A ray of hope…

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Scientists have succeeded in getting elkhorn coral to produce offspring in aquariums, meaning it’s possible they could slow or reverse their die-off in the wild. If so, this could be a game changer for rejuvenating reef systems.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
With your permission, Danny. I'd like to open this up to other positive stories.

Despite the headline it does have a happy ending. The police handled the situation correctly. The manager also handled things correctly. I know that part of Atlanta. Hmeless people are abundant there. I even had a panhandler ask me for money at a McDonald's on the same road. Sadly, I did not handle situation correctly. I ignored the man. I'm glad not everyone is like me. There is hope for our future.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
Just read somewhere that scientists are developing a method using heat and two separate "safe" chemicals to actually break down forever chemicals in water. If it works, we could be seeing much more hope on the horizon.
I've seen a headline that said the miracle chemical is Soap. I wish it were that easy ! But I'll take something that is typical "be careful around chemicals" levels of caution when in use.

Art Waring

halozix.com
I've seen a headline that said the miracle chemical is Soap. I wish it were that easy ! But I'll take something that is typical "be careful around chemicals" levels of caution when in use.
Yeah I can't remember the names of the two chemicals, I think one was a sodium-based, but I'm really not sure. I will try to find it again.

aco175

Legend
Scientists might being back the Wooly Mammoth. Throwing out that it may help combat climate change seems to make people cooler with the idea. The theory is that they scrape off the snow in winter exposing the ground to the cold and allow permafrost to sink deeper keeping things locked up.

Not sure if they have seen any movies lately where things like this could go wrong.

1662552373827.png

Remove ads