• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A quick look at Intimidate: the D&D wunderskill

Lonely Tylenol

First Post
buzz said:
Basically, Duel of Wits resolves intractable arguments between players. You break into two sides, and each state the argument you're trying to make. Your argument has a "body" (i.e., hit points), and you then make a series of verbal manuevers (which you must roleplay) that whittle down your opponent's body of argument. When one BoA reaches zero, you have a loser. The winner's argument holds, although he must make concessions commensuate with the "body points" lost in the course of the argument.

You don't necessarily convince your opponent that you are right; you just force him to agree to your demands. Of course, he can always escalate to violence (in-character) if he's really upset with the outcome. :)
That sounds like it would make an easy transition to d20. Interesting...

buzz

Adventurer
Dr. Awkward said:
That sounds like it would make an easy transition to d20. Interesting...
The debate system in Dynasties & Demagogues is quite similar, from what I've heard (don't own the book as yet).

Anyway, I've played through a few DoW, and they're fun a all git-out. I've never enjoyed losing an argument so much. :)

Remove ads