• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Private Little War

Archon

First Post
Arendorr (red) growls in anger as his rage builds. His attacks grow stronger but strike with less accuracy as he pushes the fight toward the edge of the docks.
"You have given me nothing!!" Clang. "You've only pretended to be me," Spark, Clang, Swipe and a miss, "to gain my friends trust!" Their blades meet with tremoring force as they both struggle to gain the upper hand hundreds of feet above the crashing waves.
"You're nothing but a lie!!"

The_Universe

First Post
"I am the only truth!" he shouts back, slowing as he reaches the dock's edge, and then quickly pivoting, drawing Archonus Arendorr back toward the center of the dock. "I am the only one on this earth who knows the truth - who has lived it! Even my Grandfather does not know, though it was his magic that created it."

His breath wheezes out between words, the exertion of the battle clearly having an effect. "I have tried to let you live, yet you dwell in death! I have abandoned all that I knew to give you a chance at living your life out from the shadow of mine! I have shielded you from the truth! Dammit, the truth was the end!"

Archon

First Post
Arendorr siezes the chance to strike at the Prince's blade as he burries his shoulder into the Prince's chest to throw him off balance. Mansblade cuts a song through the air as it plumets off the dock. As both Archons regain their footing Arendorr speaks.
"I'll give you the chance to prove your words." With that Arendorr tosses Loss of the side of the docks and tightens his fists.
"Tell me shadow, what is the Truth?"

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
Arendorr siezes the chance to strike at the Prince's blade as he burries his shoulder into the Prince's chest to throw him off balance. Mansblade cuts a song through the air as it plumets off the dock. As both Archons regain their footing Arendorr speaks.
"I'll give you the chance to prove your words." With that Arendorr tosses Loss of the side of the docks and tightens his fists.
"Tell me shadow, what is the Truth?"
"The world was destroyed!" he shouts back, scrambling toward his only defense, "Arfin's wish...it would have summoned...unspeakable things. Tain would appear a naughty child in comparison!"

"I stopped him," he continues, swooping the ancient broadsword back into his grip, "You stopped him. The price was my life - a price that I fear you must now pay, for mine is already lost!"

Archon

First Post
Confussion sets in as the words way heavily within Arendorr. The Prince's word's feel like Truth despite Arendorr's better judgement. Here and there planks begin to fall loose from the dock. Below the waves begin to reach higher as the angry tide swells. Behind them the sky brightens as the flames of Oceanus grow higher.
Then, shaking his head in disbelief Arendorr responds, "No!"
Arendorr leaps upon the Prince and they roll percariously close to the edge. They grapple for a moment before Arendorr get's his hands on the Prince's collar and slams him against the docks.
"WHAT ARE YOU!!?"

Archon

First Post
The_Universe said:
"The world was destroyed!" he shouts back, scrambling toward his only defense, "Arfin's wish...it would have summoned...unspeakable things. Tain would appear a naughty child in comparison!"

"I stopped him," he continues, swooping the ancient broadsword back into his grip, "You stopped him. The price was my life - a price that I fear you must now pay, for mine is already lost!"
OOC- i figured a weaponless finish would be more personal.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
OOC- i figured a weaponless finish would be more personal.
OK - I just didn't want you cutting his head off, or something. ;) If AA isn't being overtly threatening, he'll just move near the sword, rather than pick it up and bring it back to the guard position.

The_Universe

First Post
Archon said:
Confussion sets in as the words way heavily within Arendorr. The Prince's word's feel like Truth despite Arendorr's better judgement. Here and there planks begin to fall loose from the dock. Below the waves begin to reach higher as the angry tide swells. Behind them the sky brightens as the flames of Oceanus grow higher.
Then, shaking his head in disbelief Arendorr responds, "No!"
Arendorr leaps upon the Prince and they roll percariously close to the edge. They grapple for a moment before Arendorr get's his hands on the Prince's collar and slams him against the docks.
"WHAT ARE YOU!!?"
Blood seeps from a cut on the back of the Prince's head, "I am the truth that should not be. I am you. But now, you must be me. Both of us. My time is passed, ended by an enemy we both share." he utters through clenched teeth.

Archon

First Post
"WHY!?"
Arendorr shouts above the raising chaos swirling around them as more and more planks loose their grip on the dock. Then, still gripping the Prince firmly,
"Why me?! Why now?!"

The_Universe

First Post
"Because death has found me, and though you might wish to deny it, I am you. Your honor, your sorrow - and parts of your joy, as well. My life's blood is spent - I did not choose this time. Laren Nightgrove did. The fates are cruel, and fickle. You will awake and found you have lost far more than you could have gained, even with my death. You must be a strength - you cannot allow your weaknesses to overcome the needs of this world, the world I...we!...created. We swore to serve! To protect!

Now you must make good on that oath for the both of us."

Remove ads