D&D 5E A persistent fighter

G

Guest 6801328

Armor of Agythys plus Heavy Armor Master could be hilarious against a group of mooks who do low damage.

Kobolds, for example, do an average of 4 damage and have 5 hit points. So on average 5 of them would kill themselves attacking you before the spell expired. And that's without upcasting.

EDIT: Oh, wait, even better if it's a barbarian raging. OMG I need to play this.

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
Armor of Agythys plus Heavy Armor Master could be hilarious against a group of mooks who do low damage.

Kobolds, for example, do an average of 4 damage and have 5 hit points. So on average 5 of them would kill themselves attacking you before the spell expired. And that's without upcasting.

EDIT: Oh, wait, even better if it's a barbarian raging. OMG I need to play this.

I played a fighter hexblade. The original designed used an eldrich knight and armor of agathy - his next feat was going to be HAM. But I realized that a rune knight (that takes magic initiate to "replace" the EK spells) with the hill giant rune that provides resistance would be even better :D

Ancalagon

Dusty Dragon
right. Conquest Paladin can be any alignment technically but I don’t know if it meshes so well with LG for me.

I am thinking sword or hammer and shield and duelist. Good grief. If you cast divine shield you would be hard to hit!

RP-wise, I think for folk hero hammer would be better. Less "aristocratic".

And yup, you would be hard to hit (and at higher level, great concentration saves with your aura). You're just doing decent damage, biding your time until it's the perfect time to smite.

Iry

Hero
If your DM allows homebrew, ask if you can swap smite damage for temporary HP.

As in, spend a 1st level spell slot to gain 2d8 temporary HP, or 3d8 if fighting undead.

Remove ads