• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A question about love.

warlord

First Post
So I'm kind of hopelessly in love with some girl. Oddly I started out as the other girl but we had so much in common we never really got beyond talking and making out. I know I totally fail at being the other guy. Anyway this girl spent a month telling me she loved me and that she'd leave her boyfriend for me. Then comes New Year's and she suddenly decides this guy more then me. She can't tell me why she just can't leave him right now. Did I get played? As far as I know you don't just wake up one day and stop loving someone. I have no idea what this girl has done to me but I honestly want to spend the rest of my life with her. Do I ride this out until it kills me or spend years getting over her and try to move on?

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
So I'm kind of hopelessly in love with some girl. Oddly I started out as the other girl but we had so much in common we never really got beyond talking and making out. I know I totally fail at being the other guy. Anyway this girl spent a month telling me she loved me and that she'd leave her boyfriend for me. Then comes New Year's and she suddenly decides this guy more then me. She can't tell me why she just can't leave him right now. Did I get played? As far as I know you don't just wake up one day and stop loving someone. I have no idea what this girl has done to me but I honestly want to spend the rest of my life with her. Do I ride this out until it kills me or spend years getting over her and try to move on?

Sadly, as far as I can offer my advice is: Get over it and go out with someone else. Sorry.

If she tells you she loves you and that she'll leave her boyfriend for you - and then doesn't - she's not worth it.

Stormborn

Explorer
So I flirt a lot. Does that mean I deserve to get my heart ripped out?

Deserve? No. But I would say the more you flirt the more likely you are to have your heart ripped out. Its kinda like driving 120mph in a 55 mph zone. Do you deserve to get into a firey horrible crash? No, but the likelyhood that you will is significantly greater than if you had obeyed the speed limit.

And probablly, due to the emotions, you are making a bigger deal of the horrors of getting over it than is realistic. Before I met my wife I had been involved with a girl for years and even though I loved her I knew she didn't want the same thing I did for the relationship so I ended it. I think I was the only guy to ever break up with her. It took me a couple of months to get over it, but I did. You will too. (And thats not even getting into the definitions of 'love'.)

Last edited:

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing (He/They)
Deserve? No. But I would say the more you flirt the more likely you are to have your heart ripped out. Its kinda like driving 120mph in a 55 mph zone. Do you deserve to get into a firey horrible crash? No, but the likelyhood that you will is significantly greater than if you had obeyed the speed limit.

And probablly, due to the emotions, you are making a bigger deal of the horrors of getting over it than is realistic. Before I met my wife I had been involved with a girl for years and even though I loved her I knew she didn't want the same thing I did for the relationship so I ended it. I think I was the only guy to ever break up with her. It took me a couple of months to get over it, but I did. You will too. (And thats not even getting into the definitions of 'love'.)
Stormborn is good,
Stormborn is wise.

Dioltach

Legend
Most people get their hearts ripped out at some point. Most people don't deserve it. And most people get over it.

Face it, if heartbreak weren't such a common part of life, the music industry would have folded a long time ago.

My advice: watch High Fidelity.

frankthedm

First Post
So I flirt a lot. Does that mean I deserve to get my heart ripped out?
Emotionally or physically:devil:? You were trying to steal someone's girl. That has cost many people their lives in human history and earned countless beatings.

You got to ask yourself a question when fraternizing with somebody's S.O. "Do you have loyal friends who will help you bury a body, or are you the one somebody's friends will help bury?"

Pbartender

First Post

Spoiler Alert:

Real life is not a romantic comedy.

You got played. Move on.

Remove ads