• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A positive D&D thread (for a change)

JeffB

Legend
As I type this out, I am treated to the sounds of dice rolling, pencil scratching, and furious bubble gum popping in the next room.

My 8 year old son has just received from me a battered copy of the Mentzer Basic and Expert books (autographed by Frank, no less), and is currently involved with those nasty Ghoul servants of Bargle. He is tossing the well rounded but still functional brown swirly looking dice (filled in with yellow wax crayon, of course!) that came in my original 1981 Cook Expert set.

MEWHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :devil:

EATherrian

First Post
It teaches them that the game is a challenge and lsoing is part of the game. And that life is unfair.

I was mostly kidding, since I cut my teeth on the old S series. That's a true measure of a gamer, how many times they keep trying to get through the Tomb of Horrors or Keraptis' lair.

Crothian

First Post
I was mostly kidding, since I cut my teeth on the old S series. That's a true measure of a gamer, how many times they keep trying to get through the Tomb of Horrors or Keraptis' lair.

Mine wasn't a 100% serious either. I love the ToH but I wouldn't suggest taking an 8 year old through it. :cool:

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Ahhh, the S series! That takes me back...

I was instrumental in nearly killing the entire party going through Expedition to the Barrier Peaks...as a player!

We had just encountered a group of the Police Bots, well down the hall from us. I launched a DBF at them, targeted on the farthest one, and set it at max delay. You know...to give the party time to exit the enclosed area we were in?

We didn't know how fast those things were... So fast, in fact, they closed to melee range with us by the 2nd round, and then the DBF went off. After a round or 2 of melee combat.

All of the Bots were destroyed, but several PCs died, and the rest were severely wounded. Among the fatalities was the Cleric. We had to retreat and use savings to bring back our dead.

Never finished that one.

Good times, good times...

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads