A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
LS:

As the once-cloaked-man turns to grab the tossed rope, Shadya's rapier slips beneath his chain shirt and sinks into his leg. He grunts in pain. (7 damage)

The man stoops to grab the rope, then he jumps, swinging down to the other side. (AoO from Shadya) He slams into the wall on his recently stabbed leg, and he shrieks in pain. (1 non-lethal damage)

OOC: Shadya gets an AoO when he moves out of her threatened area. The situation has changed some, so Rystil, please confirm Lasair's action again.

Trouvere

Explorer
"Back to the Pavilion, to turn him over to the authorities, then?" asks Conuld. "Oh. Were you serious about stripping him of his cloak, to be certain sure?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I don't understand where the 'rope' or the 'other side' are. I assume Lasair can't get within 15 feet of the particular enemy she cares about (the one we've been chasing, not the two reinforcements). I'm struggling to visualise what just happened and how the rope movement would matter to Lasair's plan. Is he out of range now or something?)

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Dwarven Fighter 3 HP:34 AC:15

Growing disheartened, Cludge trudges stalwartly on down Numair, pausing every 10 seconds to bellow: Shady-ah! Lasair! Kin ya hear me girls?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Too much OOC: ]Lasair: I was actually referring to her statement, which doesn't really make sense now, since he's out of reach:
Lasair said:
"Surrender, drop your weapons, and allow us to bind you now, and you will not be harmed. There are no healers here, so if you continue this battle, one or both of you will likely die."
The rope was tossed by the thug on the other building. The once-cloaked-man then grabbed the rope and jumped to to the other side. He is now dangling 15' beneath the edge of that building's roof on the rope. See picture for placement. Both the thug and the cloaked man are within range now of Lasair's power, I think.

----

Cludge: Assuming that Cludge shouting is halfway between a battle (Listen DC: -10) and people talking (DC: 0), him shouting is a DC: -5. The girls ran for about 15 rounds through the alleys (we fast-forwarded some) and are currently about 900' away from Cludge. The closest Numair comes to the girls' current location is 200' (which makes for a DC: 15 check). That's about... 800' away on Numair. How fast can Cludge run?[/sblock]

LS:

[sblock=Listen DC: 85]"Shady-ah! Lasair! Kin ya hear me girls?"[/sblock]

Attachments

• On-the-Rooftops-Round-4.jpg
    On-the-Rooftops-Round-4.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 295

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Hmmm, it looks like she can get within 15 feet of that cloaked guy. How is he looking HPwise? He's taken 20 Damage including the AoO. Is that on his last legs? Doing just fine and taking it in stride? If he's low enough, she can just Swarm of Crystals him and not bother with the thugs.

But more likely, just the Suggestion. I think it is still applicable--if they fail their save, they're going to keep letting us take 20 on binding them and bring them in for up to 5 hours, so even if we aren't adjacent for now, it shouldn't be a big deal as long as we get over there. The idea is that hopefully at least one of them fails the Will Save. Hopefully Cloaked guy.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Trouvere said:
"Back to the Pavilion, to turn him over to the authorities, then?" asks Conuld. "Oh. Were you serious about stripping him of his cloak, to be certain sure?"
"Sure, I'll take the cloak off just in case." Kurgahz responds before setting down the orc and removing the cloak. He then picks up his burden again and then starts walking back towards the town square where this all started.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
LS:

OOC: The man is bleeding heavily from the wound Shadya gave him just before he leapt. He looks like he can't take much more, despite his bravado.

Solange

First Post
OOC: In case I get waylayed again, Shadya intends on throwing a dagger at the fleeing man if he hasn't surrendered or otherwise been taken care of.

Remove ads