• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

A simple fix to balance fighters vs. casters ?

Dandu

First Post
You know you can't cast Shrink Item on a person, and furthermore, you can't actually attack in the same around as you cast a standard action spell, right?

CrazyNinjabeast

First Post
sorry I know nothing about spells, you gave me a link to a character sheet not a spell list, so I just assumed that since enlarge is 1st shrink would be in there to :p

Dandu

First Post
Look under the skill list, check the box to display spells.

Now, I must apologize for this deception; I am afraid that I have led you on.

The dragon's actions actually do not matter. Here's why.

You know the Feather Fall spell? It's an immediate action spell that can be cast at any time. Obviously, you can't cast this when you're flatfooted, such as before you act in combat, but there's a funny thing about minotaurs... they're never flat footed.

So I cast Feather Fall as the dragon moves to grapple me. Fair?

Dandu

First Post
Reduce Person allows a fort save and takes up the standard action you would normally use to, say, attack me - but as in the post right above yours, it really doesn't matter what the dragon chooses to do.

Dandu

First Post
If you look at the Contingency spell, you'll notice that the trigger can be any condition. This is very useful because "I cast Feather Fall" is a condition.

Fair?

Remove ads