• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A Product Showcasing Locations - With Stats or Without?

A product showcasing locations - Stats or No Stats?

• Yes, include stats for d20.

Votes: 24 50.0%
  • Yes, include stats for various systems (d20 + what else? Please let us know below.)

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • No, statless; you give me a compelling location, I put the stats I want.

Votes: 18 37.5%

sjmiller

Explorer
HalWhitewyrm said:
Stephen, it would most likely be d20, True20 and RuneQuest, in that order. To my knowledge, GURPS is still not open.
Not open as in lacking something like Open Gaming License, or not open as in "that is not an option for us"? While it is true that Steve Jackson Games does not have an Open Gaming License, they do have a pretty liberal use license. Basically all you need to do is drop Steve Jackson an email about it, he's pretty open on the subject.

HalWhitewyrm

First Post
sjmiller said:
Not open as in lacking something like Open Gaming License, or not open as in "that is not an option for us"? While it is true that Steve Jackson Games does not have an Open Gaming License, they do have a pretty liberal use license. Basically all you need to do is drop Steve Jackson an email about it, he's pretty open on the subject.
I meant open as in OGL. Thanks for letting me know about that aspect of GURPS. I still don't think this product will feature those stats, but it is good to know for the future.

Interestingly enough, the poll is pretty much split halfway between those wanting d20 stats and those wanting them statless.

Last edited:

GAAAHHH

First Post
Critical Locations for d20 Modern has stats with their locations, but they are such a small portion of the product that I can use it for any system. My preferred system for modern games is GURPS, so I keep this with my GURPS books.

Anyway, it doesn't hurt to have stats with it, as long as those stats don't take up too much room.

RichGreen

Adventurer
Hi,

d20 stats. That way the d20/D&D players get some stats and everyone else can either ignore them or convert them to True 20/RQ.

Cheers

Richard

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
RichGreen said:
Hi,

d20 stats. That way the d20/D&D players get some stats and everyone else can either ignore them or convert them to True 20/RQ.

Cheers

Richard

The problem is that everyone else will likely just go buy another product -- a lot of people don't want or like to pay more money for content that they won't use.

We've seen products like this before. So I wonder what will make it more useful or interesting. (Though I credit Bret. Behind the Spells was a really cool series.)

Examples:
Foul Locales (Mystic Eye Games)
Rooms With a View (Vanishing Goblin)

Tharen the Damned

First Post
I would go with a statless product and free stat downloads for D20, true20 and Runequest.

So it is a usefull product even for Gamers who use it for say Warhammer.

If it is a print product, the Stats do not take expensive space that could be used for more Fluff.

Remove ads