A Rather Odd Shovel [Judge: Bront]

Boddynock

First Post
Taking a moment to observe Keldar's actions, Tarag raises one eyebrow at the young human's antics and says, "Keldar, stop playing with them. You know that's cruel!"

He then turns back to the task at hand, taking an almighty swing at the halfling.

OOC: Melee attack against male halfling: (1d20+7=13, 1d8+3=5)

You'd think I could do better than that: a 1 for the last damage roll and a 2 for this one. Still, with a -4 penalty to Scourer's AC for being prone, and a further -2 penalty for being blinded, let's hope he actually hits!

[sblock=Today’s Spells]Spells per day: 5/4+1/3+1

Orisons:
Create Water
Detect Magic
Guidance
Light
Resistance (swapped out for CMinW)

Level 1:
Bane (swapped out for CLW)
Bless
Burning hands (Fire domain)
Divine Favor
Shield of Faith

Level 2:
Bull’s Strength
Produce Flame (Fire domain)
Restoration, Lesser
Spiritual Weapon

Domains: Artifice, Fire[/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
Keldar is at least as surprised as the half-orc. He starts laughing. "It's true! I'm Keldar Warbray! Oh, the saps are up on their feet!"

covaithe

Explorer
Tommy goes to give Keldar a boost up, but his arms are better suited to carrying books than Warbrays. "Come on, don't just float there, help us!" he gasps to the apparently empty air.

ooc: Help Keldar with the climbing, and instruct the invisible servant to help, too. Not sure what I need to do; how about a strength check? 7 Sigh.... Tommy instructs the invisible servant to help; maybe it can make Keldar a bit lighter by pulling up on his shoulders or something...

Trouvere

Explorer
With a much better effort, Keldar swings himself up onto the balcony and sidles around the gnome with weapons flashing into his hands. "Let's dance," he says, and lunges.

OOC: Climb 1d20+2=16, spending 20' move; complete move by going to D1, drawing other rapier and short sword. Attack on archer 1 with rapier 1d20+6=16; 1d6+2=8

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tarag bops the halfling on the head, to no immediate effect other than bruising him.

(The enemies on the floor act as above.)

Tommy gets beneath Keldar's feet and pushes ineffectually.

Round 4:

Fimble steps out and fires at the Blighter, hitting her.

Keldar reaches the balcony and steps into the corner. His rapier catches the gnome, wounding him again.

The gnome screams in a high-pitched voice, "The door! The door!" The woman nods anxiously, whips the door open, and disappears inside. (Blighter: Open door as a Move, Move)

The gnome backs away from Keldar cautiously at first, then breaks out into a full run. (Blaggard: Withdraw)

The half-orc bum takes one look at Keldar Warbray, the man off of whom arrows bounce, and follows pursuit, slamming the door behind him. You can hear a bar fall into place.

Tarag...

Trouvere

Explorer
"What? What!? Get back here! I'd never have told you my name if you were just going to run away! It was three against one! You cowards! Aaah!" Keldar shouts, outraged.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Tarag's attack catches the halfling on his armor and, with the help of the grease, slides off harmlessly. (Tough to miss with all those modifiers, but you did it!)

There is no activity from the creatures on the floor. The wizards' spells keep them down.

Tommy...

Round 5

Fimble...

Keldar...

Remove ads