A Potential Earthquake in the Videogame Industry: UNITY Install Fees

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
Right. The logic only works if the CEO wants to short Unity stock which doesn't make any sense, because he owns a metric butt-tun of it already. He'd be losing on his long term investment, in order to make a very short term profit.

Yeah, and let's just say that there would be a LOT of other issues if the Unity CEO was trying to short the stock.... in addition to losing out on his massive long-term investment.

Lando was the leader, he gave the order, but once given the city guards did not hesitate to open fire on the stormtroopers.
I had to actually Google 'Cloud City guards' and I can find images of them from the movie, but I have no memory of it.

Point taken.

Though I'd still submit that more of Vader's failure was a reliance on half-measures rather than his breach of a verbal contract.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist

Well, yeah, but if That Guy was held to every stupid thing he said, then he'd be in a lot of trouble!

Instead, he's only very occasionally held to the stupid things he says, which is why he now owns Twitter X.

Ryujin

Legend
Well, yeah, but if That Guy was held to every stupid thing he said, then he'd be in a lot of trouble!

Instead, he's only very occasionally held to the stupid things he says, which is why he now owns Twitter X.
I'm still waiting for Musk to cash the cheque that his mouth wrote and get stomped by the Zuckerbot. We're almost a month on now from when that fight was supposed to take place.

The companies I have been at had pretty solid internal legal departments (I even ran a decent sized one for almost 5 years and I am not a lawyer). More company specific routine matters were well handled by them and we went outside when we needed to. The in-house team was always good and talking to the outside lawyers to make sure business facts and goals were well documented in contracts.
For sure the majority of in house departments are at least okay. But the number which are not is bizarrely high (even if it's only say, 10% - I hesitate to even estimate), that's what I'm saying here. It's just peculiar thing, I guess.

I'm still waiting for Musk to cash the cheque that his mouth wrote and get stomped by the Zuckerbot. We're almost a month on now from when that fight was supposed to take place.
As a podcast I listen to suggested, given the difference in training and fitness means Zuckerberg would likely basically do a Mortal Kombat fatality on Musk and I suspect even Musk has realised that!

I'm not a fan of billionaires and Amazon is a terrible company but I will say at least Bezos is living out a twenty or thirty-something fantasy of being permanently on holiday on a cool boat with your hot (to oneself) spouse you love rather than the very teenage chest beating Musk and Zuckerberg are into (Musk once showed a picture of his bedside table and it was so sad I felt slightly bad for an awful man with 126bn in wealth which is I suspect not what he was aiming for).

J.Quondam

CR 1/8
I envision that fight would be something like Musk's Kirk vs Zuck's Gorn. Except instead of cleverly synthesizing gun powder, Musk would make a mound of useless cookie dough, and Zuckerbot end up smashing him to a greasy pulp before ambling off into the sunset to plug himself back into his charger/nutrient bath.

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
I envision that fight would be something like Musk's Kirk vs Zuck's Gorn. Except instead of cleverly synthesizing gun powder, Musk would make a mound of useless cookie dough, and Zuckerbot end up smashing him to a greasy pulp before ambling off into the sunset to plug himself back into his charger/nutrient bath.
I imagine it looking more like this:
Napoleon Dynamite Fighting GIF

Remove ads