A paid Trip to Spellhold [RG, D&D4e]

"This world is choked with evil. I will forge my own destiny."

[sblock=Asterion's Tale]Asterion never knew his parents, nor another of his kind. As a child, when the horns on his head were still prepubescent stumps, the young minotaur was kidnapped and sold into indentured servitude aboard a wealthy nobleman's sailing vessel. The nobleman's servants raised Asterion into adulthood, and the minotaur eventually grew into a strong bull, hulking and tough from the years of manual labor he was subject to. His master was not a kind one, but Asterion was generally treated fairly. He never tried to escape or fight back; instead, he worked hard, trying perhaps to convince his master of his worth as a person.

One day, however, everything changed for Asterion. The nobleman's ship was hijacked by the dread captain Kumar, and Asterion's master was murdered by the pirate-king himself. The master's family was slaughtered by Kumar's crew, and the ship was looted of all goods. The servants, including Aterion, however, were loaded onto Kumar's ship to be taken to the Dragon Coast and sold into slavery.

Asterion accepted this turn of events, hoping that perhaps his new masters would eventually free him. He was forced to clean up on the ship and to carry their often heavy freight. This never fazed Asterion. One morning, while the sun rose over the bluish-gray horizon, one of the old deckhands called out to Asterion. This old pirate was named Boulder, a towering (but ancient) goliath brigand. Boulder, seeing Asterion's physical strength in action, brought him below deck to the moveable forge that Boulder often worked at as the ship's only blacksmith.

Eventually, Asterion's apprenticeship was completed, and instead of being sold into slavery, he took over Boulder's forge and hammer and became a member of the Iron Fang crew. Asterion quickly surpassed his tutor in every way, becoming an innovative and careful weaponmaster. He even forged a beautiful cutlass for Captain Kumar himself.

Asterion worked silently at the forge for several years, never participating in the violent excursions of the ship - instead solemnly standing at his anvil, hammer in hand, pounding and folding plates of metal into sharp and resilient blades and suits of armor.

One day, the pirates had begun to lay siege to a quiet coastal village, and through the window in the hull of the ship, Asterion watched as the brigands plundered the town. He watched impassively as Kumar himself beheaded prisoners and set fire to the houses of the town. Asterion knew that this violence could no longer stand. He knew that to stand by and do nothing while these criminals raped and murdered was cowardly and weak.

Asterion stood at his anvil, gripping his forge-hammer tight. He set about making the strongest set of armor he'd yet crafted. His hammer swung with the might of someone who had seen injustice, and after years of watching, had seen that the time had come to stand up - to punish evil. But something else rang out in the din of the forge that day - a divine light that radiated each time the hammer struck metal - a light that gave Asterion courage to face evil.

Soon, after the halls of the forge had stopped echoing with the powerful blows of his hammer, Asterion hid away a suit of heavy protective armor and a light shield with an insignia of a bull's head. He grasped his forge-hammer tightly in his hand and waited until it was his time to strike, for he knew that in time, he could fold the way of the world as easily as he had folded those metal plates.[/sblock]

[sblock=Asterion Character Sheet]Asterion, level 3
Minotaur, Runepriest
Runic Artistry: Wrathful Hammer
Background: Silenced Beast

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 19, Con 19, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 16, Dex 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 10.

AC: 23 Fort: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 46 Surges: 12 Surge Value: 11

ATTACK BONUS
+10
DAMAGE BONUS
+5

TRAINED SKILLS
Religion, Insight (+2), Heal, Athletics

NOTABLE UNTRAINED SKILLS
Nature (+2), Perception (+2)

FEATS
Level 1: Weapon Expertise: Hammer (Warhammer)
Level 2: Armor Proficiency: Plate
Level 4: Shield Proficiency: Heavy

POWERS
Minotaur At-Will: Ferocity
Runepriest At-Will: Word of Diminishment
Runepriest At-Will: Word of Shielding

Minotaur Encounter: Goring Charge
Runepriest Class Encounter: Rune of Mending (x2)
Runepriest Encounter 1: Flames of Purity
Runepriest Encounter 3: Word of the Blinding Shield

Runepriest Daily 1: Rune of the Unreliable Dawn

Runepriest Utility 2: Shield of Sacrifice

ITEMS
Adventurer's Kit, 2 Potion of Healing
Boulder's Hammer - (Lullaby, Lvl. 4, +1)
Boulder's Armor - (Sacrifice, Lvl. 5, +1)
Boulder's Shielf - (Heavy, Lvl. 5)
Level 1 Amulet of Protection (+1)
Level 2 Immunizing Plate Armor (+1)
Level 3 Quick Warhammer (+1)
380 gp[/sblock]

[sblock=Asterion Quick Reference]
HP: 46/46 Surges: 12/12
AC: 23 Fort: 17 Ref: 15 Will: 16
[sblock=Powers]
Ferocity
Word of Shielding
Word of Diminishment

Goring Charge
Rune of Mending (2/2)
Flames of Purity
Word of the Blinding Shield

Rune of the Unreliable Dawn
Shield of Sacrifice
Battleforged Shield (Item)
Lullaby Hammer (Item)
Armor of Sacrifice (Item)
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Pyrex

First Post
Lochlan Rayner, Bounty Hunter. (Human Seeker 3)

[sblock=Character Summary]
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Lochlan Rayner, level 4
Human, Seeker
Seeker's Bond: Spiritbond
Background: Baldur's Gate (Baldur's Gate Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 19, Cha 14.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 14, Con 10, Dex 13, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 16 Reflex: 17 Will: 19
HP: 37 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 9

TRAINED SKILLS
Athletics +9, Nature +11, Perception +11, Insight +11, Streetwise +11, Bluff +9

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Arcana +1, Diplomacy +4, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +2, Heal +6, History +1, Intimidate +4, Religion +1, Stealth +4, Thievery +4

FEATS
Human: Bola Training
Level 1: Weapon Expertise (Flail)
Level 2: Skill Training (Bluff)
Level 4: Distant Advantage

POWERS
Bonus At-Will Power: Elemental Spirits
Seeker at-will 1: Grappling Spirits
Seeker at-will 1: Biting Swarm
Seeker encounter 1: Possessing Spirits
Seeker daily 1: Storm of Spirit Shards
Seeker utility 2: Stag's Grace
Seeker encounter 3: Escaping Shot

ITEMS
Distance Bola +1, Feyleaf Sandals (heroic tier), Adventurer's Kit, Climber's Kit, Potion of Healing (heroic tier) (2), Ritual Book, Verve Leather Armor +1, Bracers of the Perfect Shot (heroic tier), Cape of the Mountebank +1
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Never knowing his mother, Lochlan was raised by his father Rupert in the streets & surrounding countryside of Baldur's Gate.

Needing the help, Rupert trained him to help with his business. Namely, a hired nose to be stuck into other people's business.

Rupert had a knack for finding things. People, objects, information; doesn't really matter. If you wanted it found, Rupert Rayner would find it for you.

Until three months ago when he was killed tracking a murderer who escaped on his way to the noose.

Now, agressively persuing his father's final contract, Lochlan has tracked the murderous dog to Athkatla; and would be more than happy to fill in the 'dead' in the 'dead or alive' entry on the bounty posting in Baldur's Gate...
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Herobizkit

Adventurer
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======
Lysandros 'Sandy' Belmades, level 3
Halfling, Bard
Bardic Virtue: Virtue of Cunning

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 10, Dex 16, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 16.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 10, Dex 14, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14.

AC: 17 Fort: 11 Reflex: 16 Will: 15
HP: 32 Surges: 7 Surge Value: 8

TRAINED SKILLS
Arcana +8, Bluff +9, Streetwise +9, Diplomacy +11, Insight +8, Religion +8

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +9, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +4, Heal +6, History +6, Intimidate +7, Nature +6, Perception +6, Stealth +7, Thievery +9, Athletics +4

FEATS
Bard: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Initiate of the Faith
Level 2: Jack of All Trades

POWERS
Bard at-will 1: Misdirected Mark
Bard at-will 1: Vicious Mockery
Bard encounter 1: Blunder
Bard daily 1: Stirring Shout
Bard utility 2: Inspire Competence
Bard encounter 3: Cunning Ferocity

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Adventurer's Kit, Implement, Wand, Woodwind, Leather Armor, Cloth Armor (Basic Clothing), Shortbow, Arrows (30), Light Shield, Dagger, Holy Symbol, Eternal Chalk, Feyleaf Sandals, Fochlucan Bandore +1

RITUALS
Comprehend Language, Traveler's Chant, Amanuensis, Endure Elements, Make Whole, Lullaby, Seek Rumor
====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&DI Character Builder ======

Warning: It's a bit long. :)
[sblock=background]Ever since I was a young hin, I knew that the wind would carry me to my fortune.

I was born and raised in Athkatla, one of the major cities of the region known as Amn. The city was a stagnant pit where only they who held the most coin had any real power. My parents and their parents have always lived there. From what I've been told, I come from a long line of entertainers - jugglers, tumblers, and musicians, mostly. My family and I were quite poor, but we made do by performing in an all-halfling street circus. My family and our friends would travel from quarter to quarter, putting on all sorts of acrobatic displays for coin. The younglings would beg during the performances, playing on the sympathies of the crowd. It worked more often than not, but that didn't stop many of the younglings from becoming cutpurses. I did not want to become a cutpurse; crime only paid if you didn't get caught, but Goddess help you if you did. All crimes in Amn were punishable by fines, and if you didn't have the coin, well, you were pretty much at the city's mercy. While my siblings (all four of them) scrounged for coppers, I was wandering the markets and seeing the sights.

I spent many a ten-day wandering up and down the the streets, examining goods and sundries brought in from all over the Sword Coast. I enjoyed the bustle of the crowd and the ferverent haggling over prices. I often thought to myself that if I were rich, I wouldn't have to haggle - I could just buy whatever I wanted and that would be that. My favourite time of day was sunset. I used to sit by the docks and watch the sun sink below the horizon while dozens of ships came into and left port. As I grew older, I came to be a familiar face to many of the merchants. I would often run small errands here and there in exchange for a coin or two, or sometimes for small treats - an apple here, a sweetmeat there. I recall one fellow in particular, one Valthur Ortek. He was a Dwarf who dealt in rare tomes and maps. He claimed to have travelled all over the Realms in search of rare and ancient documents. He had many stories to tell, both from the books he sold and from his own personal experiences. He had such a mesmerizing way with words that I would oft find myself running home after dark to receive a scolding from my mother. I knew the streets weren't safe, but I simply couldn't leave until Valthur had finished his tales.

One autumn day, Valthur told me that he had heard whispers of an elven ruin somewhere South of Amn, deep within the monstrous territories of the Orcs. He said that was going to be leaving Amn for a long time and that he did not know when he would return. This saddened me, as he was nearly as close to me as family, or so I thought at the time. In parting, he gifted me a leather and gold-bound tome with pictures of all sorts of mechanical wonders. One picture in particular caught my attention - I believe it was called a 'windmill'. Something resonated inside me as I read all the potential uses a windmill could have - grinding corn, drawing water, sawing wood... the possibilities seemed endless. The concept that a simple construct, harnessing the power of wind, could make simple so many laborious tasks was too amazing for me to ignore. I ran home to show the book to my parents. I told them that we didn't have to work in the streets any more - with wind power, we could move to a nicer place like Crimmor or Lake Esmel and be farmers. My parents told me that we couldn't leave the city until they had settled their debts, but encouraged me to pursue my interests all the same. I told them that if that's what they had to do, I'd do my best to make as much money as I could.

I turned to the best source of wealth I could think of. I made my way to Goldspires, a temple dedicated to Waukeen, Goddess of wealth and trade. For several periods, I went there every sunrise and prayed for guidance. One morning I was approached by a young human female who called herself Zaria Umaldryn. She noted that I seemed to possess a wisdom beyond my years and encouraged me to become one of the faithful. This was definitely my chance to change my destiny, and I readily accepted, becoming a Goldeyes in the process. Once my initation was complete, I was put to work in the church library. Let me tell you, having easy access to so much knowledge was the greatest thing a youngling could ask for (well, this youngling, anyway). I pored over text after text, learning more and more about the world at large and all its wonders. I paid particular attention to warfare texts. Though I knew I'd never participate in some awful war, I loved figuring out how and why battle machines worked. I remember that in one case I was able to scale down the plans for ballistae and catapults from which my siblings were able to make (and then sell) toys. My attention to detail caught Zaria's interest. She put in a good word to the head librarian (a haughty Grey Elf named Daeven Tatharchir), who soon had me proofing documents for inconsistencies and forgeries.

It was this job that would set me on the path of my life's adventure.

While I enjoyed reading in general, seeing the same types of documents before me day after day became staid; I soon became bored of the whole endeavour. I would often daydream about sailing ships and rows of windmills while giving my daily share of documents only a cursory glance. One day, something unusual snapped me out of my reverie - I saw my first ever Amnian Letter of Marque. It was made out to Vargas "Blood 'n Guts" Cavenaugh, captain of The Dirty Bitch. I did not know anything about this captain, but I knew that an official Letter was always inked in gold and easily worth over a thousand golden crowns. I started to tremble with nerves, knowing that a wrong judgement could be very costly for me and the church. I asked Zaria to oversee my work. She told me that she trusted my judgement, but watched over me all the same as I hoisted magnifying glass to eye and examined the writ. My face blanched. The ink appeared to be made of gold, but somehow I just knew that the ink was only gold in color. I advised Zaria of the forgery. She thanked me with a smile that told me she already knew the truth of my discovery and took away the offending document. I felt very proud of myself. One of the first blessings bestowed upon a Goldeyes is the ability to discern true metal from false. My discovery of the false document reinforced my faith, that I was truly one of Waukeen's chosen. I was very excited to learn more of the mysteries of Waukeen.

I returned home late in the day to find a group of sea-scented humans speaking to my worried-looking parents. As I approached, one of the men turned to me and sneered, "Ah, there's the troublesome whelp now." The man identified himself as Vargas Cavenaugh. He drew a sabre from his sash and pointed it at me. He stated plainly that he didn't like people meddling in his affairs, adding that he hardly considered my kind a 'people' at all. He accentuated his point by kicking my father in the gut. Vargas swore that if any other documentation regarding his ship got unnecessary attention, he would recoup his losses any way he saw fit. He added that halfling children fetch a fine price at the slave markets, then left, laughing all the while.

I panicked. I told my parents I was quitting my job right then and there. My dad shook his head, then went on to explain that Cavenaugh worked for one of the more prominent Merchant Guilds, and that this wasn't the first time that the drunken captain had come to cause trouble. Father added that the captain was nothing more than a bully and an extortionist, but as long as Cavenaugh was under the protection of the Guild, there was little that he or any of the Quick Folk could do. I told my father that I had to make this right, that I couldn't be a burden on the family.

That very night, I gathered up the items and coin gifted to me by the church and slipped away from home.[/sblock]I also chose an optional Merchant background from the PHB2 and assigned a +2 bonus to my Diplomacy skill.

Last edited:

Durlak

First Post
Taran Xiloscient Player, level 5
Elf, Druid
Build: Predator Druid
Primal Aspect: Primal Predator

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 17, Int 11, Wis 19, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 11, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 19 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 17
HP: 51 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 12

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +13, Perception +13, Heal +11, Arcana +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +3, History +2, Insight +6, Intimidate +2, Religion +2, Stealth +8, Streetwise +2, Thievery +4, Athletics +1

FEATS
Druid: Ritual Caster
Level 1: Toughness
Level 2: Implement Expertise (Totem)
Level 4: Ferocious Tiger Form

POWERS
Druid at-will 1: Chill Wind
Attack: Wisdom vs. Fortitude
Hit: 1d6 cold damage, and you slide the target 1
square.
Level 21: 2d6 cold damage.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack, 1d6+1
damage
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack, 1d6+1
damage

Druid at-will 1: Flame Seed
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 fire damage, and the squares adjacent to
the target become a fiery zone that lasts until the
end of your next turn. Any enemy that enters the
zone or starts its turn there takes fire damage equa
to your Wisdom modifier (+4).
Level 21: 2d6 fire damage.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack, 1d6+1 damage
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack, 1d6+1
damage

Druid at-will 1: Grasping Claws
Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage, and the
target is slowed until the end of your next turn.
Level 21: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage.
Special: This power can be used as a melee basic
attack.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack, 1d8+5 damage
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack, 1d8+5
damage
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
+1d10 to damage rolls in beast form to enemies granting
combat advantage to you.

Druid encounter 1: Cull the Herd
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: 2d8 + Wisdom modifier (+4) psychic
damage, and you pull the target 3 squares.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack, 2d8+5
damage
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack, 2d8+5
damage

Druid daily 1: Faerie Fire
Attack: Wisdom vs. Will
Hit: The target is slowed and grants combat
advantage (save ends both).
Aftereffect: 3d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) radiant
damage, and the target grants combat advantage
until the end of your next turn.
Miss: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) radiant damage,
and the target grants combat advantage until the end
of your next turn.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack

Druid utility 2: Skittering Sneak
Prerequisite: You must have the wild shape
power.
Effect: Until the end of the encounter, you can
use wild shape to assume the form of a Tiny
natural beast or fey beast, such as a mouse, a
house cat, or a large spider. In this form, you
gain a +5 bonus to Stealth checks. You can't
attack, pick up anything, or manipulate objects.

Druid encounter 3: Predator's Flurry
Primary Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage, and the primary
target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Effect: You shift 2 squares and then make a secondary attack.
Primal Predator: The number of squares you shift equals
your Dexterity modifier (+3).
Secondary Target: One creature other than the primary
target
Secondary Attack: Wisdom vs. Reflex
Hit: 1d6 + Wisdom modifier (+4) damage, and the
secondary target is dazed until the end of your next turn.
Death Fang Totem +1: +8 attack, 1d6+5 damage
Architect's Accurate staff +1: +7 attack, 1d6+5 damage
ADDITIONAL EFFECTS
+1d10 to damage rolls in beast form to enemies granting
combat advantage to you

Druid daily 5: Wall of Thorns
Wall of Thorns
KEYWORDS
Conjuration, Implement, Primal
USED
Standard
ACTION
Area wall 8 within 10 squares
RANGE
ATTACK TARGET
vs
DEFENSE
Effect: You conjure a wall of thorny, writhing vines. The
wall can be up to 4 squares high and must be on a solid
surface, and it lasts until the end of your next turn. The
wall provides cover. A creature's line of sight through a
wall square is blocked unless the creature is adjacent to
that square.
Entering a wall square costs 3 extra squares of
movement. If a creature enters the wall's space or starts
its turn there, that creature takes 1d10 + your Wisdom
modifier (+4) damage and ongoing 5 damage (save ends).
Sustain Minor: The wall persists

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Arrows (30), Quarterstaff, Longbow, Adventurer's Kit, Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier), Death Fang Totem +1, Shadow Hunter Hide Hide Armor +1, Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Architect's Accurate staff +1, Panther Slippers (heroic tier)
RITUALS
Animal Messenger, Brew Potion

[sblock = lvl 4] Taran Xiloscient Player, level 4
Elf, Druid

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 17, Int 11, Wis 19, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 19 Fort: 14 Reflex: 16 Will: 17
HP: 46 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +13, Perception +13, Heal +11, Arcana +7

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +4, Bluff +2, Diplomacy +2, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +3, History +2, Insight +6, Intimidate +2, Religion +2, Stealth +7, Streetwise +2, Thievery +4, Athletics +1

FEATS
Level 4: Ferocious Tiger Form

POWERS

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Arrows (30), Quarterstaff, Longbow, Adventurer's Kit, Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier), Death Fang Totem +1, Shadow Hunter Hide Hide Armor +1, Claw Gloves (heroic tier), Architect's Accurate staff +1, Boots of Stealth (heroic tier)
RITUALS
[/sblock]

[sblock=Lvl 3]

====== Created Using Wizards of the Coast D&D Character Builder ======
Taran Xiloscient Player, level 3
Elf, Druid

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 10, Con 14, Dex 16, Int 11, Wis 18, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES

AC: 18 Fort: 13 Reflex: 15 Will: 16
HP: 41 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 10

TRAINED SKILLS
Nature +12, Perception +12, Heal +10, Arcana +6

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +3, Bluff +1, Diplomacy +1, Dungeoneering +5, Endurance +2, History +1, Insight +5, Intimidate +1, Religion +1, Stealth +6, Streetwise +1, Thievery +3, Athletics

FEATS

POWERS

ITEMS
Ritual Book, Hide Armor, Arrows (30), Quarterstaff, Longbow, Adventurer's Kit, Woundstitch Powder (heroic tier), Death Fang Totem +1, Shadow Hunter Hide Hide Armor +1, Claw Gloves (heroic tier)
RITUALS
====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

[/sblock]

Last edited:

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Harwick-1.png

Kaedyn Thorngood Char Sheet
[sblock=Background]Kaedyn Thorngood had an unremarkable childhood, growing up in Cormyr and living on a farmstead. He was recruited into the local militia and given arms training to help defend his village against monsters and bandits. Showing some remarkable talent and prowess in combat skills, he soon came to realize being part-time warrior and farmer was not the life for him. He set out for bigger towns to work his way into a better profession.

He signed up as caravan guard and the dwarf in charge of the guards took a liking to him and helped polish off his martial training in the off hours. After several months, Kaedyn became a decently skilled fighter. Since the caravan's employment of guards was seasonal, Kaedyn was out of a job during the winter months and he moved on.

He spent some time with some mercenary units, but never felt completely at home just being a soldier for hire. Never staying with one outfit very long, he never made any lasting ties of friendship either. Deciding a different use of his skills might be in order, Kaedyn sought out employment that would offer some travel and adventure. This naivete landed him on Kumar's ship and almost on the wrong side of a mutiny or revolt.[/sblock]
[sblock=4th Level Advancement]+1 Str; +1 Dex; +6 HP; Powerful Charge Feat; Increases due to leveling for Ability Modifiers, Skills, & Defenses are automatic on Sheet.[/sblock]

Last edited:

tiornys

Explorer
"This world is choked with evil. I will forge my own destiny."

[sblock=Asterion's Tale]Asterion never knew his parents, nor another of his kind. As a child, when the horns on his head were still prepubescent stumps, the young minotaur was kidnapped and sold into indentured servitude aboard a wealthy nobleman's sailing vessel. The nobleman's servants raised Asterion into adulthood, and the minotaur eventually grew into a strong bull, hulking and tough from the years of manual labor he was subject to. His master was not a kind one, but Asterion was generally treated fairly. He never tried to escape or fight back; instead, he worked hard, trying perhaps to convince his master of his worth as a person.

One day, however, everything changed for Asterion. The nobleman's ship was hijacked by the dread captain Kumar, and Asterion's master was murdered by the pirate-king himself. The master's family was slaughtered by Kumar's crew, and the ship was looted of all goods. The servants, including Aterion, however, were loaded onto Kumar's ship to be taken to the Dragon Coast and sold into slavery.

Asterion accepted this turn of events, hoping that perhaps his new masters would eventually free him. He was forced to clean up on the ship and to carry their often heavy freight. This never fazed Asterion. One morning, while the sun rose over the bluish-gray horizon, one of the old deckhands called out to Asterion. This old pirate was named Boulder, a towering (but ancient) goliath brigand. Boulder, seeing Asterion's physical strength in action, brought him below deck to the moveable forge that Boulder often worked at as the ship's only blacksmith.

Eventually, Asterion's apprenticeship was completed, and instead of being sold into slavery, he took over Boulder's forge and hammer and became a member of the Iron Fang crew. Asterion quickly surpassed his tutor in every way, becoming an innovative and careful weaponmaster. He even forged a beautiful cutlass for Captain Kumar himself.

Asterion worked silently at the forge for several years, never participating in the violent excursions of the ship - instead solemnly standing at his anvil, hammer in hand, pounding and folding plates of metal into sharp and resilient blades and suits of armor.

One day, the pirates had begun to lay siege to a quiet coastal village, and through the window in the hull of the ship, Asterion watched as the brigands plundered the town. He watched impassively as Kumar himself beheaded prisoners and set fire to the houses of the town. Asterion knew that this violence could no longer stand. He knew that to stand by and do nothing while these criminals raped and murdered was cowardly and weak.

Asterion stood at his anvil, gripping his forge-hammer tight. He set about making the strongest set of armor he'd yet crafted. His hammer swung with the might of someone who had seen injustice, and after years of watching, had seen that the time had come to stand up - to punish evil. But something else rang out in the din of the forge that day - a divine light that radiated each time the hammer struck metal - a sense of meaning and shape within the echoing clangs - a light and sound that gave Asterion courage to face evil.

Soon, after the halls of the forge had stopped echoing with the powerful blows of his hammer, Asterion hid away a suit of heavy protective armor and a light shield with an insignia of a bull's head. He grasped his forge-hammer tightly in his hand and waited until it was his time to strike, for he knew that in time, he could fold the way of the world as easily as he had folded those metal plates.[/sblock]

[sblock=Asterion Character Sheet]Asterion, level 5 Minotaur Runepriest
7'2", 330lb
Minotaur -- Silenced Beast (+2 Insight)

Str: 19
Con: 17
Dex: 10
Int: 13
Wis: 14
Cha: 8

AC: 22 Fort: 17 Refl: 15 Will: 17
HP: 49 Surges/day: 11 Surge value: 12
Initiative: +2 Speed: 5 Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16

[sblock=Minotaur Features]Languages: Common, Chondathan
+2 Nature, +2 Perception
Ferocity: When you drop to 0 hit points or fewer, you can make a melee basic attack as an immediate interrupt.
Heedless Charge: You have a +2 racial bonus to AC against opportunity attacks you provoke during a charge.
Vitality: You have one additional healing surge.
Goring Charge: You have the goring charge power. (detailed in powers)[/sblock]
[sblock=Runepriest Features]Rune Master [sblock]Some of your powers have the runic keyword. When you are going to use a runic power, you first choose one of the runes noted in the power—either the rune of destruction or the rune of protection—and then use the power, applying the chosen rune’s effects. The moment you choose the rune, you enter its rune state. You remain in that rune state until you enter another rune state or until the end of the encounter. Whenever you enter the rune state of the rune of destruction or the rune of protection, you gain an additional benefit. The benefit lasts while you’re in the rune state.

Rune of Destruction
Allies gain a +1 bonus to attack rolls against enemies that are adjacent to you or to any other runepriests who are in this rune state.

Rune of Protection
While adjacent to you, allies gain resist 2 to all damage. The resistance increases to 4 at 11th level and 6 at 21st level.[/sblock]
Rune of Mending (detailed in powers)
Runic Artistry [sblock]Wrathful Hammer: You gain proficiency with military hammers and military maces. In addition, whenever an enemy deals damage to you with an attack, you gain a bonus to damage rolls against that enemy until the end of your next turn. The bonus equals your Constitution modifier, regardless of the number of times the enemy damages you in a round.[/sblock][/sblock]

[sblock=Skills]Acrobatics +0
Arcana +3
Athletics +9
Bluff +1
Diplomacy +1
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +9
History +3
Insight +11
Intimidate +1
Nature +6
Perception +6
Religion +8
Stealth +0
Streetwise +1
Thievery +0[/sblock]

[sblock=Feats]L1: Bludgeon Expertise
L2: Armor Proficiency: Plate
L4: Weapon Proficiency: Craghammer[/sblock]

[sblock=Powers]Word of Diminishment [sblock]At-Will - Divine, Runic, Weapon; Standard Action - Melee weapon; Target: One creature. Attack: Strength vs. AC Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. Rune of Destruction: Until the end of your next turn, the target has vulnerable 2 to all damage, but vulnerable 5 against opportunity attacks (Level 11: Vulnerable 4, but 7 against opportunity attacks; Level 21: Vulnerable 6, but 10 against opportunity attacks). Rune of Protection: Until the end of your next turn, the target takes a penalty to damage rolls equal to your Constitution modifier.[/sblock]

Word of Exchange (Wsrosk!)[sblock]At-Will - Divine, Runic, Weapon; Standard Action - Melee weapon; Target: One creature. Attack: Strength vs. AC Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier damage. Rune of Destruction: Before the end of your next turn, the next attack against the target from one of your allies deals extra damage to the target equal to your Wisdom modifier, and the ally gains temporary hit points equal to your Wisdom modifier. Rune of Protection: The target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of your next turn, and the next ally to hit the target before the end of your next turn gains a power bonus to AC equal to your Wisdom modifier. The bonus lasts until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

Rune of Mending [sblock]Encounter (special) - Divine, Healing, Runic; Minor Action - Close burst 5 (10 at 11th, 15 at 21st); Target: You or one ally in burst. Effect: The target can spend a healing surge (add'l HP at higher levels). Rune of Destruction: You and each ally in the burst gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls (+4 power bonus at 11th level and +6 power bonus at 21st level) until the end of your next turn. Rune of Protection: You and each ally in the burst gain a +1 bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round. At 16th level, you can use this power three times per encounter, but only once per round.[/sblock]

Goring Charge [sblock]Encounter; Standard Action - Melee 1; Effect: You charge and make the following attack in place of a melee basic attack. Target: One creature. Attack: Strength, Constitution, or Dexterity + 4 (6 at 11th level and 8 at 21st level) vs. AC Hit: 1d6 + Strength modifier, Constitution modifier, or Dexterity modifier damage, and you knock the target prone. (2d6 at 11th, 3d6 at 21st).[/sblock]

Flames of PurityIgnus [sblock]Encounter - Divine, Fire, Healing, Runic, Weapon; Standard Action - Close blast 3; Target: Each enemy in blast. Attack: Strength vs. AC Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier fire damage. Rune of Destruction: Each ally in the blast gains a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of your next turn. Rune of Protection: Each ally in the blast regains 3 hit points.[/sblock]

Word of the Blinding Shield [sblock]Encounter - Divine, Radiant, Runic, Weapon; Immediate Interrupt - Close burst 5; Trigger: An enemy makes an attack roll against your ally. Target: The triggering enemy in the burst. Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude Hit: The target is blinded until the end of its turn. Rune of Destruction: The target also takes radiant damage equal to your Constitution modifier. Rune of Protection: The ally gains temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier.[/sblock]

Rune of the Undeniable Dawn[sblock]
EstenAuran Szarr
Daily - Divine, Radiant, Weapon, Zone; Standard Action - Close burst 3; Target: Each enemy in the burst. Attack: Strength vs. AC Hit: 1[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. You and your allies gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses while within the zone. Sustain Minor: The zone persists.[/sblock]
Rune of the Final Act[sblock]Daily - Divine, Varies, Weapon; Standard Action - Melee weapon; Target: One creature. Attack: Strength vs. Fortitude Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier necrotic or radiant damage. Miss: Half damage. Effect: The target is affected by a deathly rune (save ends). Until the rune ends, you and your allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against the target. Whenever you or any of your allies hit the target, the bonus increases by 1.[/sblock]
Shield of Sacrifice[sblock]Daily - Divine, Healing; Minor Action - Close burst 5; Target: You or one ally in the burst. Effect: The target loses a healing surge. One or two allies within 5 squares of the target regain hit points as if they had each spent a healing surge. The target and each ally who regained hit points gain a +5 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.[/sblock]

[/sblock]
[sblock=Items]Lullaby Craghammer +1 (Boulder's Hammer) [sblock]Crit: +1d6 damage; Power (Daily • Sleep): Free Action. Use this power when you hit with the weapon. Make a secondary attack against the target’s Will defense, with an attack bonus equal to the level of this weapon plus its enhancement bonus (+5). If this attack hits, the target is slowed (save ends). If the target fails its first saving throw against this power, it becomes unconscious (save ends).[/sblock]
Plate Armor of Sacrifice +1 (Boulder's Armor) [sblock]Power (At-Will): Minor Action. Use this power when you are adjacent to an ally who is subject to an effect that a save can end. The ally is no longer affected, and you now have the effect. You cannot make a saving throw against this effect until the end of your next turn.
Power (Daily • Healing): Minor Action. Spend a healing surge. One ally within 5 squares of you regains hit points as though he or she had spent a healing surge.[/sblock]
Battleforged Light Shield (Boulder's Shield) [sblock]Power (Daily • Healing): Free Action. Use this power when an ally adjacent to you regains hit points. That ally regains additional hit points as though it had spent a healing surge.[/sblock]
Flameburst Throwing Hammer +1 [sblock]Crit: +1d6 fire damage; Power (Daily • Fire): Minor Action. The next ranged basic attack you make with this weapon before the end of your turn becomes a burst 1 centered on the target. Use your normal attack bonus for the basic attack, but against Reflex. Instead of normal damage, each target hit takes ongoing 5 fire damage (save ends).[/sblock]
Forgemaster's Gloves (L6) [sblock]Property: Gain resist 5 fire.
Power (Daily * Fire): Minor Action. The next attack power you use deals 1d6 extra fire damage.[/sblock]
Amulet of Resolution +1 [sblock]Power (Daily): No Action. Use this power when you fail a saving throw. Reroll the saving throw, using the second result even if it’s lower.[/sblock]
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock= Power Statistics]
[sblock= Melee Basic Attack]At-Will - Weapon
Standard Action - Melee weapon
Target: One creature.
Attack: +10 vs. AC
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 damage.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Ranged Basic Attack]At-Will - Weapon
Standard Action - Ranged weapon
Hit: 1d6 + 5 damage.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Word of Diminishment]At-Will - Divine, Runic, Weapon
Target: One creature
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 damage. Rune of Destruction: Until the end of your next turn, the target has vulnerable 2 to all damage, but vulnerable 5 against opportunity attacks. Rune of Protection: Until the end of your next turn, the target takes a -3 penalty to damage rolls.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Word of Exchange]At-Will - Divine, Runic, Weapon
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 damage. Rune of Destruction: Before the end of your next turn, the next attack against the target from one of your allies deals 2 extra damage to the target, and the ally gains 2 temporary hit points. Rune of Protection: The target takes a -2 penalty to all defenses until the end of your next turn, and the next ally to hit the target before the end of your next turn gains a +2 power bonus to AC until the end of your next turn.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Goring Charge]Encounter
Standard Action - Melee 1
Effect: You charge and make the following attack in place of a melee basic attack.
Hit: 1d6 + 4 damage, and you knock the target prone.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Flames of Purity]Encounter - Divine, Fire, Healing, Runic, Weapon
Standard Action - Close blast 3
Target: Each enemy in blast
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 fire damage. Rune of Destruction: Each ally in the blast gains a +3 power bonus to damage rolls until the end of your next turn. Rune of Protection: Each ally in the blast regains 3 hit points.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Word of the Blinding Shield]Encounter - Divine, Radiant, Runic, Weapon
Immediate Interrupt - Close burst 5
Trigger: An enemy makes an attack roll against your ally.
Target: The triggering enemy in the burst.
Attack: +10 vs. Fortitude
Hit: The target is blinded until the end of its turn. Rune of Destruction: The target also takes 3 radiant damage. Rune of Protection: The ally gains 3 temporary hit points.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Rune of the Undeniable Dawn]Daily - Divine, Radiant, Weapon, Zone
Standard Action - Close burst 3
Target: Each enemy in the burst.
Hit: 1d10 (brutal 2) + 5 radiant damage.
Miss: Half damage.
Effect: The burst creates a zone that lasts until the end of your next turn. You and your allies gain a +2 power bonus to all defenses while within the zone.
Sustain Minor: The zone persists.
---[/sblock]

[sblock= Rune of the Final Act]Daily - Divine, Varies, Weapon
Attack: +10 vs. Fortitude
Hit: 2d10 (brutal 2) + 5 necrotic or radiant damage.
Effect: The target is affected by a deathly rune (save ends). Until the rune ends, you and your allies gain a +2 power bonus to damage rolls against the target. Whenever you or any of your allies hit the target, the bonus increases by 1.
---[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Combat Status]HP: 49/49 Surges: 11/11 Surge Value: 12
AC: 22 Fortitude: 17 Reflex: 15 Will: 17
Resist: 5 Fire Saving Throw mods: none
Speed: 5 Initiative: (+2) xx
Passive Insight: 21 Passive Perception: 16
Action Points: x [] Usage this encounter
[] Second Wind

[][][] Failed Death Saves

Current Status:

Actions:
[]Standard
[]Move
[]Minor
[]Immediate

Powers:
Word of Diminishment, Word of Exchange, Flames of Purity, Word of the Blinding Shield, Rune of Mending[][], Goring Charge, Rune of the Undeniable Dawn, Rune of the Final Act, Shield of Sacrifice, Lullaby Weapon, Armor of Sacrifice, Amulet of Resolution, Battleforged Shield, Forgemaster's Gloves, Flameburst Weapon

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
Rodric the Bright

[sblock=Sheet]
Rodric the Bright
level 5
Human, Warpriest
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Heavy Blade)
Versatile Expertise: Versatile Expertise (Holy Symbol)
Background: Aglarond (Aglarond Benefit)
Deity: Amaunator
Alignment: Lawful Good

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 15, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 19, Cha 10.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 13, Con 14, Dex 14, Int 8, Wis 16, Cha 10.

AC: 24 Fort: 17 Reflex: 18 Will: 19
HP: 47 Surges: 9 Surge Value: 11

TRAINED SKILLS
Perception +12, Religion +6, Insight +11, Diplomacy +7, Heal +11

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics +2, Arcana +1, Bluff +2, Dungeoneering +6, Endurance +2, History +1, Intimidate +2, Nature +6, Stealth +2, Streetwise +2, Thievery +2, Athletics +1

FEATS
Human: Human Perseverance
Level 1: Versatile Expertise
Level 2: Weapon Proficiency (Bastard sword)
Level 4: Scale Proficiency

[sblock=Class Features]
(I will not list features that give powers. The powers are listed below.)

Sun Domain Features
You gain a +2 bonus to death saving throws. While within 5 squares of you, your allies also gain this bonus.
In addition, when you use your healing word, you or an ally in the burst regains 2 hit points.

Level 5 Sun Domain Feature
When you use healing word, the target of the power gains temporary hit points equal to your Constitution modifier (2).

[/sblock]

POWERS
Channel Divinity: Smite Undead
Channel Divinity: Soothing Light
Cleric at-will: Blessing of Battle
Cleric at-will: Brand of the Sun
Cleric at-will: Sun's Glow
Cleric at-will: Lance of Faith
Cleric encounter 1: Sun Burst
Cleric daily 1: Moment of Glory
Cleric utility 2: Bless
Cleric encounter 3: Resurgent Sun
Domain Utility 4: Holy Cleansing
Cleric daily 5: Inspire Fervor

[sblock=Power details]
Basic attacks

Ranged (none)

Melee (Bastard Sword +1)
Melee, 1d20+8, 1d10+2 damage

At-Will Powers

Blessing of Battle:
standard, melee, +11 vs AC - 1d10+5 damage.
Effect: You or one ally within 5 squares of you gains resistance 2 to all damage until the end of your next turn.

Brand of the Sun: standard, melee, +11 vs AC - 1d10+5 radiant damage.
Effect: You or one ally within 5 squares of you can make a saving throw.

Lance of Faith: standard, ranged 5, +8 vs Reflex - 1d8+5 damage, and one ally you can see gains a +2 power bonus to his or her next attack roll against the target.

Sun's Glow: minor, melee 1
Target: One object or unoccupied square
Effect: The target sheds bright light that fills its space and squares within 4 squares of it. The light lasts for 1 hour, until you use this power again, or until you end the light as a free action.

Encounter Powers

CD - Smite Undead:
standard, melee (can only target undead), +11 vs Will - 2d10+5 radiant damage, and you push the target 5 squares. The target is immobilized until the end of your next turn.
Special: You can use only one channel divinity power per encounter.

CD - Soothing Light: standard, close burst 2
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a +2 power bonus.
Special: You can use only one channel divinity power per encounter.

Healing Word: minor, close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target can spend a healing surge and regain 1d6 additional hit points.
Special: You can use this power twice per encounter, but only once per round.

Sun Burst: standard, melee, +11 vs AC - 1d10+5 radiant damage.
Effect: You and each ally within 5 squares of you gain 5 temporary hit points and can make a saving throw.

Resurgent Sun: standard, melee, +11 vs AC - 2d10+5 radiant damage.
Effect: You or one ally within 5 squares of you can spend a healing surge.

Daily Powers

Moment of Glory:
standard, close blast 5, +8 vs Will
You push the target 3 squares and knock it prone.
Effect: You and each ally in the blast gain resist 5 to all damage until t he end of your next turn.
Sustain Minor: The effect persists.

Bless: minor, close burst 20
Target: You and each ally in the burst
Effect: Each target gains a +1 power bonus to attack rolls until the end of the encounter.

Holy Cleansing: minor, close burst 5
Target: You or one ally in the burst
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a +5 power bonus against each effect on him or her that a save can end. In addition, if the target suffers from a disease, he or she can spend a healing surge to improve the disease by 2 stages. The target regains no hit points for spending the healing surge. If the target is subject to a petrifying effect, that effect ends but the target loses any remaining healing surges.

Inspire Fervor: standard, melee, +11 vs AC - 2d10+5 radiant damage
Effect: Each ally within 2 squares of you can shift up to 2 squares as a free action. Any ally who ends this shift adjacent to the target can make a melee basic attack against it as a free action.

[/sblock]

ITEMS
Imposter's Drakescale Armor +2, Healer's Brooch +1, Astral symbol of Life +1, Heavy Shield, Sunblade Bastard sword +1

[sblock=Power details]Symbol of Life:
Minor Action. Until the end of your turn, any character healed by one of your encounter powers or daily powers regains an additional 1d6 hit points.
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=Background]
Rodric the Bright hasn't got his nickname for his mental powers. Not really dumb, just trusting his intuition and faith more than intellect, he is a true warrior for the light of Amaunator.
A prophcy forced him to the island, he now explores it by himself, after his vessel and other travelers crashed here.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads