A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Oho, this couldn't have gone better," says Keldar with a grin. "He's got us right where we want him. Even better if he's gone to fetch more of the very people we've been looking for.

"And better yet if they're stupid enough to try to come at us one at a time down the stairs. Still, Turkey didn't strike me as stupid, exactly. For all we know, he's setting about flooding this room with noxious fumes, or something.

"Let's give ourselves some options. Tommy, get the secret door open. We'll go that way if we have to, though I'd much rather stay and take us a passel of thieves alive. I'll see if I can get this door open, so we can wait in the living room, if we like. Although, I must say I'm rather tempted to pour the rest of my oil down the steps, just for the entertainment. If only I still had an alchemist's fire....

"Tarag, you... you start screaming and crying like a little girl, so if he's still here he thinks we're harmless (though zealous and excellent) inspectors trapped like rats. And it'll cover the noise of my lockpicks. Toothpicks! Toothpicks."

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar dashes up the steps to see by what means the door has been secured against them.[sblock=OOC]If there's an accessible lock, he'll get started on it. His Open Lock is +8, so without some form of assistance he has no hope of making DC 30. If it's DC 25, then he surely ought to be able to open it more quickly by rolling repeatedly than by taking 20, so let's try that. If he's not succeeded after 10 attempts, he'll assume the lock is too difficult for him.[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Tommy opens the door to the tunnel and looks around briefly to make sure there aren't any immediate dangers, e.g. assassins poised to strike anyone who opens the door.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tommy opens the door with ease. The levers and locks are well greased and clearly in a well-maintained condition.

Keldar has trouble with the door. In spite of his tools, he cannot seem to unlock it. The door is quite thick, and it would take a considerable amount of time (and noise) to break through it.

OOC: Listen checks, please!

Boddynock

First Post
Tarag steps to the door which Tommy has opened and peers down the passage (reasoning that he's likely to see further than Tommy can). If Tommy wants a Light spell, Tarag can supply it. If not, the cleric will prepare to cast Burning Hands at any violent approach by Turket or his minions.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Anything to see?" asks Keldar, busying himself in pouring his other pint of oil over the top few treads of the stairs before dashing down to join the others, where he finally buckles Jamella's rapier by his side. "Dammit."

Remove ads