A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Lasair will go with the Suggestion (DC remains 17), amending to:

"Surrender, drop your weapons, come to me, and allow us to bind you now, and you will not be harmed. There are no healers here, so if you continue this battle, one or both of you will likely die. Particularly you," she points at the most injured man, "I could dispatch you at a range with my power, and I will if you resist."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Lasair says her words of power, and the once-cloaked-man shudders with fear. He drops his weapon, it plummets 35' down to the ground below. The thug holding the rope nods, says, "I think she's right, this is an impossible situation..." and starts pulling up his ally. (He pulls up 10' feet of rope with two move actions, the once-cloaked-man is now dangling 5' from the edge of the adjacent building.)

The other thug, the crossbowman, doesn't seem to understand that his friends have been charmed. He fires another bolt at Shadya but misses.

Then, out of the darkness of the rooftop door, a second bolt comes flying out. It zips past the man holding the rope and between Lasair and Shadya, thudding into the wall on the opposite side of their roof, harming nobody. There's a very loud curse in Sairundani, then fleeing footsteps.

Round 5:

Meliana...

K&C:

The four of you come out of the alley to see basically what Cludge saw:

Some semblance of order has been achieved during your absence, and a few guards surround the large bowl as well as holding the center stage. Several Sairundani are tending to the fallen ceremony officials and dervish initiates. There are significantly fewer people in the crowd, and the guards are trying to calm those at the fringes, speaking firmly but softly in Sairundani. Gram is still at the center, issuing a statement to the onlookers.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Meliana comes back to Lasair.*

'Hey did you see that? The bad guy was like "Cut, Slash. Pow! I got you now!" and then I was like "Poke--take that!" and Shadya yn Hayder was all whirling blades, and he ran away!'

'Yes, you did well, little one. I am sure Shadya was much the better for your aid.'

"Shadya yn Hayder, those two by the rope will be submitting. Can you take care of the last one?" Lasair wonders.

*If not, Lasair will consider her options to Suggestion the last enemy.*

Solange

First Post
"Was the last one aiming at us or his companions?" Shadya asks, curious about the wayward dagger that could have been a target for anyone.

OOC: Is the third one the one who took off in the background? Or is there another third I'm not remembering? Does Shadya see any other way to get across to pursue the man? How far is the seperation between us and them?

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I think he was aiming at his companions. He is likely someone recognisable and probably important involved in this plot, or else he would not have stood by and risked defeat for his allies simply in order to preserve his anonymity. He probably does not want them to talk."

Solange

First Post
"Then it is important that these two get a chance to talk," Shayda says, more to herself than Lasair. Vengeance was near, but these two were only pawns she reminded herself.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: There were 4 men: the once-cloaked-man, the rope-man, the crossbow-man, and the shadows-man. The once-cloaked-man and the rope-man are now under Lasair's power. The crossbow-man is shooting from the rooftop, and the shadows-man has fled into the building across the way.

If Shadya got a running start, she'd have a chance at leaping over the 15' gap, but she'd risk falling 50' (and taking fall damage)

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Couldn't you take 10? That would succeed. Bleh, Natural 2. Failed by more than 5, so she didn't even make it to the square next to the wall, so I think that means no grabbing. Did you include the Tumble synergy?

Intentional jump will let you roll another jump check and a tumble check to negate some of it, but that's still 10.5 average damage if you make both checks--hope you don't die!)

Remove ads