A Simple Errand (DM:renau1g, Judge: covaithe)

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Jax]
Once the group leaves the room and Ezren is left with Jax he brings the kobold over and whispers to him.

"You seem like someone interested in a few more coins? Perhaps you can do me a favour. I need someone how can be discreet, you can do that right?" the wizard asks
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=DM]Jax follows, stopping for a second to glare at the skull-creature in the main room. Turtle-what?

"Yep, I can do that. What is the favor?"
he says with the tail wagging again.

OOC: He may not be very discreet about stealing things, but I don't see why he can't keep a secret. Take 10 on bluff for an 18 if needed. Also, Jax is a kobold, not a halfling. :p[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Jax]

"Excellent. This item is important, but it is by no means the only thing that our group hopes to gain from this expedition. If you can place this device in a safe spot out of the sight of the others I will reward you greatly. Gold and perhaps even a magic trinket or two" Ezren says, pulling out a tiny stone with illegible writing on it.

"Once you place it, you must remember the command words to activate it. Klaatu Verata Necto" he continues, "Now repeat them. It is very important"

ooc - sorry, I was just reading a thread about Frodo and the Ring and was thinking about halflings.
[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
[sblock=DM]Jax grasps the stone and examines it closely. The writing doesn't mean anything to him, and the stone looks worthless. How boring. "Anywhere that's safe in the tomb will do? Okay, you can count on me!"

Still trying to discern some possible value from the rock, Jax absentmindedly says "Klaatu Verata Necto." He carefully places the stone inside his thieve's tools kit, among his various lockpicks.

OOC: "I got it, I got it! I know your **** words!" Love the army of darkness / day the earth stood still reference![/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
The group departs from the Hanged Man, passing a rather odd sight as they do, a skeletal figure talking with another group of adventurers, including your (ok some of yours) friend and former companion Skalisss.

Ezren follows you to the door of the tavern, as you exit the building he looks you over "Thank you again. Remember, bring me the staff. The rest of the items you may find there are yours, but the staff is mine" he says, nods and turns away.

You are left with little direction on this man's task, but Crag feels a tug at the very core of him, a sense of surety you can find this staff. Setting out from Daunton the weather is overcast, but at least it cuts the heat normally associated with this time of year. The map provides at least a general set of directions to your goal and you continue due south of the city towards the interior of the island. The forest begins to encroach the path that is evident on the map and soon you are moving through some heavy brush forced to cut your way through. The way is difficult and the going is slow.

[sblock=ooc]
Endurance checks please. Your healing surges are on the line.

I need 3 checks, if you pass 2 of 3 you are ok, but if not, the whipping branches and thorny bushes have caused you great discomfort.

DC is 15

Also, please make a perception check with it as well.
[/sblock]

ryryguy

First Post
Ingot's good mood continues as the group sets out and leaves the city behind. The warforged gazes around in wonder at the flora and fauna in the forest. "This is my first time traveling in this sort of terrain," it explains.

Over time, however, its pace becomes more labored, and its bad knee seems to get stiffer. It trips over a fallen tree trunk and bangs painfully into a rock.

[sblock=Rolls]Fail on endurance: Endurance checks (1d20+5=12, 1d20+5=6, 1d20+5=24)
Fail on perception:
Perception (1d20+4=13)[/sblock]

Dekana

Explorer
Jax finds it perhaps more difficult to navigate through the brush than some of his companions. Without human-sized legs to stride over low obstacles, Jax has to plow through them. Before the march is over, the kobold has a number of painful scratches along his body. Like Ingot, Jax's mood rapidly deteriorates.

*whiish-smack!* "Grrr! I hope it is the last time, Ingot. Maybe we can find a cave network to follow on the return trip. There would not be whipping branches there."

[sblock=rolls]Endurance x3, Perception (1d20+1=20, 1d20+1=5, 1d20+1=3, 1d20+6=10)
That's okay, let's get all of the low rolls in early![/sblock]

Kalidrev

First Post
Crag makes his way through the brambles and branches easily as Terra covers him in a protective coating of rock. He barely even feels the branches as they whip across his chest, arms, and legs. As he walks, he enjoys the view, paying particular attention to the details of the area. The tugging at the back of his mind keeps him focused on getting to the staff, so he does not stroll idly, but walks at a brisk pace at the head of the group of adventurers.

[sblock=Checks]
3 X Endurance Checks and Perception Check (1d20+12=15, 1d20+12=26, 1d20+12=15, 1d20+6=21)
[/sblock]

nerdytenor

First Post
Though slight of frame, Dorn seems to have little trouble holding his own on the trail. His intense focus on the task at hand is evident - he seems to have scarcely looked up, except to make sure that the others were still directly ahead.

OOC: Endurance 19, 14, 20. Perception 1.
Wild soul for the day: psychic.

[sblock=Dorn Stat Block]
Dorn, Half-Orc Sorcerer 2
Passive Perception 10, Passive Insight 10
AC 17, Fort 12, Reflex 15, Will 17 (base defenses)
HP 27/27 Bloodied 13 Surge Value 6, Surges 6/6
Speed 6, Initiative +5
Action Points: 1

Current Effects
Wild Soul: Psychic (resist 5, ignore 5 enemy resistance)

Encounter Resources
Bedeviling Burst
Furious Assault
Half-Orc Resilience
Second Wind
Use Action Point

Daily Resources
Ice Javelins
Deep Shroud
Deathstalker Dagger

1x potion of healing
[/sblock]