A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

Dekana

Explorer
Jax feigns deep thought for a moment, putting a claw to his chin.

He then grins broadly and says, "Sure. I'm in. Now, you just need the staff? What of the piece of the heavens itself?"

renau1g

First Post
"Ah wonderful. I'm glad to see everyone's on board with this. I doubt you can bring back the meteor as it should be quite large, even too much for the warforgeds as wondrous as they are." Ezren says to Jax.

"Now as I mentioned the meteor crashed down on the island, around the interior of Daunton, but with all the recent....changes... to the central part of the island I have little faith in our maps. I will offer you one anyways, indicating the most likely location for the fall." the wizard continues, pulling out a parchment and laying it out on the table. He points to a small group of buildings on the map, "This is Daunton, right on the coast." then he points to a mountain range and specifically to a larger central mountain "This is the Axelgold range, and this is where we think it landed." Ezren says, leaning back from the table. "It will take some work for you to locate the area, but once you do, it should be a relatively easy recovery."

Reklaw

First Post
"Do you have some means of transportation or do you propose that we hike out there?" Rrek sighs, wishing he had another drink to cover up the headache he's starting to get...

renau1g

First Post
"Well....ummmm, mundane means of travel were my intention, horses are probably no good into the mountainous areas, so yes, hiking is the most likely method. If it was as simple as teleportation magic I would say the group would retrieve it themselves." Ezren replies.

ryryguy

First Post
"Excellent!" Ingot says cheerfully. "I'm quite happy to take a hike in the countryside. I'm sure there will be a lot to see along the way. Ezren, were you planning to accompany us for any part of the way?"

The warforged turns to the others. "I believe I am ready to set out at once. Does anyone else have to make any preparations first?"

Last edited:

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag nods his head in agreement with his warforged companion.

"I too, would love to hike in the central wilderness of this island. I much prefer to be on solid ground when traveling, as I have the best connection to Terra. I have no preparations to make, so if everyone is ready to go, we can follow the map to where we need to go."

Crag adjusts his armor and his newly acquired longsword and moves to retrieve the map from Ezren so that they can begin their journey.

Dekana

Explorer
Jax shakes his head in response to Ingot's question.

"No. I am ready to go." The kobold steps onto the table so he can get a better look at the map. Excitedly, he says "This is great! It is like a treasure hunt! Hmmm... but there should be an X here..." He claws an X-shaped scratch into the map in the center of the Axelgold mountains.

renau1g

First Post
Ezren grimaces as you carve a mark into his map, then grabs the kobold by the shouder. "I need to speak with you a moment before you embark... in private please" he whispers

Dekana

Explorer
The young kobold's grin fades when he sees the look on Ezren's face. He thinks, Stupid! Now he wants money to fix his map. You should have waited until he left.

"Oh... okay. Wherever you'd like." Jax turns and hops off the table.

Remove ads