A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Meliana will attempt to distract the enemy in order to help Shadya hit him by crawling around and climbing his leg, etc.*

(OOC: She will trust her Hardness 10 to protect her from opportunity attacks and perform Aid Another to help Shadya's attacks for next round. Lasair approaches)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Phoenix8008 said:
"Good hit, Cludge." Kurgahz says as he starts to search the body of the Orc.

Thanks, Kurghaz, Cludge mutters. He stands and looks behind him suddenly.
Where're the girls? he cries. Sweet EnWorphant's bollocks, I'm serposed ta be pertectin' Shady-ah! In alla tha fuss I fergot I shoulda bin keepin' a eye on her.
He whirls on Conuld and Kurghaz. Think you boys can take care o' this 'un? An' didja see where the girls went to? Of all the muddle-headed things ta do, chargin' up here affer jes an orc. No 'fence, Kurghaz.

Trouvere

Explorer
"They were still in the crowd when I left," Conuld states. Doubt nags at him. "Would you not have recognised the hooded man as an orc as you followed, friends? Did you not say he was armed? Does this orc have a weapon? He is no danger now. Let us search the nearby area, quickly."

Conuld heads up the nearest staircase.[sblock=Spells prepared](0) Message; Light; Ray of Frost; Ghost Sound (DC 14); Prestidigitation
(1) Enlarge Person (DC 14); Comprehend Languages; Color Spray (DC 15); Silent Image (DC 15)
(2) Cat's Grace; extended Mage Armor; Scorching Ray
[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
KCC:

The men shake their heads. The more vocal of the two says, "How can you tell one race from another, when they're wearing a hooded cloak like that?" A quick search of the orc's body reveals that he is indeed carrying an old falchion in poor condition. His clothes are rather shoddy, and he has no other items. Only the cloak seems to be of any quality.

Conuld mounts the stairs and surveys the area from above. Unfortunately, nothing new is revealed to him.

LS:

The man feebly attempts to bat the crystal away as Meliana enters his space, but his swings do no damage to her hard, crystalline body.

The thug on the building again shoots a bolt at Shadya. (Hits AC 19, 5 damage)

OOC: IC is down, sorry. The thug has Precise Shot and does not receive -4 to hit when firing into melee

Round 3:

Meliana aids.

Shadya attacks again, just barely missing the man with her scimitar. He laughs, as though he meant to let her have it.

The once-cloaked-man continues to attack her but continues to fail. (Hits AC 10)

Lasair... (She does not have line of sight.)

Initiative:
Meliana
Shadya
Cloaked Man
Lasair <--
Thugs

Attachments

• On-the-Rooftops-Round-3.jpg
    On-the-Rooftops-Round-3.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 188

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair draws her club as she moves into line of sight, then she speaks to the enemies:*

"Surrender, drop your weapons, and allow us to bind you now, and you will not be harmed. There are no healers here, so if you continue this battle, one or both of you will likely die."

(OOC: Manifesting Suggestion on both of them, DC is 18. Hopefully she'll get at least one)

AGFlynn

First Post
Trouvere said:
"They were still in the crowd when I left," Conuld states. Doubt nags at him. "Would you not have recognised the hooded man as an orc as you followed, friends? Did you not say he was armed? Does this orc have a weapon? He is no danger now. Let us search the nearby area, quickly."

Conuld heads up the nearest staircase.

Cludge shuffles nervously in the alley.
I gotta go, boys, he says. You two kin meet us in the square. I gotta do my duty to Shady. Connie, ya got a way teh contact us so's we kin all git back together?

After waiting for Conuld's answer, Cludge will run back to the last point where he saw Shadya and Lasair.
OOC: Rae, I'm not sure how far that is, but I assume Cludge will be too late and too slow to help the women. When he gets back to the crowd, he will start asking people where the two went, particularly anyone he recognizes.

Trouvere

Explorer
AGFlynn said:
Cludge shuffles nervously in the alley.
I gotta go, boys, he says. You two kin meet us in the square. I gotta do my duty to Shady. Connie, ya got a way teh contact us so's we kin all git back together?
"I cannot speak at distance again today. I could create a visible marker in the air above my position if need be, but I cannot find you. I should obtain a fast moving familiar, like Lasair's strange little spider crystal. But that must wait. Kurgahz and... I am sorry, I have not asked your names - can you carry our unconscious friend between you?"

Conuld pauses. "His cloak," he says slowly, "is in much better condition than his other clothing. Does that not strike you as odd?"

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Yer right, Conuld. The cloak does look better than the rest. Maybe magical even? If so, we should remove it in case it can help him to escape of something. Sorry Cludge, I don't have any spells that would be useful for that either." Kurgahz saysas he moves to help carry the other orc.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Perhaps. I do not have the spell to detect magic prepared. It seems unlikely, unless he obtained the cloak from another - which is perhaps the source of my nagging doubt: whether it is possible that the man from the ceremony dashed through here, discarded his tell-tale cloak, and then disappeared over the roofs or through one of these doors, leaving the cloak to be claimed by the lurking unfortunate sheltering here, moments before our arrival. Probably not. In any case, if this were so, we have lost our chance to find him."

Remove ads