics]Just so you know Phoenix and Kaeysari are both standing in the same square I9.

Hmm I think it would be best of Tarkus healed Papo. I had forgotten he was in the cloud of darkness. It will also take Kauldron a double move to get to Papo and then use his Lay on Hands. Not that I mind but I think it will be better if Tarkus just used his minor to get him back up.[/sblock]

Remove ads