A Night at the Four Seasons (DM: renau1g, Judge:Ozymandias79)

JoeNotCharles

First Post
Before Tarkus has reacted, the slaughter is half over. A half dozen of the wolves lie dead, but his allies are torn and bleeding. Cursing his self-doubt, he raises his holy symbol. "Paladin! Truly the Gods witness your self-sacrifice this day. In the name of Juna, be healed!" There is a flash of silver light, and Kauldron's wounds begin to close.

He turns to where Papolstaanas is likewise embattled. "Never fear, little warrior! The gods will protect one as pious as you. Here's a trick I learned from a priest of Vulkar while on campaign!" He sketches a complex rune in the air, glowing silver lines trailing from his finger. The rune expands and fades, and a feeling of warmth spreads through Papolstaanas and his allies.

Tarkus pivots again to see a crouching wolf snarlking at the lightly armoured mage and invoker. He thrusts his Holy Symbol at it and yells, "Get away from them! In Juna's name, in defense of the weak, I strike you down!" Silver flames erupt from the twin pans of his scales of justice, mirrored by flames erupting from the ground. But at the last moment one of the larger wolves lunges at him from behind - it pulls up without attacking, but Tarkus has already been thrown off balance and his flames appear a few feet away from the wolf.

The priest spins around to face the wolf, and snarls, "Back off! These are MEN you face, not prey!" The wolf is unimpressed. However, even as he turns, Tarkus makes the symbol of Justice in front of his chest - fist formed into a palm with little finger and thumb extended - and his armour glows with a holy light. The glow fades but Pheonix suddenly feels rested and at peace.

[sblock=ooc]
Minor: Healing Word on Kauldron, who regains 20 hp (healing surge+9) and gains a +2 power bonus to all defenses against the next attack made against him until the end of my next turn (Healing Word on Kauldron (1d6+4=9))

Minor: Rune of Mending on Papolstaanas, who regains 15 hp (healing surge+4) (Rune of Mending on Papolstaanas (1d6+2=4)). Using the Rune of Defense version, so me and all allies within 5 squares (that's everyone except Damen) get +1 to all defenses until end of my next turn. Note that's an untyped bonus, so it stacks with Kauldron's +2.

Standard: Sacred Flame at Wolf 13 at Q7: miss (Sacred Flame on Wolf 13 (1d20+6=9, 1d6+5=8)). That provokes OA's if any of the wolves want to brave Divine Sanction.

Spend an Action Point, use the Healer's Armor power to let Phoenix use Second Wind as a free action (regains 9 hp and +2 to all defenses until end of next turn - that's also untyped, so it stacks with the +1 from Rune of Mending)

Standard: Gaze of Defiance at BW4: miss (Gaze of Defiance at Big Wolf 4 (1d20+6=15, 1d8+5=10))
[/sblock]

[sblock=L4W Tarkus the Crusader]
Init: +0 Speed: 5 Perception:15 Insight: 20
AC: 18 Fort: 14 Ref: 13 Will: 18
HP: 27/31 Surges: 9/9 Surge Value: 7 AP: 0
Str:13 Con:14 Dex:8 Int:13 Wis:18 Cha:14

Powers:
Gaze of Defiance
Astral Seal
Sacred Flame
Second Wind
Exacting Utterance
Channel Divinity: Divine Fortune
Channel Divinity: Healer's Mercy
Healing Word
Healing Word
Font of Tears
Angelic Witnesses
Rune of Mending
Symbol of Resilience
Hero's Chainmail
[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
As the wolves knock him down again, Papolstaanas struggles to clear the fog from his mind. Why did he have so much to drink just before setting out on an adventure? That's it, of course--he wasn't planning on setting out on one at all, was he, because the spirits have deserted him.

So what on earth is he doing here?

"Help," Papolstaanas whispers, but of course he hears no response. There has been no response for many days. He considers shouting the word--however embarrassing it might be to let his companions know that he isn't meant to be here, that his agreeing to come along was a stupid drunken mistake, and anyway they'll get along better without someone like him, who is just an ordinary kobold with no spirit friends who is going to get himself killed.

Papolstaanas struggles to his feet and tries to get away. He hears Tarkus shouting something encouraging and wonders why he would bother. It's not like Papolstaanas is doing anything useful. It's not like he can just concentrate and destroy things with columns of light, like Cyr. Wouldn't it be nice if he could just look at the wolves and think really hard and--

The wind suddenly stirs, forming a miniature whirling storm around a group of wolves, scattering them, and dashing one's head against a sharp rock.

Papolstaanas stares stupidly at the wind-blown undergrowth, wondering what just happened.

[sblock=actions]Move: stand up.

Minor: shifty--shift to N7.

Standard: concussive spike vs AC on W3 (I think it's still alive?); blast includes W6 and W5. 1d20+8=27 hit, W3 dies. W6 is pushed to L10, W5 is pushed to L11.[/sblock]
[sblock=Papolstaanas]Papolstaanas Male Kobold Battlemind 3
Initiative: +5
Passive Perception: 11; Passive Insight: 11; Senses: Normal
AC:20, Fort:15, Reflex:16, Will:14
+2 defenses against traps
HP: 38/45, Bloodied:22, Surge Value:11, Surges left: 13/13
Action Points: 1
Shifty
Concussive Spike
Conductive Defense
Lodestone Lure
Battlemind’s Demand

Psychokinetic Scimitar Ranged Basic Attack
Second Wind

Oaken Resilience
Aspect of Bitter Ice

Persistent Harrier (immediate reaction): The first time during an encounter that P. is hit or missed with an attack, he can melee attack the triggering enemy, even if it is out of melee range (+8 vs AC, 1d8+5 damage). He teleports to a square adjacent to the enemy if he hits.

Blurred Step (special free action 1/turn): If an adjacent enemy marked by P. shifts, P. can shift 1 square in response.

Mind Spike (immediate reaction): If an adjacent enemy marked by P. deals damage to an ally with an attack that doesn’t include P., that enemy takes force and psychic damage equal to the amount its attack dealt to the ally.

Melee basic attack: +6 vs. AC, 1d8+3 damage.

Power Points: 4/4

Conditions:

Full sheet: Papolstaanas[/sblock]

BenBrown

First Post
Kaeysari grumbles as she returns to her feet and quickly dispatches two more wolves.

[sblock=actions]Move: stand up.
Standard: Cleave vs. Wolf 18: 1d20+10=28, cleave effect on Wolf 17. Both dead.[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:24/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
+2 to saving throws against poison or effects that render Kaeysari weakened, slowed, or immobilized.
Powers: Cleave, Footwork Lure, Pass Forward, Covering Attack, Dance of Steel, Longtooth Shifting, Villain's Menace, Healing Word Staggering Glaive (Daily)[/sblock]

Iron Sky

Procedurally Generated
[sblock=OOC]
The wolf's stood and used their Shifting Bite, shift 1 before or after move. They did take the 2 fire damage.
Will is 16 for BW & 15 for W, so W13 is dead. ALso with Infernal Wrath + Damen's shot, the BW that is next to Phoenix (BW5) is dead. It had 4 hp after Damen's attack. [/sblock]

OOC: And wait, wasn't the other wolf sanctioned too? As is, looks like I used Color Spray on 1 minion, if the wolf that attacked Phoenix was sanctioned as well (it says marked in its attack) then I just used Color spray on... nothing.

Any chance I could retcon so I'm not using an encounter on 1 minion or nothing at all?

Cyr reaches deep into Astral Sea and time and trees are made to think that the autumn is already here. Sudden deluge of leaves falls down, each empowered by the radiant fire.

For some reason, most of it falls onto one of the dire wolves, while another remains unskatched. The wolf nearby is burned by passing leaves and drops down.

HE turns to Shaemus
"Don't worry my good man, this is just a hitch on the road. Forests are dangerous places."
[sblock=Actions]
Standard: center on M8Falling Leaves vs Ref (BW1; BW4; w10); radiant damage (1d20+8+1=29, 1d20+8+1=11, 1d20+8+1=22, 2d8+5=13) - CRIT for 21 + Critical extra (1d6=2)

if the target ends it's next turn adjacent to an ally it takes 5 radiant damage
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
OOC: And wait, wasn't the other wolf sanctioned too? As is, looks like I used Color Spray on 1 minion, if the wolf that attacked Phoenix was sanctioned as well (it says marked in its attack) then I just used Color spray on... nothing.

Any chance I could retcon so I'm not using an encounter on 1 minion or nothing at all?

[sblock=ooc]
That was an error on my part, it was outside the area of effect. Just a function of rolling all minions attacks at the same time (hitting the back button to save time :)) But yes, you can retcon if you'd like. I'm sure you wouldn't pop off a huge blast like that for a minion ;) [/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
I edited the map to clean up all the corpses. Only 4 enemies left. Too bad [/sblock]

Phoenix's fiery rebuke and Damen's crossbow spell the end for one of the large wolves.

Tarkus' words rouse his allies and help recover their strength.

The kobold sends his foes flying back down the path.

Kaeysari continues to down the wolves by the pair.

Cyr's divine powers continue to slam into the would-be ambushers.

The lone wolf near Phoenix turns tail and runs after seeing his larger brethren fall.

The remaining smaller wolves charge the goblin, looking to protect their pack leaders. The duo slam into the paladin and send him to the dirt.

The large wolf's continues to assault Kauldron, taking advantage of his prone form one manages a bite that finds a soft spot in the armour.

[sblock=Enemy Actions]
W13, double run (draws OA from Phoenix) to the east - currently no LOS/LOE and its in S27 (well off map)

W5 & 6 charge Kauldron (moving first) - charge on Kauldron (1d20+10+2=31, 1d20+10+2=25) two hits, even with the buffs, for 11 damage + prone

BW1 & 4 attack kauldron - bite on Kauldron (1d20+11+2=29, 2d8+7=11, 1d20+11+2=21, 2d8+7=17) 1 hit for 11 more. BW1 shifts to M5 to avoid more radiant damage.

[/sblock]

[sblock=Unlocked Stats]
W's: 16 AC; ??/16/?? F/R/W
BW: 19 AC; ??/17/16 F/R/W
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
W's: 1/1 hp
BW1: -35/67 hp, bloodied, target ends it's next turn adjacent to an ally it takes 5 radiant damage
BW4: -26/67 hp <- I had screwed up BW4 & 5 last time...sorry, this large combat's confusing me, I guess I'm no Mal or Iron Sky.
BW5: -13hp, dead

*Everyone but Damen gets +1 defenses TENT
Damen Bane: 49/49 hp, 7/7 surges, used 1 AP
Kaeysari: 24/46 hp, 10/10 surges,
Kauldron: 11/47 hp, 11/12 surges, prone, bloodied
Cyr Iannes: 34/34 hp, 7/7 surges
Phoenix: 31/36 hp, 7/8 surges, +2 defenses TSNT, used 2nd wind
Papolstaanas: 38/45 hp, 12/13 surges,
Tarkus the Crusader: 27/31 hp, 9/9 surges, +5 AC TENT, prone

Init: Everyone but Tarkus...
kaul; kaey; tarkus; phoen; papo; cyr; damen; wolves (1d20+4=17, 1d20+4=24, 1d20=1, 1d20+3=17, 1d20+5=25, 1d20+9=13, 1d20+12=29, 1d20+7=12)
[/sblock]

[sblock=Features of Area]
Undergrowth: Thick stands of creepers, vines, and saplings are difficult terrain.

Trees: Close-growing conifers rise along both sides of the road. They grant total concealment. It takes a DC 10 Athletics check to enter the trees, and
they are difficult terrain.
[/sblock][/QUOTE]

Attachments

• Four Seasons.jpg
    Four Seasons.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 81

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Damen slides up next to Shamus, idly cocking his crossbow with a twist of the wrist. He bows to the man and the lady. Let me get this While the wolf attacking Tarkus is distracted, he fires another bolt. It hits the wolf dead between the eyes. As he bows again to the lady and gent, he makes an idle gesture with his hand. When nothing happens, his smile falters a bit, but then recovers nicely. As you please.[sblock=OOC]Move using Ambush Trick. Gain CA vs BW1 and use Backstab: Hit and kill (35 hp) BW1. Minor to Darkfire BW4: Miss (ref 16).[/sblock][sblock=Damen]Damen Bane—Male Drow Thief 6
Initiative: +12, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 13
AC: 21, Fort: 16, Reflex: 22 Will: 19 — Speed: 6
HP: 49/49, Bloodied: 24, Surge: 12, Surges left: 7/7
Action Points: 1/1, Second Wind: Not Used, Milestones: 0
Powers -
Ambush Trick
Feinting Trick
Sneak's Trick

Agile Footwork
Backstab x2
Cloud of Darkness/Darkfire

Cunning Escape
Slip Aside

Shadowdance Armor +1 (daily)
Boltshard Hand Crossbow +2 (daily)
2 Healing Potions

Damen Bane - PC:Damen Bane (stonegod) - L4W Wiki[/sblock]

Last edited:

BenBrown

First Post
"Keep on the big one," Kaeysari says. "I've got the others."
She scoots over behind Kauldron, and reaches her glaive past him, unfortunately missing the beast.
"Blast!" she yells.[sblock=actions]move=to N8
standard=Cleave vs. Wolf 6: 1d20+10=13. Miss, but wolf 6 is marked by Kaeysari.[/sblock][sblock=Kaeysari stat block]Kaeysari Female Longtooth Shifter Fighter 4
Initiative: +4, Passive Perception: 20, Passive Insight: 15, Senses: Low-light
AC:21, Fort:19, Reflex:16, Will:16
HP:24/46, Bloodied:23, Surge Value:11, Surges left:10/10
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
+2 to saving throws against poison or effects that render Kaeysari weakened, slowed, or immobilized.
Powers: Cleave, Footwork Lure, Pass Forward, Covering Attack, Dance of Steel, Longtooth Shifting, Villain's Menace, Healing Word Staggering Glaive (Daily)[/sblock]

Remove ads